View Full Version : Getting your man's name....bad luck?

Princess1029
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Okay so I posted I was thinking about getting my husbands initals on my wrist in a little heart...I had 5 people tell me its BAD LUCK....I talked to the tattoo guy he said the SAME thing! Plus $70 and it was going to be like the size of a quarter..makes me upset I can't just go to where I always went..they woulda charged much less GRR!
Anyways..

Anyone else ever hear getting your mans name/or him getting your name is bad luck??

lil peep
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep!:) Everyone says it's bad luck. But if you feel like tattoos are simply part of your journey, then his initials (if you do break up) will be part of that picture. My ex's initials are tattooed on me. I plan on having them covered up and changed into something else eventually. But I know doing that had anything to do with us breaking up. Relationships work if you put in the effort. Some just aren't meant to be. So if you want the initials, I say do it:)

missjax
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
My mans a tattoo artist.#1 letters are not a tattoo artist's favorite thing to do im sure thats y price is high my man does that too. #2 yes is bad luck in fact my man tries to talk ppl out of it n has done alot of name cover ups. My man has a wedding ring (huge) with the words "my promise" for me but he and many ppl believe my self included you get the name your relationship is cursed. Im sure someone out there with a name tattoo has made their relationship last but no many people. My advice dont get it get something that reminds you of him.

mrs.beautifly1
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
yes me too iv heard too many times. but i got my husbands name on me and we are still together,and he also has mine 3times as well . there is no such thing as good luck or bad luck.. u gotta know in ur heart if hes the one ..

Princess1029
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
It was just two small letters inside a small heart.. I was like what $70 AH! Lol.. Anyways, I know our relationship is great, he wants my name on him as well..Sometimes I think it's something we should do together though...like once he gets out and we get through all this.. I am not saying we won't I know in my heart we will.We've been together for 9 years.. & actually are better then we have been in a longggg time..even with the distance.. but I had mentioned doing it together when he gets out, but he is all blah balh whatever he said.. I dunno..I want it...I'm kinda scared too though haha.. I want it small on the inside of my wrist..he thinks I should get it like at my panty line so it'd ALWAYS be covered..soo who knows.

decoprincess
02-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Very superstitious, writing's on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall,
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past.

oo When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way
~Stevie Wonder~

endures
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I heard that before but I had my husband name tattoo on my back in 2002 and we are still together and stronger.

guidrella
02-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Very superstitious, writing's on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall,
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past.

oo When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way
~Stevie Wonder~

I love it! Lol

Princess1029
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I will probably end up doing it, just not yet.. I kind of would like for him and I to go together and do it..Who knows!

RLvsC
02-24-2012, 10:22 PM
I don't think its bad luck in my opinion.I got my sons dads name within one year and a half of dating.In a couple days it will be 5yrs we been together and now engaged.We have had our ups and Downs but our love is still strong.Friends also told me it was bad luck, but I still got it done.

Bigbirdsgirl83
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't put any stock in superstition.... I've broken plenty of mirrors and many of blk cats have crossed my path my choice in tattoos has nothing to do with what happens in my relationships ... I do have my mans name tatted on me but even if we break up I doubt ill cover it to me tattoos are road maps of my life and feelings... I did cover my exs name but that's bc he cheated on me and broke my heart in the process. The love I have for my baby wont change no matter the outcome.

mrsindecisions
02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I have always heard that it's bad luck, also if you get your children's names/initials... I mean if you REALLY want it I say go for it, but personally I would rather just get something that reminds me of him, something meaningful... and he could do the same. Either way, it's really all up to you! :)

Princess1029
02-25-2012, 05:38 AM
I have always heard that it's bad luck, also if you get your children's names/initials... I mean if you REALLY want it I say go for it, but personally I would rather just get something that reminds me of him, something meaningful... and he could do the same. Either way, it's really all up to you! :)

The tattoo guy made that suggestion . & a lady in there mentioned his zodiac sign. I thought that might be kinda cool.. :-/

mrsindecisions
02-25-2012, 07:12 AM
The tattoo guy made that suggestion . & a lady in there mentioned his zodiac sign. I thought that might be kinda cool.. :-/

Oh I hadn't thought of that! That's is a cool idea! :-)

Sent via Android ♡999 days // 11.20.2014♡

babygirl0810
02-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I wanted my mans name but keep thinking about the superstition. So we are going to get matching tats. We are going to get the key to each others heart

MickeyBug
02-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Pffft.. I don't believe in bad luck anymore!

