View Full Version : Texas parole-how long does it take to hear from the board?

CLTIJERINA
05-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok so I may sound like I don't know what I'm talking about but my love goes up for review next week...how long does it take to hear from the board and to get an answer for when he comes home if approved?we are in Texas, you know how that is. Any information will help. It's our first time up

ben's girl
05-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I have moved your thread to the TX forum so you can get the best answers to your question.

ben's girl

CLTIJERINA
05-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank u

asmom
05-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok so I may sound like I don't know what I'm talking about but my love goes up for review next week.
Does this mean his file will be voted on next week? If so, an answer could be made within 2 weeks or so. However the time frame varies greatly.
Good luck with his parole. I wish you and him a good outcome.

CLTIJERINA
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok...thank you so much. Yes his file.will be for review next week. I've been researching this topic for the last 2 years and now that we are days away I'm clueless..so if he is approved n we receive an answer how long after that does he come home? Weeks, months?

asmom
05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
It will depend on what parole conditions he is granted. There are several posts on the forum that list them.

CenTexLyn
05-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Much of the processing time will be driven by whether this is an OIMS (electronic) case or an older paper file. Paper files take longer start to finish.

When did the interview with the Institutional Parole Officer take place?

Once a file has reached the Board, then votes can be recorded relatively quick. The last one I had in Gatesville, as an example, was entered in the computer on the same day I met with the lead voter (and may even have been done before I finished lunch and left the Gatesville area). On the flip side, I have seen files that took close to two months after the arrival in a Panel office, and I also had an SB45 case that was close to four months from the appointment with the lead voter to the final vote being recorded by Rissie.

CLTIJERINA
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM
He saw ipo last Wednesday! Wow I'm soo shocked as to the fast processes now just more waiting time in an answer...do ipo told me to call back within 2-8 weeks what are the odds of an answer by then? And who can pick him up ? When released? Anyone or it has to be someone in his visitors list

CenTexLyn
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
There are no restrictions on who can pick up a releasee. And those who did not have someone to pick them up are provided a bus voucher to the city of their release plan...