View Full Version : Lawyers who can help with a time cut?

NenaToMyPapi
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it if it is!

My Loved One was convicted of aggravated robbery in Dallas and is eight years into a 40 year sentence. He is not eligible for parole for another 12. He believes that if he can just get before a judge he can have his sentence overturned, but so far he hasn't been allowed that opportunity and he doens't feel he can wait another 12 years for a parole hearing. His brother has recently hired another lawyer for him but until he hears what this lawyer has to say, he has also asked me to get him the contact information for lawyers who might be able to help him. Can anyone give me some guidance?

I know how rarely time cuts are granted so I personally think his best bet would be to file a writ of habeus corpus. I believe he filed one in 2007 but was denied. I know absolutely nothing about the legal system so I wouldn't even know where to begin or what questions to ask a lawyer. Legal jargon just confuses the heck out of me :o.

If anyone has the names of good attorneys I might reach out to whom you've has success with, or if you have any other advice for me on how to get my LO's sentence reduced or overturned I would greatly appreciate it!