View Full Version : What happens if they are deported, come back and are arrested again?

KaitlinFlores
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Can I ask a question, if they have already been deported and then they come back and go to prison again are they gonna give him federal time at the end of his state sentence or just deport him again?

chispasdecruz
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
It's possible but not always. Depends on the area and district attorneys office but more n more they have been. Can I ask what his criminal history is? That actually makes a big difference.

chuckyswife909
02-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Can I ask a question, if they have already been deported and then they come back and go to prison again are they gonna give him federal time at the end of his state sentence or just deport him again?

gurl i can tell you through the current experince im goin through right now .... my husband did his sentence for violation of his PO and got deported in june ... he tried crossing back couple weeks later and was caught... sense june my hubby has been busted again and is facing up to 5 years for re-entry into the country illegally .... it sucks so far its going to be 3 years he hasnt been home .... right now he's trying to fight his case to reduce it but no luck so far with the federal system .... but good luck gurl wish him luck

KaitlinFlores
02-02-2012, 03:44 PM
gurl i can tell you through the current experince im goin through right now .... my husband did his sentence for violation of his PO and got deported in june ... he tried crossing back couple weeks later and was caught... sense june my hubby has been busted again and is facing up to 5 years for re-entry into the country illegally .... it sucks so far its going to be 3 years he hasnt been home .... right now he's trying to fight his case to reduce it but no luck so far with the federal system .... but good luck gurl wish him luck

Is he gonna do his time in Mexico or here?

4bidnlove
02-02-2012, 05:25 PM
My man got deported for 10 years and was caught here 3 years later. He thought he would do a year federal. They just told him a month into his sentence for armed robbery that he would do no time in federal.

KaitlinFlores
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
My man got deported for 10 years and was caught here 3 years later. He thought he would do a year federal. They just told him a month into his sentence for armed robbery that he would do no time in federal.

Wel that's good . The first time my husband was deported for 10 years in 2008 Amd then got in caught here in 2010 so I hope the state can't afford to hold him here lol. His lawyer just told him dnt get caught coming back again otherwise he will for sure get five years

negretelove
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM
every individual case is different and there is no real rhyme or reason to any of it.....

I can only tell you my husband did 8.5 yrs of a 10 yr state bid after being deported 2 other times and he was deported after doing his state time...he has never done federal for re-entry.

ICE went back and forth with charging him this last time but in the end because he has two strikes against him the ICE agent and magistrate said he should be more afraid of doing 25-life for the state then a few yrs for the feds. With that said we are very happy here in Mexico :D

KaitlinFlores
02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
every individual case is different and there is no real rhyme or reason to any of it.....

I can only tell you my husband did 8.5 yrs of a 10 yr state bid after being deported 2 other times and he was deported after doing his state time...he has never done federal for re-entry.

ICE went back and forth with charging him this last time but in the end because he has two strikes against him the ICE agent and magistrate said he should be more afraid of doing 25-life for the state then a few yrs for the feds. With that said we are very happy here in Mexico :D

My man has two strikes too is it another strike if they re enter ?

chispasdecruz
02-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Chuckyswife omg I'm so sorry! That is a crazy amount of time! I hope they can reduce his time! When will he be sentenced?

chispasdecruz
02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Negretelove wow sounds like he was lucky on the reentry but definitely made ur minds up about where to live! I've read ur posts . It's great to see someone officially making it work in Mexico. Ur a real inspiration! :)

histink7
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
my man gets sentenced on monday for illegal reentry. he has 31 criminal points and is a category V. they offered him a plea bargain to pled guilty for illegal reentry so they offered 18-24 months!!! hopefully that is all the time he will get because with the psi i am not sure?! i have been asking around and get conflicting answers if the judge will use his past criminal history against him. and give him like 10 years!!! i really hope not!! and hoping the plea agreement that he agreed to for reentry keeps!

robinbanks
02-04-2012, 05:26 AM
he has 31 criminal points and is a category V.
That's a lot of points.

4bidnlove
02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Well we will be happy in Mexico as well when his state bid is over :) it's not worth it risking his 25 years in prison if caught again. I'll work in Texas live in MX

KaitlinFlores
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Ooo that's good I just dont know where I could get a job over there

4bidnlove
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM
In Texas?

