View Full Version : Visitation - RMC Main Unit info needed

missZ
03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Could someoneplease help me....my man got sent to R.M.C main unit since he been away from duval county jail I havent heard from him...how does visit works???? How can I apply...what's da hours an days ..can he call my cell if so Wats the best company to use global tel is too expensive...how can I star moving faster from here outside to see him? Plz help..I'm on da west side 103 rd how far is da jail?? Is a way to find out if he got da money I sent thru Jpay? Oh my god dis crazy.....I am so worry an cant help it...plz help. God bless....Z

Oct2011
03-29-2012, 03:21 AM
A lot of those ?'s could be answered by calling the jail and asking. Sorry i wasn't much help. Hang in there. I know it's hard.

missZ
03-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Wat is da number an appreciated u reply me

NAN425
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
If he went to RMC from Duval County Jail that means he's in initial reception.

Before he can make phone calls he has to turn in a phone list and have it approved. It's not like the jail where he can call any number he wants. He cannot call cell phones. You have to have a landline phone that plugs into the wall and that is tied to a specific address (not something portable like Magic Jack.) Then you have to set up a prepaid account with Securus (http://www.securustech.net).

If he turns in his phone list the moment he arrives, he could be calling in as little as 10-14 days if it goes smoothly, but it could take longer. He only gets to turn in the list once, after that he has to wait for the months two times per year that he's allowed to make changes.

Look him up on the DOC website (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/) and find out his DOC number. That number is key to several things that you can do.

First you can write to him:

Last Name, First Name DOC NUMBER
Reception & Medical Center
P.O. Box 628
Lake Butler, Florida 32054-0628

Then you can check his account by phone to see if he got the money (assuming he hasn't already spent it) by calling 866.209.7250

Unfortunately you won't be able to visit him until he is at a permanent facility. Inmates aren't allowed visitors while they are in reception. Once he is at a permanent facility, you can send in your visitation application to that facility. The form is in a sticky post at the top of the visitation forum, or he can get one and send it to you from the camp.

Visitation is on Saturday and Sunday from 9-3pm in Eastern time zone and 8am-2pm for facilities in Central Time Zone.

I hope that helps!

missZ
03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
How I can speak to someone go give Me info bout him

NAN425
03-29-2012, 02:34 PM
How I can speak to someone go give Me info bout him

There really won't be anyone that can tell you anything about him, if you mean asking how he's doing, etc.

You could call RMC and ask to talk to his classification officer (they will help you figure out who it is) but they really won't be able to tell you anything except maybe whether he's turned in a phone list or not yet. They can't tell you when he might move to a permanent facility or where that will be for security reasons.

missZ
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Is so hardddd I thank all of u fo replyin it really helps goin thru all dis

NAN425
03-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Is so hardddd I thank all of u fo replyin it really helps goin thru all dis

You're welcome. Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt. ;)

missZ
03-29-2012, 09:22 PM
I jus calleddat number an da money still there since I sent on last Sunday...how dat happen? They don't let em knowthey have money??????I'm sooo worry I'm still havn't hear from him got a 2 line letter because he didn't have pen neitherpaper an dats all since he been moved from duval county to rmc main...I'm so worry dis killing me....said he was in da hole but not why....how can I star applyingto see him an calls?????

NAN425
03-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I jus calleddat number an da money still there since I sent on last Sunday...how dat happen? They don't let em knowthey have money??????I'm sooo worry I'm still havn't hear from him got a 2 line letter because he didn't have pen neitherpaper an dats all since he been moved from duval county to rmc main...I'm so worry dis killing me....said he was in da hole but not why....how can I star applyingto see him an calls?????

They do give inmates a paper slip that is handed out with mail that tells them when they get a deposit on their canteen account. If he's in the hole that is why he isn't spending the money. He's not allowed to have any property while he's in the hole.

You need to call his classification officer and ask why he's in the hole and find out what is going on.

You can't start applying to see him until he leaves RMC and arrives at his permanent camp. And he is the one that has to turn in his phone list that has to be approved before he can call you. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO BUT WAIT RIGHT NOW. I know it totally sucks but that's how it is. All you can do is write him letters like I said in the previous post and wait for him to answer. It's a helpless feeling, yes. Life with DOC isn't easy.

