View Full Version : Does anyone know what "R/A SAP" means?

Waitn4Pnut
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
My man had his probation revoked in December. They didn't give him any sentence on how much time he would have to serve. A couple of days ago, he got a time sheet from ADOC and it says "R/A SAP" on it. Does anyone have a clue what this means? Some people have said they may bring him back to county after he completes sap and take him back before the judge to see if he will re-instate him. Have any of you heard of this before?

Jason'sMama
03-04-2012, 01:35 AM
I have heard of inmates getting reinstated after finishing the Sap program . I don't know what the RA means . My son had to complete the Sap program to be released . Other inmates in the class with him had to be taken back to the county jail and wait to see the judge . I would think thats since they did not put how much time he has to serve that they be going to give him a second chance after he completes Sap .I wish I could tell you more . Maybe he will be home soon ! Good Luck ..

Waitn4Pnut
03-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks! That's what we were told by some other people that the RA meant return after sap. We are hoping that's what it meant but scared to get our hopes up too! When he went to court in December, the judge said he was suspending his probation he didn't actually use the words revoked. It would be so nice if they reinstate him after sap but he better get his act together lol.

Waitn4Pnut
03-04-2012, 01:55 AM
By the way, others have said it could be release after sap too.

vanhelton
03-04-2012, 10:33 PM
My husband said it means reinstated after S.A.P.!!!! Good news!!!!

Waitn4Pnut
03-05-2012, 12:54 AM
My husband said it means reinstated after S.A.P.!!!! Good news!!!!
I sure hope so!!!! Thank you!! We have been trying to expect the worst hope for the best! But that would by far be better than the best we were expecting! I will gladly make that 5 1/2 hour drive to Ventress to pick him up :)!!!

Jason'sMama
03-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Tell him to walk the line during the Sap class . My son said the inmates in there tell on each other . I think he called them dorm leaders . He took his at Elmore .. Tell him to mail you his certificate when he gets it . I say that because my sons was lost . When I called central records to see why he was not getting released they said he had to complete the Sap class . I had to Fax a copy of his Certificate to them to get the ball rolling to get him home ... It still took 5 weeks after he finished Sap ...

alwayslovehim06
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
My man had his probation revoked in December. They didn't give him any sentence on how much time he would have to serve. A couple of days ago, he got a time sheet from ADOC and it says "R/A SAP" on it. Does anyone have a clue what this means? Some people have said they may bring him back to county after he completes sap and take him back before the judge to see if he will re-instate him. Have any of you heard of this before?

I believe you are right! my husband had his probation revoked in december as well. He has been in county since Jan 31st recently got the same paper. I was told by his lawyer that means he will be sent to kilby takes 3 weeks to process then he has to go through an 8 week program from my understanding its alot of hardwork, you then get a certificate and be brought back up here before the judge and then he may or maynot parole him. Is this what you have heard?I am new to this but thats what i've heard.

Waitn4Pnut
03-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I believe you are right! my husband had his probation revoked in december as well. He has been in county since Jan 31st recently got the same paper. I was told by his lawyer that means he will be sent to kilby takes 3 weeks to process then he has to go through an 8 week program from my understanding its alot of hardwork, you then get a certificate and be brought back up here before the judge and then he may or maynot parole him. Is this what you have heard?I am new to this but thats what i've heard.

Yes, that is what I have heard but I have also heard that it means released after sap. My man didn't actually catch a new charge before he was "suspended/revoked" . He was charged with assault 3rd degree, and had a probation hold on him. Before it went to court the other party dropped charges but because he was being held he had to go before the judge for a probation hearing. So, I'm hoping that means released after sap.

Waitn4Pnut
03-06-2012, 12:22 AM

By the way, my man was at Kilby for about a month and is now at Ventress. He has been there about a week.

Waitn4Pnut
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Tell him to walk the line during the Sap class . My son said the inmates in there tell on each other . I think he called them dorm leaders . He took his at Elmore .. Tell him to mail you his certificate when he gets it . I say that because my sons was lost . When I called central records to see why he was not getting released they said he had to complete the Sap class . I had to Fax a copy of his Certificate to them to get the ball rolling to get him home ... It still took 5 weeks after he finished Sap ...

