FAX : (229) 294-6691

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1508
CONSTRUCTED: 1992
OPENED: 1992
SECURITY LEVEL: CLOSE
RENOVATED: 1998

MISSION:
Houses close security general population inmates who may not be suitable for a medium security institution due to their sentence, offense or behavior. Contains a 176-bed Mental Health Unit. A 192-bed Pre-Transitional Unit is a functional part of the facility.

HOUSING:
Six buildings have two living units per building containing 48 double-bunked cells each. Building Seven consists of four individual dormitories with 92 beds each. The eighth building contains one 85 double-bunked segregation living units and one 47 single-bunked isolation living unit.

WORK DETAILS:
Mitchell County, Department of Transportation, Grounds Details, City of Pelham details. A 150-man Correctional Industries Shoe Manufacturing Plant is located at the facility.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Literacy, JTPA

Substance Abuse: AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Prerelease, Sex Offender, Social Thinking, Relapse, Anger Management, Life Skills, Lifer's Group, Depression, Conflict Resolution, Positive Attitude

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Inmate Choir

Vocational/OJT: Footwear Manufacturing, Buffer Repair, Food Preparation

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-75 South to GA 300 at Cordele. Highway 300 to Albany, then Highway 19 South to Camilla. Approximately five miles South of Camilla, just pass mile marker nine, turn left onto Mt. Zion Church Road. Autry SP is approximately one mile on the right.

allsfriend
07-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Okay! I am totally confused and sad. I haven't heard from him since 05/07/08. I don't know when he was transferred from Baldwin to Autry or anything else. When is visitation and who can visit? What can I send in the mail and how about funds on his books? Need all information possible. I am concerned about personal safety for the inmates. Where can I get info on the Prison itself?:cool:

ms.tko
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Okay! I am totally confused and sad. I haven't heard from him since 05/07/08. I don't know when he was transferred from Baldwin to Autry or anything else. When is visitation and who can visit? What can I send in the mail and how about funds on his books? Need all information possible. I am concerned about personal safety for the inmates. Where can I get info on the Prison itself?:cool:..

ms.tko
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I just went to Autry for the first time yesterday. Visitation is on Saturday and Sunday from 9-3 no one in or out from 11-1 (count time) he has to send you forms for you to fill out for you to come visit. To put money on his books you have to be on his visitation list or they will send the money order back to you. Hope this was helpful. Took me like 3 hours from Atlanta.

Kat
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Allsfriend and mstko Welcome to PTO and the Ga forums..kat

alone66
08-16-2008, 10:57 AM
mine just got transfered to Autry, I hear its kinda crazy there, Does anyone know about the area, transportation. When i get to go visit, ill need to figure everything out. Any help would be great.

Kat
08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Gayla I know the area well...you can either fly into Albany,Ga or Tallahassee, FL both are small airports.I fly into Tallahassee, FL cause its cheaper than albany.Pm me for more info about where I stay ect..Kat

kae
08-16-2008, 04:06 PM
alone66, i've stayed in the area as well. i've flown into albany & tallahassee. (albany is closer) both airports have car rental agencies. i can give you nice motel recommendations so you can avoid the dumps. i've also found malls, restaurants & other things to do while you're there. hit me up when you book your flight.

alone66
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you both, still working on when but I will get in contact,

ncl585
05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Fiance just got a transfer in the middle of the first week of May from Floyd County to Autry. His TPM is this month. Will him being transferred affect the parole process and make it take longer?

LORNA
05-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Welcome ncl and the answer is no, unless he was transferred for disciplinary reasons.

svamom
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi, Im new to this site but def nt the GDOC. My fiance was just transferred from Johnson State Prison to Autry. Before I was renting cars and driving from Atlanta to Wrightsville; unfortunately my license are now suspended. I attempted to book a round trip with Friends and Family Transportation but they said they dont go to Autry. Does anybody knw of affordable transportation from Atlanta to Autry so I can see my honey. Its been two months!!! Please help.

svamom
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I just went to Autry for the first time yesterday. Visitation is on Saturday and Sunday from 9-3 no one in or out from 11-1 (count time) he has to send you forms for you to fill out for you to come visit. To put money on his books you have to be on his visitation list or they will send the money order back to you. Hope this was helpful. Took me like 3 hours from Atlanta.