I have my husbands name on my ring-finger.
His name on my ankle.
His nickname that I have for him on my wrist.
Initials on my hip (secret initials between us ;) )
And looking at getting all his initials on my ribs.

Talk about being branded! Lol

But no bad luck here!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

Bigbirdsgirl83
02-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I wanted my mans name but keep thinking about the superstition. So we are going to get matching tats. We are going to get the key to each others heart

I have his name in a banner attached to a heart shaped padlock on my inner forearm

mrsmay29
02-25-2012, 08:14 AM
I have my bf last name tatted on my wrist. I was kinda scared to do it at first but then figured what the hell. My b.f soon to be husband was /is my first love so i am okay with wit it. Even if things dont work.out he made a very big impact in my life so ill love him forever just because of that. I wont ever cover it up. Now he wants me to get his first name lol i told him once we are married ill do it. Life is about chances if u want to do it and u dont think there will ever come a time where u will regret it go for it!

crystal111
02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I had a friend that took her zodiac sign and her fathers also and combined them together. I think this is a great alternative to a name. Here's the picture.

lovemipapi
02-25-2012, 09:11 AM
I heard it also and yet I jus dunno... I mean if ya rlly wanna go w/the bad luck thing, I was born on the 13th of my birth month... I live by the number 13 lol - so i guess it's who's lookin at it. Some ppl say no names cuz of the break up's well the way i see it, if were gonna break up it's not going to be cuz of a tat. Maybe i'm wrong but who know's? I know that I never wanted anyone's name on me b4 and with good reasons. My guy now i do want it! and most likely will get it eventually!

There's a song by drake - free spirit! listen to it! We had talked bout it that after he get's moved up here, and then one day i kept thinking i want it before he moves cuz we might be waiting a while yet...and i kept thinking i want something of him NOW w/me HERE like in spirit - (I hadn't heard the song till recently) however I do now know what song he kept singing recently ovr the fon before i thot of getting it sooner haha - was he tryin to send me a sublimital message? maybe! I do remember sayin what ya singing and him sayin nothing lol but that's what he was singing the part bout tat my name on ya! (I wont say the rest of it you'll have to listen lol)

adamnmaggie
02-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I heard it also and yet I jus dunno... I mean if ya rlly wanna go w/the bad luck thing, I was born on the 13th of my birth month... I live by the number 13 lol - so i guess it's who's lookin at it. Some ppl say no names cuz of the break up's well the way i see it, if were gonna break up it's not going to be cuz of a tat. Maybe i'm wrong but who know's? I know that I never wanted anyone's name on me b4 and with good reasons. My guy now i do want it! and most likely will get it eventually!

There's a song by drake - free spirit! listen to it! We had talked bout it that after he get's moved up here, and then one day i kept thinking i want it before he moves cuz we might be waiting a while yet...and i kept thinking i want something of him NOW w/me HERE like in spirit - (I hadn't heard the song till recently) however I do now know what song he kept singing recently ovr the fon before i thot of getting it sooner haha - was he tryin to send me a sublimital message? maybe! I do remember sayin what ya singing and him sayin nothing lol but that's what he was singing the part bout tat my name on ya! (I wont say the rest of it you'll have to listen lol)

You definitely have to listen to that song. It's awesome :) I just recently got my fiancees initials and knew about the bad luck thing too. But I'm not going to let that put fear in my mind. Our love is strong and if something breaks it trust me it won't be a tattoo!