Oh, one thing you can do is send him an envelope that contains 10 sheets of notebook paper and 10 stamped envelopes. That will give him supplies to write letters.

missZ
03-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Oh so r.m.c main unit is not he jail? Is jus permanent? Why they don't have visits there? An do u have the number I can call? Thank u so much

NAN425
03-30-2012, 08:05 AM
No, he's not in county jail anymore. He's been transferred to the state department of corrections. He's in the custody of the state prison system now. RMC Main in Lake Butler is a state prison. It's one of the state prison reception centers for the state where they receive and process inmates who will be serving sentences in the custody of the state prison system. This means he's been sentenced and has been sent to state prison to serve his time.

Inmates are not allowed to have visitation just during the intake process to the state prison system at the reception center. They just aren't. It's prison - they don't exactly have to justify their rules. This reception process typically takes a few weeks to a couple months at most before they are sent to their permanent camps. I visited my husband about 4 weeks after he arrived at RMC. He'd already arrived at his permanent camp and I submitted my application and it was approved.

Be prepared for the fact that from RMC he could be sent anywhere in the entire state as his permanent home. DOC will make absolutely no effort to keep him close to home. A significant portion of inmates that go through RMC for reception seem to end up out west in the Florida panhandle. My husband did. It was a 7 hour drive from our home.

You can find RMC's phone number on it's page on the DOC web site (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region2/209.html).

missZ
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh Wat his sentence is 30 months an da lawyer Said sum bout baker...I live in duval on 103 rd is dat too far? So how did u finally got to see ya hubby..u waited for him to mail u da papers????....Wat phone u use? I mean can I use my cell

Purnurker Nur
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Could someoneplease help me....my man got sent to R.M.C main unit since he been away from duval county jail I havent heard from him...how does visit works???? How can I apply...what's da hours an days ..can he call my cell if so Wats the best company to use global tel is too expensive...how can I star moving faster from here outside to see him? Plz help..I'm on da west side 103 rd how far is da jail?? Is a way to find out if he got da money I sent thru Jpay? Oh my god dis crazy.....I am so worry an cant help it...plz help. God bless....Z

Wow. My man just went to RMC yesterday from Duval County jail and I live off Harlow. Sorry I can't answer questions, I'm here for answers.

missZ
03-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Gulls I feel u...is so stressful goin thru with no answers

NAN425
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
You cannot use your cell phone for calls from prison at this time although in the future that may be possible if the rules change. You have to have an old-fashioned "landline" - the kind that plugs into a jack in the wall. He will have to put that number on a phone list that he turns in and it will have to be approved by DOC before he can call you.

Ignore what the lawyer said about him getting sent to Baker. The lawyer has no idea or influence over where DOC will send him. That will be determined by what DOC decides is the best place for him to be. He could end up literally ANYWHERE in the whole state. The lawyer was just trying to make you feel better. My husband ended up 7 hours away from home despite having a seriously ill child with autism who really couldn't travel for visits. They don't care about placing inmates close to home. They just put them wherever they have space and the programs are that they think the inmate has to have.

There is a lot of information on the DOC website. There are Q&A's about basic things about mail and phones, and visitation, and maps that show where all the different facilities are. I suggest you sit down and spend some time just browsing that site. You can learn a lot of helpful things!

For visitation, the form that you need is posted in a sticky post at the top of this forum, or you can wait for him to send you the form when he gets to his permanent camp. Either way...you can't send the form in until he is at a permanent camp.

missZ
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Nann425 god bless u...dat was a lot of help o spoke to his officer an gave me sum info...So is visits there too ..so all I have now is jus to wait an today I finally got a letter I'm so happiiii ..now Wat phone carrier should I get when I get home phone?

missZ
03-30-2012, 10:34 PM
You cannot use your cell phone for calls from prison at this time although in the future that may be possible if the rules change. You have to have an old-fashioned "landline" - the kind that plugs into a jack in the wall. He will have to put that number on a phone list that he turns in and it will have to be approved by DOC before he can call you.

Ignore what the lawyer said about him getting sent to Baker. The lawyer has no idea or influence over where DOC will send him. That will be determined by what DOC decides is the best place for him to be. He could end up literally ANYWHERE in the whole state. The lawyer was just trying to make you feel better. My husband ended up 7 hours away from home despite having a seriously ill child with autism who really couldn't travel for visits. They don't care about placing inmates close to home. They just put them wherever they have space and the programs are that they think the inmate has to have.