Thanks for the info! He mails me everything he receives from doc so I will make sure he mails me the certificate! I will definitely let him know to walk a fine line in the sap program! Do you happen to know about how long it is usually before they are accepted into sap? The counselor at Ventress said he should be in the next one but you know how that goes!

alwayslovehim06
03-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info! He mails me everything he receives from doc so I will make sure he mails me the certificate! I will definitely let him know to walk a fine line in the sap program! Do you happen to know about how long it is usually before they are accepted into sap? The counselor at Ventress said he should be in the next one but you know how that goes!

good question!!! bc i'm sure mine will be waiting as well. :(

Waitn4Pnut
03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Just an update...I emailed Brian Corbett to see if he could tell me what exactly that R/A SAP meant, and he said to disreguard the RA part that it was "simply referring to a case number that they did not have". I don't really understand how they have sent him to prison if they don't have a case number but I guess they do it however they want! Oh well, I guess I had my hopes up for nothing! Hopefully we will get some answers soon! It sucks him being in prison but it really sucks not knowing how long he will be there!

vanhelton
03-09-2012, 08:57 PM
My husband waited about a month for SAP and it lasted 8 weeks and 3 weeks later he was transfered to Cattle Ranch and now (3 months later) he is home because he made parole.

vanhelton
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Just an update...I emailed Brian Corbett to see if he could tell me what exactly that R/A SAP meant, and he said to disreguard the RA part that it was "simply referring to a case number that they did not have". I don't really understand how they have sent him to prison if they don't have a case number but I guess they do it however they want! Oh well, I guess I had my hopes up for nothing! Hopefully we will get some answers soon! It sucks him being in prison but it really sucks not knowing how long he will be there!
If I was you I would email the parole board and see what they say. Who is Brian Corbett?

Waitn4Pnut
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
If I was you I would email the parole board and see what they say. Who is Brian Corbett?

I'm not sure what his title is, but this is who I was told to contact for any information. Do you happen to know the email address for the parole board?

Waitn4Pnut
03-09-2012, 09:38 PM
My husband waited about a month for SAP and it lasted 8 weeks and 3 weeks later he was transfered to Cattle Ranch and now (3 months later) he is home because he made parole.

They told him at the prison he could possibly be in the next sap program, if not the he would definitely be in the next. We knew it lasted 8 weeks but we thought the RA/SAP would be either reconsider or release after sap....according to this guy with DOC it was referring to a case number they don't have? Some of the CO's and other inmates have said that it meant reinstated after sap but I'm not so sure now.

vanhelton
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
The email address for the parole board is questions4pardonsandparoles@alabpp.gov That is always who I emailed with questions and I always got a quick reply. I still think that r\a sap means reinstated after SAP. Good luck with everything.

Waitn4Pnut
03-10-2012, 09:18 PM
The email address for the parole board is questions4pardonsandparoles@alabpp.gov That is always who I emailed with questions and I always got a quick reply. I still think that r\a sap means reinstated after SAP. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for the email address. I sure hope your right!! I miss him so much and its hard, but not having any kind of idea on when he may possibly come home is killer! He didn't have any new charges when he got the PV so hopefully that will help some. They revoked him on an old charge from years ago that he had plead guilty too. It would sure be nice to have him home within the next 6 months give or take!!

alwayslovehim06
03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree, I was told thats what it means as well. Is reinstated after SAP. I sure do hope so as well! Good luck to all of us and God Bless!

Waitn4Pnut
03-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I agree, I was told thats what it means as well. Is reinstated after SAP. I sure do hope so as well! Good luck to all of us and God Bless!
Thanks! I hope so too! Good luck to you as well!!!

Waitn4Pnut
03-16-2012, 09:16 PM
UPDATE: Well, I just got off the phone with him, he got moved to the SAP program a couple of days ago. Which is good, but today he gets a letter that says he comes up for parole in December 2013...So, I'm guessing he will be there until at least then. I'm really disliking DOC right about now!

<a href="%3Ca%20href=" http:="" www.ezticker.com="" "=""> <a href="http://www.ezticker.com/"> http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1385/2192/20131204/Parole+Hearing/ticker.png

vanhelton
03-17-2012, 09:15 AM
My husband was granted parole in February 2012 and his original parole date was for October 2013. I emailed the parole board and told them he was in sap and asked them if their was any chance of an earlier hearing upon completion of sap and after he graduated, I emailed them his certificate. When I wrote them I told them that he had a good home plan, job plan, and a great support system. I would at least try and see what they say. The outcome couldn't be any worse than what it already is and you never know, it may help.

Waitn4Pnut
03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
My husband was granted parole in February 2012 and his original parole date was for October 2013. I emailed the parole board and told them he was in sap and asked them if their was any chance of an earlier hearing upon completion of sap and after he graduated, I emailed them his certificate. When I wrote them I told them that he had a good home plan, job plan, and a great support system. I would at least try and see what they say. The outcome couldn't be any worse than what it already is and you never know, it may help.

Thanks for the help! I will definitely give it a try! I know he knew that you have to walk a fine line when your on probation, and could see him having to do years if he had got another charge, but the charge they originally arrested him on was threw out. So, they pulled an old charge from years ago to revoke him on. We have a 2 year old daughter together, who won't remember him except visits if he has to do a long bid. Ventress is about 5 hours away, so visits will be few and far between!