View Full Version : monday is my sentencing

faeriegirl
11-02-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey everybody,
I am getting really nervous, as Monday morning I find out my fate. I am expecting my sentence to be bewteen 12-18 mths, and my lawyer is recommending the prison camp at Fort Worth. If anybody has any advice for me i would greatly appreciate it. I read in one of the postings about quarterly packages, are these things that family members can send in the federal system? When do they get to send them? How soon will family ( and my fiancee) be able to visit me? Sorry, I am kinda freaking out.....
Thanks all ...

David
11-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Faeriegirl,
Hang in there hon. Your attorney is requesting self-surrender also, correct? Laurie just got here and she was at the federal camp at Carswell/Ft. Worth. Maybe she can give you some pointers.

danielle
11-02-2002, 08:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Princess
11-02-2002, 08:19 PM
Hey girl... I know how scared you are because I've been there! I was at Carswell for two years. You have millions of questions that won't be answered until you get there. You can't get packages but you can have mail 5 days a week. Make sure your immediate family and your fiancee are in your psi and they can visit you as soon as you fill out the paperwork. It's contactl visits not behind a glass or screen. The camp itself is considered one of the best in the system for females. It's an old motel with two levels and individual rooms with PRIVATE bathrooms! Have to run but if you have anymore questions just ask. :)

faeriegirl
11-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Princess, that sounds much better than what I had been expecting. Will they mail me basic information afer my sentencing? Like visitation information etc? Also, what is Christmas like there, does family get to visit? Thank you so much for the info, it is easing my heart!

faeriegirl
11-04-2002, 02:30 PM
ok, my sentencing turned out great!
12 mths and a day with 5 yrs of probation.
my self surrender date is december 11 !
YAY!

sherri13
11-04-2002, 02:58 PM
congrats girl!

danielle
11-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Glad the news was good! Let us know what your address will be!

jdswifey02
11-04-2002, 05:07 PM
glad to hear it went well..... you were in my thoughts today..... hang in there.....