There is a lot of information on the DOC website. There are Q&A's about basic things about mail and phones, and visitation, and maps that show where all the different facilities are. I suggest you sit down and spend some time just browsing that site. You can learn a lot of helpful things!

For visitation, the form that you need is posted in a sticky post at the top of this forum, or you can wait for him to send you the form when he gets to his permanent camp. Either way...you can't send the form in until he is at a permanent camp.

I'm sorry but way do u mean permanent camp ?? An I'm sorry about your child I can't believe never imagine it can b like that

ben's girl
03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
His permanent facility will be wear he moves to once he leaves the reception center, RMC. He might make a few stops along the way but will eventually end up somewhere (permanent) to serve his time.

While we say "permanent" you just need to remember that he can be moved at any time to anywhere for any number of reasons.

missZ
03-31-2012, 08:14 PM
His permanent facility will be wear he moves to once he leaves the reception center, RMC. He might make a few stops along the way but will eventually end up somewhere (permanent) to serve his time.

While we say "permanent" you just need to remember that he can be moved at any time to anywhere for any number of reasons.

So can I still try to visit him on r.m.c ?

ben's girl
03-31-2012, 09:19 PM
No, inmates cannot receive visits while in reception. Once he moves you can send in your visitation form.

missZ
03-31-2012, 10:10 PM
No, inmates cannot receive visits while in reception. Once he moves you can send in your visitation form.

And how long it takes to move him

missZ
03-31-2012, 10:11 PM

Wat bout calls?? Can he call

ben's girl
03-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Once his visitation list is approved for any landlines he has submitted he will be able to call. The list is a 1 time shot though. If he doesn't turn one in or leaves someone off, he'll have to wait until his update month to add to it. The update months go by the last number of his DC number and are 6 months apart.

It varies on how long it takes to be moved and then it varies as to how long it will take your application to be approved. Every facility is different.

missZ
04-01-2012, 09:37 AM
So I have to get a home phone ASAP since cells doesn'twork an let him now the number????

NAN425
04-01-2012, 02:32 PM
So I have to get a home phone ASAP since cells doesn'twork an let him now the number????

YES. You need a home number, not a cell. you can mail him a letter with the new number in it once you get the number.

missZ
04-02-2012, 09:22 AM
My man have been xfer today from rmc main unit to west unit....can I have visits now???? Will b this is permanent camp as some of u told me? Pls answers....

missZ
04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Also I wanna know if his mail will be deliver there...I jus sent dis mornin pictures to da main unit...is the west unit far? Will they send me da mail bacc??? Does anyone knows how far is from 103 rd on da westside in jacksonville rmc west unit ??? Oh my god why am I excited? Lmao maybe bc finally ill b able to see him?

NAN425
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM
No, it is highly unlikely that RMC-West is his permanent camp. That is just the transit annex attached to RMC. He's almost definitely just been moved there as the first step of moving him elsewhere from the RMC complex.

It's going to be awhile before you can visit. Probably it will be weeks while he arrives at a permanent camp, and then you will have to wait while your application is in the mail and is reviewed. Patience, honey. :)

First class mail that you send him will get forwarded but it could take a week or two to catch up to him.

missZ
04-02-2012, 11:04 PM

He been moved today from main unit to rcm West unit...is dat his permanent camp? I'll b able to see him there??? pls answers

missZ
04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
No, it is highly unlikely that RMC-West is his permanent camp. That is just the transit annex attached to RMC. He's almost definitely just been moved there as the first step of moving him elsewhere from the RMC complex.

It's going to be awhile before you can visit. Probably it will be weeks while he arrives at a permanent camp, and then you will have to wait while your application is in the mail and is reviewed. Patience, honey. :)

First class mail that you send him will get forwarded but it could take a week or two to catch up to him.
So no visits there neither? Da fucc..I'm sorry but god why not? I read deeps in dis website sayin they had visits ... Noe why mail will take one or two weeks? How far is main from west.....man I'm so mad/sad.rite noe ...dis system is so hardddd

NAN425
04-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Inmates at RMC West can have visitation IF they aren't still in the reception process. There are people who are at that unit for other other reasons, such as temporary medical treatment. Until your loved one arrives at whatever his permanent camp is, wherever that is, he is considered to still be in the reception process. Inmates in the reception process aren't allowed visitors.

