View Full Version : Dad moved to Ga diagnostic and classification & I haven't heard from him!

daddylilgirl144
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
My father recently shipped to Ga diagnostic and classification prison (gdcp). This place is definitely bad news. He was able to contact me with a letter shortly after he arrived and even attempted to call but I hadn't set up a phone account. Since then I have lost all contact with him. I am sending things out daily through the mail and have set up the phone account but I am not hearing anything! He has really bad health issues and the letter he did send has me extremely concerned. Anyone have int information on this prison or why he has stopped contacting me? It is completely out of his nature.

Fretful53
02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
There may be several reasons as to why you haven't heard from him. Lack of stamps,paper, pencils, etc. While they're going thru diagnostic, they're not allowed phone calls, although if he's in a dorm, there are blue phones on the wall and , if allowed by the guard, he can call. Hopefully he won't be there long. My son was there from Feb 2010 until March 2010. He has heart disease and was having chest pain. They didn't hesitate to send him to Spalding County hospital for admission. Of course, I didn't know he was there until he could write again and let me know.

Hang in there....don't give up. We are all they have on the outside to fight for them.

God bless.....

daddylilgirl144
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
He tried to call once but my phone was not set up for the call at the time. He was saving his stamps for when he shipped. The only letter I received was telling me how bad a shape he was in. would I have been notified if something happened?