View Full Version : Were you there when he got locked up? How did you feel?

Freethadonfella
04-19-2012, 11:31 PM
I remember the police kickn my door in with their guns up...forcing us to get out of tha house...dey locked him up...and i thought my world was over....I was 2mnths pregnant...with my first baby and could not believe I was in dis situation...we both got interrogated...couldn't even go home because I could not close my door..dey trashed my whole place looking for a gun..and wen I woke up tha nxt day I thought it was all a dream...but it wasn't..whuch was the sad part........

foreverus1931
04-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I am so sorry that you were put through that whole invasion. But as for me I wasn't there because me and my boyfriend are in different states. But the day it happen it was a Wednesday and I was at church at my volunteer program. I went to the car because I wasn't feeling good and was just really irritated so I wanted to try to cool down. I went home and that night I got a text from one of his family member telling me what happen.. I was so stunned and hurt and upset it was just a sense that I felt it was crazy.

MartinezWifey
04-20-2012, 12:55 AM
He called me right before and while they were arresting him. :((

*Mrs. Martinez*

smantha5732
04-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I found out he was wanted a few weeks before he was arrested. I woke up to the cops knocking on my door. Then we fought about that then on March 20 th he was taking me to the doctor driving me... we got pulled over by us marshals a block away from our house and they told me they were taking him back to Michigan :-( it broke my heart and he just said " baby you still go to the doctor I love you" and left. It's been a month tomorrow but he's already out of the prison and moved to a reentry program. Just have to wait for interstate transfer to approve it.

waitingformylov
04-20-2012, 01:01 AM
We just got our baby in the car and were getting ready to leave the drive way when they swooped in. I was hysterical. The US marshals were nice and let him say good bye to us. It was the worst feeling in the world. It felt like a nightmare

waitingformylov
04-20-2012, 01:02 AM
I found out he was wanted a few weeks before he was arrested. I woke up to the cops knocking on my door. Then we fought about that then on March 20 th he was taking me to the doctor driving me... we got pulled over by us marshals a block away from our house and they told me they were taking him back to Michigan :-( it broke my heart and he just said " baby you still go to the doctor I love you" and left. It's been a month tomorrow but he's already out of the prison and moved to a reentry program. Just have to wait for interstate transfer to approve it.

What was his charges

smantha5732
04-20-2012, 01:06 AM
What was his charges

Leaving the state if Michigan while on parole, quitting his job on parole... there were like 6 parole violations that stemed from that. But still i was surprised Michigan would come all the way here to get him for only 4 months left of his parole when he left.

waitingformylov
04-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Leaving the state if Michigan while on parole, quitting his job on parole... there were like 6 parole violations that stemed from that. But still i was surprised Michigan would come all the way here to get him for only 4 months left of his parole when he left.

I'm in Oregon and nj came for my man. He has absconding parole and parole violation with possession charge

ashleydunfee
04-20-2012, 01:11 AM
We were on the run together in Arkansas. He was arrested and brought back to Ohio by the Marshall's. And I am here waiting. Things went smoothly but we are so ready to be together again.

RuthieBee
04-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Nope--he was even to scared to tell me he was in. I have known him 20 years. I had dinner with him 6 months before the "crime" ever happened, and I told him... you mess with those idiots, they will get you locked up, or killed. within 6 months, he had 166 stitches in his head and a 5 year sentence. .... not sayin I am psychic, just wise.

femmefatale76
04-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Yep...I was 3 months prego...the images still won't go away :/

forever&always

smantha5732
04-20-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm in Oregon and nj came for my man. He has absconding parole and parole violation with possession charge

Its crazy to go that far!! How long did your man get for it??

waitingformylov
04-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Its crazy to go that far!! How long did your man get for it??

Still waiting to see. His parole violation drug charge is 278 days but he says they still have to charge him with possession. Still waiting to hear when his revocation hearing is

Freethadonfella
04-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Yep...I was 3 months prego...the images still won't go away :/

forever&always

Tha same for me too...I get sad wen jan 27 comes around(tha day he got lockd up) cause dat was tha last day I was with him.hate goin bck to dat night...

smantha5732
04-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Still waiting to see. His parole violation drug charge is 278 days but he says they still have to charge him with possession. Still waiting to hear when his revocation hearing is

That sucks! I'm sorry waiting really is the hardest part.