You can start sending him mail at the new address of the new facility every time he moves and that will get to him in a few days. It's just the stuff that he missed that was sent to the old place he was that will take a week or two to catch up to him.

His mail from RMC will probably catch him at RMC West very fast since they are right next door to each other. But once he moves on from west, depending on how far he goes from there, it could take awhile for any mail to catch up to him that he missed.

There are a lot of things that don't make sense about this system to us as families. There's even more things about this system that we don't like. But we just have to deal with it because we can't change it.

missZ
04-03-2012, 09:50 AM
What da addy to send him letters? Da unit west? Thank u all of u so much for all da info .....

NAN425
04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
You can always find the address for a DOC facility by looking it up on the DOC website's facility page.

Here's RMC-West's facility page (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region2/208.html).

Here's the main index page to the facilities listings (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/index.html). Click on the maps on the left side to get the lists of facilities in the North and South regions and then click on the name of the facility that you want.

You can also find information about each facility by looking at the sticky post for it in the facilities forum here. The top post in the thread usually has the address of the facility in it.

missZ
04-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Wow is da same as main unit??? LOL dis crazy....

NAN425
04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
They use a PO Box that they share to get the mail delivered to the two facilities. I don't know of any other complex that does that. Some of the other Annexes like RMC-West have the same street address as their main facility. You are supposed to put the facility name as part of the address though, so they know which facility the letter is for.

TZT4$ure4Life
04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Just wanted to add this if for some reason an inmate that is going into the DOC system.. Is at RMC because of Medical reasons.. such as heart attacks, kidney failure etc etc.. they can apply for their visits while they are there. However like Nan and Ben's girl stated.. If he is just passing through RMC which is like a processing center for FLDOC.. then you will have to wait.. your in the right place ..lots of help here.. great people too that understand!!! Great Job Nan for all the info!!!

TZT4$ure4Life
04-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow is da same as main unit??? LOL dis crazy....
just address it as Nan told you .. they have the same address but you address it like this when he is there

His Name and DC #
RMC-West or RMC- Main ( which ever he is at)
PO BOX etc...

My husband is there now recovering from a heart attack.. Classications is really nice and helpful...
Good Luck... if you need anything just ask.. I am sure someone can help you here...

missZ
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
just address it as Nan told you .. they have the same address but you address it like this when he is there

His Name and DC #
RMC-West or RMC- Main ( which ever he is at)
PO BOX etc...

My husband is there now recovering from a heart attack.. Classications is really nice and helpful...
Good Luck... if you need anything just ask.. I am sure someone can help you here...

I'm sorry to heard bout ya hubby an I thank u all fo all da support an answers I know I hate da fact dat he is in jail for 36 months but as always I look for da positive thangs on everything in dis life an due day I found such a great people like u all thru dis website .... Maybe u guys won't believe it but I checc dis site alll day long LOL keeps me closer to him..LOL is crazy uh ...maybe I'm jus da one feeling like dat...yep ill do Wat nanny stayed before an again thanks yall oh by da way he been moved there from main unit yesterday an from most of my answers to mah questions in Herr seem he is there only for the process u noe ...I cannot wait to see him....does anyone knows about. Cheap phone company to get a laneline?????;

TZT4$ure4Life
04-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry to heard bout ya hubby an I thank u all fo all da support an answers I know I hate da fact dat he is in jail for 36 months but as always I look for da positive thangs on everything in dis life an due day I found such a great people like u all thru dis website .... Maybe u guys won't believe it but I checc dis site alll day long LOL keeps me closer to him..LOL is crazy uh ...maybe I'm jus da one feeling like dat...yep ill do Wat nanny stayed before an again thanks yall oh by da way he been moved there from main unit yesterday an from most of my answers to mah questions in Herr seem he is there only for the process u noe ...I cannot wait to see him....does anyone knows about. Cheap phone company to get a laneline?????;

Where do you live? And you also can call classications at the west unit and ask them if this is his perm.. We have many friends that are there for their perm camps.. They also have a work camp there that they house inmates at.. one thing I can tell you is this... Do not be afraid to ask questions to the prison where he is at..
Call be nice and explain to them who you are.. girlfriend, soon to be wife , sister what ever.. YOU are allowed to asked if the West Unit will be his perm camp or if he is just there waiting..
If you will let me know where you live I will be glad to look up the local phone companies for you in your area if you dont have a way to do that..
As far as PTO you are in good hands and among those who understand. And yes I understand what you mean about it makes you feel close to him..
I have been doing this for 13 yrs and I have another 9 to go and sometimes I still have to ask questions... living this life is not easy but PTO helps...

