View Full Version : Probation revocation for failure to pay child support

dessy5550
04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
My ex and I are schedule to have our day in child support court (5/12). I filed for cs and had court ordered back in 12/00 yes..11 yrs ago, he has failed to pay one cent till this day. He is on federal probation I believe he still has 2 yrs to go he was incarcerated for 5 yrs; since his release he started his business and is/was living the life. Yet repeatedly told me he was not gonna see one penny from him just like he told me in front of the judge 11 yrs, he's has lived up to his word. We were finally served about 3 wks ago, we have two
Daughters he owes $46,000 which needs to be revalued this based on 11yrs ago. Now is have him calling me and asking me to help him out because they are gonna send him back to jail...I told him I am not gonna lie in court I'll say the truth u pick n phone the girls here n there and that's all there is. I am blessed and grateful that I have a supporting family and a good job having made it possible to support my daughters and provide them with all their needs and wants, yes they are a bit spoiled. Do I feel bad for him, even after everything he put me through I feel sorry for him, but a parents is gotta be responsible.

fbopnomore
04-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Since he has never paid you anything in 11 years to help support his children, which absolutely was done on purpose, I say let him deal with the consequences of his behavior. For that amount of unpaid support, he could even get new charges in addition to a probation violation.

Erics4ever
04-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't feel sorry for him at all.

CenTexLyn
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
No sympathy whatsoever...it is one thing if someone was at least making an effort to pay, but to flat thumb the nose at the Court? Bah, thats on them and them alone...to include any new time that they might get for being a deadbeat.

dessy5550
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes he definetly fits the definition of deadbeat dad

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

dessy5550
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Now I don't know if he's turning our daughters against me; but, earlier today they both told me that they will never speak to me again if he goes back to jail. It hurts to hear tat from them, I've been mom & dad have literally split myself into pieces to make every event in their lives. I've wiped tears, mended wounded & broken hearts. Been through so much, this too shall pass.

fbopnomore
04-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't doubt that he is trying to convince the children that you will be responsible if he goes back to prison. Be sure to tell them the truth about the situation, his probation officer will decide what happens to him, not you, and your ex wouldn't be in trouble if he had helped pay for their food, clothes, etc. instead of keeping all his money for himself. It may be difficult to tell them anything negative about their father, but it doesn't seem to be something he worries very much about when it comes to you.

thatwiz
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
If he's on his probation, his Po most likely knows. From the cases I have seen, they really don't care too much about that. I know someone who is approaching that amount-has been on parole a few years and his Po doesn't even bother him about working or paying the CS-and the Po knows about it. Putting him in jail will not get your child support paid. If nothing is in his name and he's not working a job that actually reports-no matter how good you say he's living, it could be attributed to who he's living with. If his assets and money is not traceable, you won't get anything and they will not even put him in jail if his paper trail says he is unable. Most people who go to jail on child support from what I have seen are actually people who are working and may never have been in jail before. People on parole seem to have a break-staying straight is what they are more worried about.

Klewis
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I can't stand little boys like this. Why cry to the children now about mommie trying to send him to jail. Why not man up and tell it like it is he did not give a darn to take care of his responsibilities so therefore mama has struggled, sacrificed and took care of the children without his help when he was able to help out somewhere. Little boys always want to take someone else down fighting their battle. My son's dad tried to drag him in court when my son went down to visit him. He wanted my son to bad mouth me. It did not happen and I told my son it was wrong for his sperm donor to do that to him. When we as women go and file child support we go because the deadbeat dad as left us no choice. Its very few that does it to be triflin but even if that is the case if the father was really taking care of his child he could take the proof down to the court and let the court see that the child's mother is just being ridiculous but that is usually not the case. We also go by ourselves we don't drag the children with us.

dessy5550
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
If he's on his probation, his Po most likely knows. From the cases I have seen, they really don't care too much about that. I know someone who is approaching that amount-has been on parole a few years and his Po doesn't even bother him about working or paying the CS-and the Po knows about it. Putting him in jail will not get your child support paid. If nothing is in his name and he's not working a job that actually reports-no matter how good you say he's living, it could be attributed to who he's living with. If his assets and money is not traceable, you won't get anything and they will not even put him in jail if his paper trail says he is unable. Most people who go to jail on child support from what I have seen are actually people who are working and may never have been in jail before. People on parole seem to have a break-staying straight is what they are more worried about.

Believe me the last thing I want is for him to be sent back to jail because he'll never pay anything. Up to this date I've been able to provide my daughters with all their need and beyond. Now I understand the only income & assets they go after are any that are under his name and any income and business related $ he's reported for the past two yrs. thats what is being requested of him to submit for review. That's just the thing he has his own business and makes a pretty good profit it's all in the books. That's one of the things be mentioned when was asking for me to help him out...he said "they are asking for all my statements and my tax returns, they are gonna get me & be on your side on e they see all that" oh well like I said I never call & ask him for anything he knew this was something pending and his time has come. BTW I had to speak to his PO which happens to be a female, due to charges I pressed on him for harassment & terrorists threats....she was very much disgusted about the whole police report on him n court since he did not let her know. Oh yeah then after she tells him to stay away from me he comes right up to me in the PO lobby questioning what papers am taking his PO cuz she had just told him she was sending him back to prison, n yes you guessed it she was pretty much pissed off that he approached me right after she had just told him to stay away.

dessy5550
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Update...we finally had our day in court 5/23, he showed up after coming by my house the day before asking for me to close case. When I said I wouldn't he said he wouldn't show, well he did late but did. The outcome judge reset court date to 6/21 to give him time to retain an attorney. Oh well I shall be there again on bright and early on the 21st.