juss me6
04-20-2012, 03:43 AM
i had just left to go home i had stayed the night with him valentines night and the next morning i left around 8am. i had an interview n had to get around for work also. he texted me and told me he missed being next to me every night and that he was happy i finally got a new vehicle for us and i could come stay with him every night and that he loved me and appreciated just me being there (we knew the police were looking for him and i have a real good job he didnt want me to get caught and in trouble for having him in the house so he started stayin at a friends) we continued to text and about an hr later he stopped answering me. later that night about 8pm his friend finally told me the police came there and picked him up. the next morning i rushed an hr away to that jail and did everything i could for him =( i miss him so much

Patty
04-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Where was I? At work. How did I feel? Relieved, we knew it was coming at some point and this just meant we were on track to getting things handled so we could move forward together and our amazing journey continues...

taraadele18
04-20-2012, 06:24 AM
I was at work, having a few "disagreements" with him on the phone. Things were going down quick and he wanted me to leave work and pick him up. I was aggravated with him and didn't want to leave work. (he was loaded). He told me he'd call back... Never heard back from him, talked to his mother and found out what happen and he was on his way to jail. A couple hours later he calls me from jail. I'm so very thankful I wasn't there, i couldn't imagine! But sometimes I feel guilty, I should of left work.. But then again, with out this journey, I doubt we wouldnt have grown like this!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

prodri73
04-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I wasn't with him....we had just had a massive argument and he left to help a friend move some stuff....I put my kids to bed and fell asleep...when I woke up at around 5am I had a voicemail...he was apologizing and said he loved me....at around 8am I got a call from the hospital...it was an officer saying my husband was in custody...they found him overdosed passed out with a gun in his mouth...I couldn't believe it...he was held on the behavioral floor of the hospital for a week for observation and just when I thought they were going to let him come home...he called and said the US Marshals were standing outside the doors waiting for him...he was in county for a week and released on bond...he was home on pretrial release for about a year....I didn't drive him to self surrender his dad did....that was 2 months ago...now I wish I had just so I could have had one more day with him but I didn't want to make things harder for him...man do I miss my love luckily he only has about 4 more months and then he goes to the hwh...

*Missing my love*

betamom
04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I was at work. He called me as they were picking him up at the house. The US Marshalls then allowed him to text me all the way to the prison. That was 2 months ago and my heart is still broken.

sarbear831
04-20-2012, 08:02 AM
The night his PO took him away, I was in the car waiting for him to see his PO but he never came back out. Instead his PO came out and told me he was taking him back and he will be home right after the new year ( he went in nov 28). Here we are 5 months later and he still isn't home :(

InmateLover67
04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
I remember the police kickn my door in with their guns up...forcing us to get out of tha house...dey locked him up...and i thought my world was over....I was 2mnths pregnant...with my first baby and could not believe I was in dis situation...we both got interrogated...couldn't even go home because I could not close my door..dey trashed my whole place looking for a gun..and wen I woke up tha nxt day I thought it was all a dream...but it wasn't..whuch was the sad part........

Yes, I was there and we have been through the whole ordeal together.

This is only making us stronger.

Peace~

whitehill81
04-20-2012, 08:45 AM
We were only friends back then but i remember waking up and getting the paper as i always do and there was the news about him being involved with 6 others in a murder.

Amanda_UWW
04-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes. He was living at my house but we were not paying rent so technically it was not his house and they could not search. We were living in my mom's lower unit and my parents were up north. It was crazy because I decided not to go to class that day and wanted to lay in bed with him. we heard a little knock at the door but it was early and we wanted to sleep so we ignored it. Then a few minuets my mom called... It was odd but I still ignored it. THen my mom called my husbands phone and I knew something was up.... The cops worked with my neighbor and called my mom and told her someone had hit my husband's truck and drove off and that he needed to file a police report and that the cops were outside waiting. So he gets up and goes outside they had the swat team there and the put him in cuffs and it was a big scene. They came at me and wanted told me he's a very dangerous man and blah blah blah and tried interrogating me. I didn't say anything. They wanted to search my house but F that.... They took him in on Friday December 3rd. I will never forget. (not to mention, the crime they were charging him for was over two years ago... he was going to college full time, and working full time making his life what it needed to be). I had a hugeeeeee breakdown. his mom came over, my best friend from out of state drove up... his friends came over and we all spent the night together because I couldn't be alone. It was a messsssss!! terrible!! Then they set his bail for $75 thousand dollars.... It's absolutely crazy. The whole case is crazy... The justice system is crazy.

mrs.marks
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I was there when he got arrested. It's hard to describe how I felt. I hate to say I was happy, or glad, or relieved, but I guess that's that's the best way to say it. He was talking about doing some really stupid stuff when he found out he had a warrant, and I'm glad he got arrested before he could do it.

