View Full Version : What is a Kite?

regina4887
03-13-2012, 12:19 AM
What the hell is a kite? He keeps saying he needs to send one to someone?!

Patty
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
It's a letter/message, etc.

bipolarangel
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
that is a note passed between inmates.

regina4887
03-13-2012, 12:23 AM
So how do they send it? He explained it and I was so lost lol

regina4887
03-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Ahhh I see. Thanks girls

fbopnomore
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
A kite can also be a request sent to the prison staff, which can easily be lost (ignored), so he will just have to keep sending them until one is "found".

stacienoelle
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
they usually put a note on a string and throw it down from cell to cell or across. and the other person "fishes" for it by using string and a piece of card board and they grab it with the card board and bring it into their cell.

DRUID1208
03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
ok let me try to put it in a way you be abel to get it lets say thares a nuther inmate on the tear thats bothering me or is buging me or that i know did something rong and i want to tell the gards about that inmate without anyone knowing or other inmates knowing it so i not seen as a snich you put on paper so and so is doing what ever like i may say ex. dan got drugs in his cell but i not going to sine my name then i take that note and put it in a box or hand it to a co thats called a kite the note so if you drop a kite your telling the co something but without leting the others or the co know it was you telling on them hope that helps

nakeisha99
03-13-2012, 01:14 PM
A letter lol. I didn't know what that was either. My man always use that term.

missingdee
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
When my girl was in County she'd talk about "sending a kite" and it was basically a message between inmates who were on different modules, they'd send the message through trustees or hand them off in common areas when able and through a series of passes they'd get to the appropriate person.

Ms Catt
03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Lmao it's slang word for meaning I'm gone send you a letter but they say I'm gone shoot you a Kite out to you my man says it at the end of his letters it's SLANG ladies

regina4887
03-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Lok when I picture it though it's nothing like that. I like envisioned a long chain of letters lmfao

hisbabygurl2014
03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
when my man first told me he was sending a kite, i was like why are u sending a kite-but your in side, so how does that work? then he had to explain it to me..yeah i felt like a dumpy and we started laughing soooo hard!

montysmom
03-15-2012, 12:26 AM
Here is some helpful info http://www.writeaprisoner.com/vbforum/f11/texas-prison-slang-46058.html :thumbsup:

regina4887
03-15-2012, 12:52 AM
That really helped!! It's nice to know what he talks about lol

Raven8
03-22-2012, 11:14 AM

A kite is a letter to another in-mate

imnluv
03-28-2012, 09:07 AM
A kite is a form they have there to request appointments or ask questions to their counselors, the warden, teachers, mailroom, chaplains, medical dept., etc. They fill out the kite & that person responds back to them on the same form. They are not letters written to other inmates. They use just plain paper for that.

EnjoyLife
04-03-2012, 01:15 AM
A kite is a form they have there to request appointments or ask questions to their counselors, the warden, teachers, mailroom, chaplains, medical dept., etc. They fill out the kite & that person responds back to them on the same form. They are not letters written to other inmates. They use just plain paper for that.

The term is for inmate to inmate communications AND requests to various correctional facility staff.

Inmate to inmate correspondence on "just plain paper" will get you into trouble in MOST prisons due to the fact that MOST inmate to inmate correspondence has to do with something against the correctional facility's policy (i.e hits, drugs, messages to the outside when one is on phone/visit restriction)
Therefore, it is easier to send a kite. MOST inmate to inmate kites are flown through the air tier to tier or cell to cell, with the flying motion resembling that of a kite.
While both can result in a write up, its more likely that guards will see notes being passed in yard, rec, chow and/or passing than they will in kite form as inmates know the usual times that guards pass.

Kites are sometimes also sent through outside sources, for example, an inmate mailing a letter with his wife's letter that she then sends to another facility to his friend. This also is against MOST prison's rules and can result in the outside person being placed on the negative correspondence list.

Hope this helps.

imnluv
04-03-2012, 07:41 AM
The term is for inmate to inmate communications AND requests to various correctional facility staff.

Inmate to inmate correspondence on "just plain paper" will get you into trouble in MOST prisons due to the fact that MOST inmate to inmate correspondence has to do with something against the correctional facility's policy (i.e hits, drugs, messages to the outside when one is on phone/visit restriction)
Therefore, it is easier to send a kite. MOST inmate to inmate kites are flown through the air tier to tier or cell to cell, with the flying motion resembling that of a kite.
While both can result in a write up, its more likely that guards will see notes being passed in yard, rec, chow and/or passing than they will in kite form as inmates know the usual times that guards pass.

Kites are sometimes also sent through outside sources, for example, an inmate mailing a letter with his wife's letter that she then sends to another facility to his friend. This also is against MOST prison's rules and can result in the outside person being placed on the negative correspondence list.

Hope this helps.

Hello! Well it must vary from institution to institution bcuz I work @ a prison & where I work its nuthn like that. So I guess it all depends on the prison.

MartinezWifey
04-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Well in my experience its any type of communication (well written, typed, or texted) to anyone, not just an inmate. He will say shoot a kite to my mom about... Or ill shoot a kite to you with that info... I got a kite from my primo... Things like that.

regina4887
04-03-2012, 11:27 PM
He's always saying stuff and im like wait let me write that down so I can google it later lol

EnjoyLife
04-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello! Well it must vary from institution to institution bcuz I work @ a prison & where I work its nuthn like that. So I guess it all depends on the prison.

Trust and believe, they're sendin kites to eachother lol
Whether it be a simple commisary list for a friend or favor returned (unless inmates are allowed to transfer funds to another)
Or something else, they get sent. Unless you're at a prison where inmates can freely roam to other cells and tiers and conversate with others as they please. Then there's no need for kites lol

imnluv
04-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Trust and believe, they're sendin kites to eachother lol
Whether it be a simple commisary list for a friend or favor returned (unless inmates are allowed to transfer funds to another)
Or something else, they get sent. Unless you're at a prison where inmates can freely roam to other cells and tiers and conversate with others as they please. Then there's no need for kites lol

Yes it is like that where i work. They r allowed to go to other cells etc if they r n the same bldg. So i guess its diff frm where i work. & ive been there for some yrs myself. Thanx tho.