KaitlinFlores
02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
In Texas?
In Mexico or on the border I work in printed circuit board business

chispasdecruz
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot. What's a printed circuit board?

chispasdecruz
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Histink that's a crazy amount if points! My man had two points and got 75 days. Hopefully they can plea him down! Good luck!

KaitlinFlores
02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot. What's a printed circuit board?

Pcb they are used in alot of electronic devices

zunigan
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
My advice is don't come back. Why take the chance of doing more time. Live in Mexico free. Make your life there with your husband. Always remember you can come back if it does not work out, he can't.

4bidnlove
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Idk. I've been online looking at jobs in Texas near the border. I can cross everyday

zunigan
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Idk. I've been online looking at jobs in Texas near the border. I can cross everyday

Get a job and cross if that's what you want.. More money, border wait but u will get used to it....

zunigan
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
In Texas?

Something close to border so you can cross and work...there are many who do that along with kids who cross to go to school in us

4bidnlove
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Something close to border so you can cross and work...there are many who do that along with kids who cross to go to school in us

Yeah anything is better than risking his life to come back right away

Patient Wife
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah anything is better than risking his life to come back right away

I totally agree! Nothing is worth risking his freedom again. Best of luck to you!

vero3
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
My hubby did 2 yrs in 1998..when ICE pick him i bail him out went to court..he didnt sign the form giving up his rights..the judge gave him a 2nd change and let him stay here...But now this time Ins already talk to him about his ins hold..The laws has change from 10+ yrs ago...I know im not going to live in mexico with my boys...maybe Canada..

negretelove
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Vero yes alot has changes from 10+ years ago. may I ask why you will not live in Mexico?

vero3
02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Well i never lived in mexico..I dont think i will get anywhere in life there...The way there GOV works really sucks..i have 2 young boys and would like for them to get somewhere in life..Mexico everyone is trying to leave for better life....But I guess at the end of the day..where ever my hubby at i will be there..Good or Bad....

negretelove
02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
i did not live in Mexico until Nov 2010 when my husband was deported...I have 4 children ages 10-17. My 2 younger children went to public school in Mexico for grades 3rd and 6th the education here is far beyond the education in the US public schools. My children were considered behind...children in Mexico start school at 3-4 yrs old and have 3 yrs/levels of kinder.

The only reason my kids are doing homeschooling right now is the youngest went for a short time to stay with a relative and the new school yr had already started here...as well as we moved and are just getting settled to the new area. But I am looking at putting them back into school whether public or private next school year.

It is sad to me that so many people believe they know something about a place when they have no experience living there. My family thought I was crazy for moving here I lost friends and everything over this decision...but I am finding it is probably the best decision I have ever made in life.

They have universities in Mexico...education is very important and the government is working very hard to make sure all children will be given the same opportunities through education.

Now I do live in a border area and probably have many more advantages and opportunities then other areas of Mexico but the idea is there is good and bad in every country. Do not listen too much to the media...there is a whole lot of false info out there. Which is sad because Mexico used to have a lot of tourism and because of the media and US government people are not traveling to Mexico and it is hurting the economy which is all the US is really looking to do. But Mexicos government is working on programs for the people for housing and businesses...so much opportunity here..so much culture....and in the end it is about family.

best of luck to you in your journey ;)

MaryLlamas
02-15-2012, 03:32 PM
My husband is currently in incarcerated and will be released Nov 22, 2012, and will be deported I have been shipping my stuff slowly and saving every penny I can. I have no other choice then to move over there and look for work. It gone to be rough because it not the same going on vacation then living there I was born and raised in California.

4bidnlove
02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
i did not live in Mexico until Nov 2010 when my husband was deported...I have 4 children ages 10-17. My 2 younger children went to public school in Mexico for grades 3rd and 6th the education here is far beyond the education in the US public schools. My children were considered behind...children in Mexico start school at 3-4 yrs old and have 3 yrs/levels of kinder.

The only reason my kids are doing homeschooling right now is the youngest went for a short time to stay with a relative and the new school yr had already started here...as well as we moved and are just getting settled to the new area. But I am looking at putting them back into school whether public or private next school year.

It is sad to me that so many people believe they know something about a place when they have no experience living there. My family thought I was crazy for moving here I lost friends and everything over this decision...but I am finding it is probably the best decision I have ever made in life.

They have universities in Mexico...education is very important and the government is working very hard to make sure all children will be given the same opportunities through education.