SullysGirl
04-20-2012, 09:28 AM
It was Valentine's Day and I was at work. He was about 3 weeks away from getting out of the HWH he was in. Well apparatnly his counselor went and found reasons to send half her inmates of to prison. My LO was sent for filing unemployment she didn't know about. His employer had given him permission since the work he was having him do wasn't technically for their business. He was paying him half his wages in cash doing little things to keep him working. I'm not saying what he did was right, but what do they expect them to do? If he wasn't filing how would he have made his mortgage payment and still given them $27/day to be there? How was he supposed to privide for his son? Of course they only care about getting their money. I still can't believe they didn't just give him a major write-up. It's not like he robbed a bank. He had unreported income. Still irks me. But I'm crossing my fingers he makes parole in June! I miss my baby!

rkb5721
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
I was at home waiting for him to come home from work. His co-worker/our roommate came and told me he was in jail. My heart literally broke, because I knew he wasn't coming home anytime soon. I miss him so much its a physical ache. I just keep telling myself its not forever and he will be home soon.

cowboyangel
04-20-2012, 10:33 AM
He was remanded as soon as the jury passed the verdict of guilty. Before the trial that morning, we were on our knees together in a consultation room, holding each other and praying. Then when the judge revoked his bond and remanded him to custody for a month to await sentencing, he almost passed out. I was with a large group of people, mostly family but some friends who all gasped and some started sobbing. They took his cowboy hat and wallet and cuffed him and led him away on Feb 23. He hasn't seen the light of day since then. Then, I saw him again in court for his sentencing. He was in chains and couldn't turn around to see any of us. It was utterly devastating. Then, I saw him again 2 days ago to face another court for violating his probation because of this latest charge. He was sentenced to another 3 years consecutive and not concurrent. He said, "just shoot me judge." And then they hauled him off. I was in shock and numb and filled with intense sorrow. Later, I heard they'd put him on suicide watch which means they stripped him naked, through him in a padded cell without a blanket a pillow or food for 24 hours.

The newest charges are DV related. He was falsely accused by his now ex-wife who caught him emailing a woman he'd met online. She knew he'd been on probation for a previous DV charge from his first wife and used that to falsely accuse him and destroy his life. The court doesn't seek out the truth, the court only looks at the record. And in DV cases they don't look for proof, they just believe whatever the "victim" says.

shortybaby52491
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
i was there with my boyfriend when we got arrested i was blowdrying my hair getting ready to go to my parents and we hear this loud bang we though r roomates were fighting i cut the blow dryer and we hear them say police then they knock down r door and hand cuffed us both and took us in then then we spent 3 days in jail and as i was geting released i saw them taking him to the bus to take him to county :[ i felt like my world was just falling apart

kaybabemarshall
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I was sitting on y couch , just got out of bed . My man was at work , and a bunch of cops busted threw the door . They arrested me , in front of all our neighbors , my mom called my man at work and he turned him self in , and they released me . I never it convicted of anything , they just wanted my boyfriend to show up . I was embarrassed , but more upset that I knew my man wouldn't be getting out of jail anytime soon .

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk

fedup2018
04-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I remember like it was yesterday. Feb 26, 2007 he starting packing that night, so I thought like always he was going to see his sister. That morning I got up and got ready to go to school and something told me to stop him from leaving. I was going to tell him lets just stay in bed all day, but my pride and anger would not allow me to talk to him (oh how I regret it now). Well March 2, 2007 It was a rainy day and felt him leave me. I called his cellphone the exact time he was arrested, no on answered. I was instruct to look at the newspaper and that was when I crashed. I have been with this man since I was 18 and I am 42. We have never been apart this long.

LindiLLou
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
We knew there was going to be an indictment. So, he made arrangements, in advance through his attorney, to turn himself in when the indictment was handed down. We knew there would be a bail hearing really quick and had an idea about the amount so we got that set up. Sort of uneventful. I don't know how I would have held up if I went through what most of you have been through. I admire your strength.