mstko, hi im puncho's girl. Been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to find transportation to Autry. Do u still go out there?

innerpeace67
07-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Last night I got a call from an inmate at the Prison where my husband is supposed to be; they transferred him in the middle of the night! I called CDOC to find out where they sent him and was told to Autry State Prison.
I have not heard from him yet, but if this is true I will be driving down there for visits. He was in Moultre up until last night. It looks like Aurty is one county over...about a 3 hour drive. Seems cheaper to drive than fly, unless ya'll know something I don't. If it IS cheaper to fly, I would be interested in splitting a hotel bill if anyone is willing.

LORNA
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Innerpeacve-
Welcome to the Georgia forums @ PTO. Are you interested in someone carpooling with you also, or just sharing hotel accommodations? There is a new sticky for carpoolong and ridesharing here:http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490379

innerpeace67
07-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Thank you for the link Lorna! I posted a message there.

I am interested in carpooling and/or sharing accommodations (with females only).

momofseven
09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Is visitation just on saturdays?My son was moved to Autry over the weekend.He was at calhoun state. They had all weekend visitation, meaning sat. and sun.Ive looked on the web site and see nothing.Can some one please fill me in.

kae
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
You can visit Saturday, Sunday and state holidays.

msparker2010
01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi I'm new here and my man is at autry. I just needed to know where was the best place to stay when i go see him and does anyone carpool.

msparker2010
01-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Hope u still get on here.
Thank you for the link Lorna! I posted a message there.

I am interested in carpooling and/or sharing accommodations (with females only).

kae
01-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome MsParker2010,

There are hotels in Douglasville which is about 30 minutes from Autry. When my husband was at ASP, I've stayed at the Sleep Inn and Quality Inn Suites. One of our GA forum members recommended Comfort Inn as well. There are restaurants and shopping in Douglasville so you will have something to do instead of sitting in the room all afternoon and evening.

Its been a few years since I've visited but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

steele
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I have tried calling Autry on numerous occasions, the phones are nto answered, or you get busy signal. When I did get thru to the wardens office, I was assured , he would call me back....he has not...in all the times I have called.
The prisoners, get 2 meals a day.....if they are grabbed by a guard, who thinks they did a violation, and they see warden walking by. and want to call out to him...they are threatened with pepper spray.
THIS IS TRUE..HAPPENND TO MY SON.. LAST WEEK.
Now no one answers main phone line...maybe it is busy. but hey,l what is back line number, which congressman and governor can call?

LORNA
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Steele,
If you hgave left several messages for the warden and your calls have not been returned , your next step is to call the Ombudsmen's office. The # is 478-992-5358. Good luck.

Jayswifey12
01-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi, im new to this, I was wonderin if n e one could help me..im frm texas n my bf is in ga, we want to get married but im wondering on how about to make the movement. I also been told that I could get married by a chapplin in that prison? Can someone help please?! Thanx

jsgyrl01
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM
I am trying to find the best hotel to stay while visiting my luv at ASP are there any suggestions from anyone here??:D

jsgyrl01
02-10-2013, 11:49 PM
If there is anyone here that still have a loved one in Autry please contact me. I am trying to get someone to carpool with me and share inexpenses for a one day trip..it isn't often that I get to go but I am traveling from Atlanta and wanted to see if anyone wanted to go..thx!!!

rkb5721
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I stay at the Comfort Inn in Thomasville. It's about 30 to 40 min. past Autry. My fiance is in Thomas County CI. I think that might be the closest nice hotel. There is another one a little closer, I think the name is Western Hotel. Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit!

kboccia
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I am starting a carpool with another woman who's husband is at Autry. My son is there. We will be meeting at Flat Shoals Rd off of 85. If you are still interested let me know and we can talk.

If there is anyone here that still have a loved one in Autry please contact me. I am trying to get someone to carpool with me and share inexpenses for a one day trip..it isn't often that I get to go but I am traveling from Atlanta and wanted to see if anyone wanted to go..thx!!!