Blessings
Tina

missZ
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Oh mah god I've been waiting on u guys reply...LOL I live in duval jacksonville...I've called Comcast an ATT but..they trippin.....I swear about call-in...yep I called since nana gave me gud info da other day an finAlly spoke to his classification officer but oh mah god..he is like goin Round an around..told me true he been moved to west but said nothin about permnt...said he is not allow to tell me ..butttttt he said clear NO VISITS ....assked him why an no answer.....an pretty much dat was all da convo...hated it ...oh he also told me bout he can call me but damnnnn where3 no laneline yet just cell :(

missZ
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh mahhhh gud lord..13 years ???? Wowww I'm speechless....I don't know u but Gotdamn I'm already proud of u chicc...u go gurl....

NAN425
04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Oh mah god I've been waiting on u guys reply...LOL I live in duval jacksonville...I've called Comcast an ATT but..they trippin.....I swear about call-in...yep I called since nana gave me gud info da other day an finAlly spoke to his classification officer but oh mah god..he is like goin Round an around..told me true he been moved to west but said nothin about permnt...said he is not allow to tell me ..butttttt he said clear NO VISITS ....assked him why an no answer.....an pretty much dat was all da convo...hated it ...oh he also told me bout he can call me but damnnnn where3 no laneline yet just cell :(

If the classification officer said that they can't tell you whether he's moving it means he's not going to be staying at RMC-West. They would be allowed to tell you if he was staying. The fact that he also said very definitely NO VISITS also confirms that they are planning to move him somewhere else. It means that he is still considered in reception and is not at his permanent camp yet.

floridagirlll
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
My man was sent to RMC in January from Duval. It only took him a week or so until he was transferred across the street to RMC work camp. Visits were approved after a little over a month. Phone calls took a little longer. He has to call a land line, no exceptions. Just write him. My loved one was able to write immediately. But his first letter didn't come for almost two weeks past the date of his letter. Also the mail from Jacksonville to Lake Butler only takes two days. They won't send out or receive your letters on the weekend. Not everyone is as lucky. I'm pretty sure he ended up @ the work camp because of his medical problems. I have two friends with boyfriends in prison. One was sent 6 hours away to Century & the other was sent to Baker. I was told that they send them across state because it's good for the economy..buying gas, hotel rooms, food, etc. But who knows if that's true. Hope this helped!

missZ
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
So ya man went from rmc to across da street? How long is his sentence if u don't mind me ask u...and shoot ill take baker any day any time...oops by da way..wat phone company u have ? I'm searching for dat since in not like county u noe :(

floridagirlll
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
5 years. Securus Correctional Billing. Calls are $1.75/15 minutes

ben's girl
04-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Securus is the phone provider that DOC uses. Who is your landline with?

missZ
04-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Securus is the phone provider that DOC uses. Who is your landline with?

I don't have laneline dats Wat I'm looking fo ,

ben's girl
04-04-2012, 07:48 AM
I was referring to the post by floridgirlll.

missZ
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Oops sorry maam

floridagirlll
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
At&t.

TZT4$ure4Life
04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
My man was sent to RMC in January from Duval. It only took him a week or so until he was transferred across the street to RMC work camp. Visits were approved after a little over a month. Phone calls took a little longer. He has to call a land line, no exceptions. Just write him. My loved one was able to write immediately. But his first letter didn't come for almost two weeks past the date of his letter. Also the mail from Jacksonville to Lake Butler only takes two days. They won't send out or receive your letters on the weekend. Not everyone is as lucky. I'm pretty sure he ended up @ the work camp because of his medical problems. I have two friends with boyfriends in prison. One was sent 6 hours away to Century & the other was sent to Baker. I was told that they send them across state because it's good for the economy..buying gas, hotel rooms, food, etc. But who knows if that's true. Hope this helped!

Not sure that is exactly true about the economy.. the sad fact is that most of the prisons are in north florida as they are closing around 6 or 7 down here. Land is cheap in North Fl and that is where they build the prisons..All most all inmates coming out of Central FL and the nearby areas are getting sent up north... I was told this by Classications in Tally..
Blessings
Tina