Wetpawzgirl
04-21-2012, 03:39 PM
It was early in the morning on November 8, 2011.. i got a phone call to my cell and i answered it and it was the detective asking if my husband was with me and i said yes he is and he said whats ur location and i gave the city name and them he asked if he could speak to my husband n i said ok n woke up my husband and he answered n the detective said that a cop car would b pulling up to our house in bout 5 minutes to get ready.. my husband said ok n got up n started putting on jeans and a shirt t was cold outside so i ran to my car n got my brothers sweater n put it on him cuz he couldnt find any of his sweaters inside the house.. i got the sweater n the cop was outside n i ran inside n as my guy was dressing i kept kissing him n telling him i love him n i would hug him n i started crying telling him that this was for the best.. n he just kissed me n told me that he loves me too n he kissed my forehead n got my hand n we walked out of the house together n the cop got his other hand n started reciting his rights n i let go of his hand n the cop handcuffed him n told me thank u for not running away.. i just nodded my head with tears in my eyes.. worst day of my life i felt like i turned him in :'(

ComeBack2Me
04-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I was right beside him when he got locked up (i got locked up w/ him) we were surrounded & blocked off on the freeway & ordered to get out of the car. I felt so sick in the stomach seeing them put cuffs on him & I can only imagine how he felt seeing me being cuffed up too. They let us ride in the back of the same squat car together which was surprising to me. Fighting through the tears I looked at him forcing a smile & I told him that everything is gonna be ok :) b/c I knew he was really worried about me & in a way I wanted to believe it myself. Tears began to fall from his eyes & that made me weak. Thats the first time in our 2yrs of being together that i've ever seen him cry. I was kinda relieved that it was all over b/c he didnt have to run anymore. I love & miss him so much

skiylazdaddy
04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I was sitting at the Ronald mcdonald house getting ready to Go across the street to see our sick daughter in the NICU.. she had her third surgery the day before... He was supossed to be out lookin for a job.... As i was getting ready to leave the couple i was goin to walk to the hospital stopped me... They said hey there are Three undercover cops lookin for you at the front desk... It scared the hell outta me.... They took me into the office informed me that my fiance and his buddy were in custody and that i needed to answer some questions .... I was interviewed for 4 hours.. they told me that DPSS was with my daughter and that if i didnt tell them what my fiance has been up to i wouldnt see my daughter again... I told them i didnt know anything except that he was OUT looking for work everyday while i was at the hospital with our daughter... they said there is no way A woman can be with a man close to five years and not know hes breaking the law... The only reason im able to sit here and rght this.. is because the nursing staff and drs verified i was at my daughters bedside everyday since she was born.... She was two months old when he was taken from us..... I miss him like crazy.... I was scared and alone.. plus dealing with our daughters health issues... SORRY SO LONG... Just realized ive never written it out before...

missinmrreyna
04-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I was sitting in the courtroom along with our two sons. We all said what we needed to and then the judge threw the book at him. Makes me cry talking about it. Feels like the first day all over again ):

D's lady
04-21-2012, 07:42 PM
They came to my house...I sent them away....they came back later...by then my guy hid out. They came in with guns out...my two kids and nephew were crying...they searched everywhere and tore my room apart. They left and my man came back and said bye to our kids and I took him in. That was December 7

dalesgirl
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
For the original crime, yes. It was nothing like TV. The cops (detectives not uniform) came in and told us they had a warrant. Read him his rights. Covered his handcuffs with his coat as my kids were coming home from school. I felt like I'd been punched in the gut and wanted to scream. I hated how civilized it was when it felt like the end of the world for me. We knew it was coming but it didn't made it any easier. Even though he had confessed to me, it took me awhile to come to terms with what he had done. We only made it three years that time.

JTJwife
04-23-2012, 10:19 PM
On a rainy Tuesday morning hubby got pulled over for speeding. When his license was ran thru NCIC...well, the rest is history. The officer told my hubby the only reason they ran NCIC was because he was in another state. Hubby called me. The people there were nice. They let hubby and me talk until the battery on his cellphone was dead.

Tims Wife

twon_is_my_life
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Sure was, i was there when he did what he did and when they put the cuffs on him, they did let him give me a kiss and a hug bye. Then he got out on bail and was out on bail for 2yrs and then was there by his side in the court room when they took him away in cuffs yet again for a bench warrant and he was in for 3 mths on that got his sentence on his original case and got out for two weeks before having to turn himself in to start his sentence and i took him in and watched him walk through those doors knowing he wouldnt be coming back home with me for a looooong time and that one i think was the hardest time.:(

bashndead5150
06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
He called me in the car speed chase and said im sorry babe if I dont make it through this I love you I couldn't stop cryin

GuerosMama
06-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I wasn't there, but I got a phone call immediately after it all happened. He was running and told me: "baby I am so sorry, I love you" I knew it was going to come to that at some point, and I was sad, but I was happy that he chose to call me, and that I didnt have to hear it from someone else.