Sent from my Zio using PrisonTalk

Princess1029
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM

I remember saying I'd nvr tattoo his name on me.. he was my first & well only real boyfriend & now husband..I think its something I want..my friend thinks I've lost my damn mind..actually told me I'm a moron..:-/.. the zodiac may be cute I thought maybe get it colored blue since its his fave color :-/ ah I dunno. I just want it small & on my wrist that's all I kno lol.

Did you end up getting the tattoo yet?

Princess1029
02-25-2012, 10:22 AM
You definitely have to listen to that song. It's awesome :) I just recently got my fiancees initials and knew about the bad luck thing too. But I'm not going to let that put fear in my mind. Our love is strong and if something breaks it trust me it won't be a tattoo!

Sent from my Zio using PrisonTalk

Kind of how I feel..I think we have an amazing relationship especially considering circumstances. I don't see a tattoo ruining it.. its two small letters I decided on getting first & last initial ...I thought about getting cute curly letters to the side of the inside of my wrist. I dunno obviously I've changed my mind at least 4 times in this thread haha!

Jays1girl89
02-25-2012, 10:27 AM
I have always heard that it was bad luck but me and my hubby have eachothers names and we are still together going strong. My parents also have eachothers name and they're 22nd anniversary is on the 15th of March. I know many ppl who have they're husband and wifes name and our still together. & I know many ppl who have names that do it just make a point to the other person and they end up breaking up soon after.

Princess1029
02-25-2012, 10:30 AM
I have always heard that it was bad luck but me and my hubby have eachothers names and we are still together going strong. My parents also have eachothers name and they're 22nd anniversary is on the 15th of March. I know many ppl who have they're husband and wifes name and our still together. & I know many ppl who have names that do it just make a point to the other person and they end up breaking up soon after.

Yea, I mean I guess if your doing it for the right reasons its not bad luck :)

I<3luismercado
02-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, I've heard this plenty of times, even from my tattoo artist as he was tattooing my loves name on me. Ha ha ha....and when he was all done he said, "don't forget to make an appointment for your cover up!".

I don't care what anyone says about the topic....I love my baby so I did it!

And If it does turn out to be a jinx then just cover it up- its small enough. ;)

mrsindecisions
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I have thought about getting our last name since I don't ever intend to change it anyway even if something were to happen between us. Plus like others have said even if something happened if he has been such a big part of your life the tattoo will still symbolize that even if you end up with someone else in the end.

mrs.cervantes19
02-25-2012, 02:13 PM
My man wants to get my lips on his head (side) & I wanted to get his name but he says its bad luck, if we both get tattoos... if he gets my name ofcourse I wanna get something of him too(: reading other posts I'm guessing its just in peoples heads lol

Sent ipod PrisonTalk

FiFi n Miles
02-25-2012, 02:41 PM
My husband has my name many times. He has one In the back the size of those lifting belts. My name is 6 letters. He also has my face on his back huge. You can compare it To the size of a Big round cooking pan. I also have his name the size of a lifting belt on my waist. He has 8 letters in his name. I also have our nick names on my back. And his name and my name on my stomach. No bad luck here. We love each other very deep to our soul. My husband and I have always had this saying You and I in a Bubble and we dont let nobody in. For many years, works for us. You make your Luck

FiFi

Princess1029
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
I have thought about getting our last name since I don't ever intend to change it anyway even if something were to happen between us. Plus like others have said even if something happened if he has been such a big part of your life the tattoo will still symbolize that even if you end up with someone else in the end.

That's true..hmm

MrsDominquez
02-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I have my mans name tatted i got it in 2007 & we are still together &married I think it al depends if u believe in that I don't!!

Bigbirdsgirl83
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes, I've heard this plenty of times, even from my tattoo artist as he was tattooing my loves name on me. Ha ha ha....and when he was all done he said, "don't forget to make an appointment for your cover up!".

I don't care what anyone says about the topic....I love my baby so I did it!

And If it does turn out to be a jinx then just cover it up- its small enough. ;)

My artist charges 20 dollars for simple names and tells everyone it will cost double if he has to cover his own work and he has his exs names tatted all over him