View Full Version : Are they releasing some prisoners due to the overcrowding?

Hisgirlmeb
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
My boyfriend called the other day and told me they had a rumor going around the jail that they are releasing some prisoners due to the overcrowding, he asked me to see if I could find any truth behind it, I have searched everything. Found some that talks about it but nothing for sure. Anyone know anything???

rosfriend
05-05-2012, 10:41 AM
More rumors here...it's being said that they're going to start releasing prisoners when their parole eligibility date comes up. But, that won't apply to VO or SO inmates.
I don't know. Again, it's just a rumor apparently.
ROS

just98us
05-05-2012, 12:58 PM
That's a rumor. My LO just went up for parole and he got denied. So if it was a crowed issue they would have let him go home.

D's lady
05-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Ok.....are they EVER granted parole the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

D's lady
05-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Also, mine keeps asking about some kind of parole change July 1 2012....I haven't found much if anything....

**Mrs. Harris**
05-06-2012, 12:58 PM
My hubby said there was a posting stating that the BOPP was changing to TDOC starting July 1st. Noone really knows what that means yet, but everyone says its a good thing. It has something to do with their red date and if they are at or over that date, they should be releasing them. again, i am not sure how true all of this is, but everyone should know july 1st. i have searched everywhere for more info but nothing has come up. any more info on this?

reisha91
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
My fiance said their waiting to see if a law gets passed in september...instead of completing 2/3 of their time the law is trying to say all they have to do is 1/3 of their time before being able to come home....so i have my fingers crossed and im praying hard that the law gets passed(the law doesnt apply to SO or VO)

rosfriend
05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Ok.....are they EVER granted parole the first time?

I hear it's pretty dang rare. Would have to be some lightweight offense.
ROS

kluvrae
05-07-2012, 06:41 AM
My hubby said there was a posting stating that the BOPP was changing to TDOC starting July 1st. Noone really knows what that means yet, but everyone says its a good thing. It has something to do with their red date and if they are at or over that date, they should be releasing them. again, i am not sure how true all of this is, but everyone should know july 1st. i have searched everywhere for more info but nothing has come up. any more info on this?

My husband told me about the memo also; so I started searching for it, here is what I found. I can't put the link so I will try to tell you how to view it. Go to the tn gov web site, click on the government tab, then the departments & agencies tab, click the letter c or corrections dept., there in the middle of the page you will see different titles scrolling, click on tdoc & bopp- it's called public safety strategy.
Hope this is helpful.

Hisgirlmeb
05-07-2012, 07:22 AM
did some more looking on the state website it still is nothing that i would say to him to look forwardto I am going to pass the info shared by everyone on to Michael. He is up for his second parole hearing in september so we are hoping and praying he comes home. as far as I know no one makes parole the first time, I do however know that just because the interviewer says a year dont mean it will be a year. Michaels final decision came back for 8 months.

D's lady
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Ok yea the only thing I found about July 1st is something to do with lifers. Not sure if that is even connected.

Dameon's1nonly
05-07-2012, 10:53 PM
That's a rumor. My LO just went up for parole and he got denied. So if it was a crowed issue they would have let him go home.
My baby went up on the end of last month and didn't make it either!:confused: I so ready for him to come home I don't want to do!

Hisgirlmeb
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
its hard when they dont make it disappointing but there is nothing we cando because it dont matter to the parole board

Dameon's1nonly
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I know right! It like the douche bag already had his mind made up about my baby! Saying he was high risk and just had an attitude like he just didn't care how my baby been in there for over a year now on a 5 year @ 30% and he'd taken numberous classes and only had one write up! They were talking about putting him off for another 1 1/2 but with his good time he would have max out by then it all just frustrating. I just want him home already!

D's lady
05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Yea my man's lawyer made seem like he would be out by the second hearing. I hope so

Dameon's1nonly
05-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Well good luck to you! I hope he is able to get out on his second hearing! I'm hoping and praying the big board ends up giving my baby parole since the small board denied him. So hopefully we both end up getting what we're hoping for!

D's lady
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes that would be awesome!