Mz.Mo
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I got a phone call at work after he went to court for something else saying" they keeping bay bay" Instant heart ache and pain worst day of my life!

cranabanana
06-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I was in court the morning he took his plea, and I just remember all the boy's families sobbing. ( He was charged in a group) They wouldn't let me kiss him goodbye, and I stood there sobbing while he looked for me.

aggies2009
06-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I have been there for all of the times but the first & most recent were the hardest! But, yes...back in April when he was arrested, I was there. I thought I was going with him because I went with him the first time. I will NEVER forget the way he looked at me as I drove off. I miss him so much & would give ANYTHING just to kiss him right now.

Tookie1132
06-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I was not there. I came home from work and he wasn't there but his car, phone, and wallet were. I thought that was really odd. Then I found a wet towel on the bed and I knew that he would NEVER do that. I knew what had happened as he had a warrant out on him, but we had been living together for 4 years, with no problems. He just didn't get a drivers license when his expired, worked at a job that had no background check, I had all the bills in my name. We knew this day might come but it was still a surprise. While I was still searching all around the house I got a phone call from the jail and I KNEW for sure then. I got lucky and was able to visit him that night. I found out that he heard the door, looked out the window and saw who it was and then jumped into the shower. I guess to give a good reason for not answering the door? That is how the wet towel got onto the bed.

mrs.cervantes19
06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
In his room , and i seriously felt like they took my other half "/

KatieM.
06-09-2012, 07:32 AM
I felt like I had to throw up and I really wanted to cry but it hurt too bad for the tears to come.

Nieves915
06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Which time,,, i was with him the last three times. the first time we were going to get something to drink, i told him go left cuz going right was too risky, He was on the run, he went right,, and bam state trooper,, stopped, handcuffed him, almost tassed him and almost arrested me,,, second time, they came to my job, threatened my job, my child, and my freedom, they had been watching him for over a month, they knew he was there, i tried really hard to lie, but when they spun me around and began to handcuff me i said okay,,,,, i love my husband, but i cant risk my job, my child, my freedon,,, the third time he came to pick me up from work, we were walking out and i fogot the cookies, i said hold on, i got the cookies and walked outside, he was already handcuffed........... okay this has got to be it right,, it was all for the same initial charge, never a new charge,,,,,,,, my man IS innocent, but has to pay because of a bitter ex,,

Scotties_Girl21
06-09-2012, 08:44 AM
We knew exactly when he was gonna go and I chose not to be in the courtroom because I would not have been able to hold it together. We woke up together that morning and just layed with each other and cried, I remember running my fingers through his hair, telling him I loved him and just holding him trying to make the tears stop. His Mon showed up to take him to court and he said "I love you baby, write me" and walked out sobbing. I layed in my bed and cried that whole day and whole night. It was the WORST pain I've ever been through in my life, I wanted him so badly and I couldn't have him. Ugh, bad memories ..

Every day brings me one day closer to you....<3

lvmiller
06-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I was there and it was the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life

prettywings773
06-09-2012, 09:12 AM
wow you guys have some truamatic stories. I could not imagine. we were on the outs, I was about 8 months pregnant. he was in a HWH. so I ended up calling to ask him something and the person was like oh he was sent back this morning, so i repeated his name and due was like he knows him and he was sent back. I called back several times that day because I was in disbelief, and i checked docket and yup he had been sent back. I was in disbelief and shock.

MnNice
06-09-2012, 09:42 AM
No. I dropped him off for his weekly class/meeting with his probation officer. He drove their, we got out, hugged, kissed, and said I'll see you in a hour. Well 10 minutes after I dropped him off, his probation officer called me saying he was taken into custody. He got violated for a new theft charge. And with some failed UAs in the past, they sent him away. I didn't go to court the day he was sentenced, I couldn't handle knowing the outcome. We had a visit that afternoon, and he cried and told me he was going to prison for 32 months.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using PrisonTalk

mrs.ryder
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
We found out my fiance had a warrant out from his p.o calling and telling him to turn himself in asap.... Yeah right! Anywho we took him in the next day and all i did was cry from the moment i woke up to the time we got there. He gave me a hug and kiss and walked through them doors i started bawling knowing i wouldnt have him with me for awhile. I was in court when they sentenced him to 52 mths state prison and i was 4mths pregnant with our kid when he left :(