Now I do live in a border area and probably have many more advantages and opportunities then other areas of Mexico but the idea is there is good and bad in every country. Do not listen too much to the media...there is a whole lot of false info out there. Which is sad because Mexico used to have a lot of tourism and because of the media and US government people are not traveling to Mexico and it is hurting the economy which is all the US is really looking to do. But Mexicos government is working on programs for the people for housing and businesses...so much opportunity here..so much culture....and in the end it is about family.

best of luck to you in your journey ;)

That's what my boyfriend said. There is good and definitely bad here in the states as well. My family think I'm crazy and going to be kidnapped for ransom, I'd be more worried in new York. :)

chispasdecruz
02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol definitely I grew up in chicago....I've seen way worse than what I've seen so far in Mexico lol

Negretelove thanks for sharing that :) makes me feel like I'm not crazy hehe

vero3
02-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Negretelove...Thanks so much for info..im glad u shared ur info with me...All i know is what I see on TV..my hubby does have cuzins in Juarez..i dont think its safe there..maybe TJ or mexicali ..im from LA.

negretelove
02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
TJ, Playas, the cali border is not bad at all...and I am speaking from personal knowledge ;) I cannot speak on any other area in Mexico...because I try not to speak on things I do not have personal experience with ;)

if you have questions just ask !! i can post pics ...whatever you need to help ease your mind ;)

lysoto
02-15-2012, 08:19 PM
I would like to try n live over in tj/cali area....i lived in nuevo laredo and i hated it , could not find a job in laredo,tx so we went to monterrey where my husbands family is and a job offer for him was...it was ok but not somewhere i could live permanently...the city is huge and i cant get around anywhere and on top of it there are military and federales at every corner questioning us and trying to take our money for bribes...just going to the city we would get stopped at least 4 times to be questioned about my car and for supposedly violatin some rule that we had to pay them off for so they would let us go.....it gets old really fast and is a horrible feeling knowing that there is no one there not even police to protect u...i saw a good amount of violence from cartels in the short time i lived there that it terrifies me to raise my newborn there...not trying to be negative but just wanted to share my experience in the northern/texas border side of mexico...im back in PA to give birth to my first child and i feel so guilty for not wanting to go back...my daughter needs her father in her life but i dont kno if its the best decision to take her over there, especially since im new to being a mom and dont speak spanish, not sure how i would communicate with doctors or anything if something would happen...no matter what i choose to do, i feel like there is no right decision :/. Sorry i just had to vent tonight ...im due in 5wks so im just stressing out on what to do!! :'(

negretelove
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
lysoto---congrats momma baby is almost here!!

I told you y'all should come to this side of the border. there are jobs...it is more americanized...and there are more of us (deportees) over here to help each other out ;)

so far so good I do not speak spanish but have not had too much of an issue communicating. and military and federalies pretty much leave people alone...the city cops are the ones looking for hand outs uuugghhh.

have not run into any violence and the traffic is not bad in playas it is a little hectic in the city of TJ but anyone can get used to it ;)

(((hugs)))) and I do hope things get better

lysoto
02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
If my husband doesnt get a new contract at work soon, then im going to try n convince him to move out that way...i mean we wont have his family but its not like they are all that close or help out, if anything we r the ones always helping them and lending them money...i hope he will agree...by any chance do you know if there are any like oil refineries or plants there? Thats the kind of work my husband has been doing in monterrey for Pemex but his contract expired last wk and his company is going to mexico city if pemex doesnt renew contract..i refuse to move to mexico city so i need another option!

gabbsplus2
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
My hubby was deported twice before im not sure for how long since i was nt w/him when he did his 3yrs in prison. He came bck no prob after a yr in MX and thats when we met;). And jux last yr in may the feds came to our home and took him;( jux to deport him the next day, he got anxious and tried to cross after jux 2 wks and got caught he was going to get 57 months but he pleaded guilty for the re-entry charge n with many letters n paperwrk from the hospital he ended up getting 30months;(. He will get deported again so we plan to go live by the border too. Im scared but i know the language and im hoping it works out. Read many stories of how its not so bad n so thats a lil reassuring. In the end all that matters is that my babies have daddy;)

chispasdecruz
02-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Lysoto sorry things have not been so good :( Negretelove has a lot of positive experiences at the border and personally we lived/will live in Toluca (2 hrs from Mexico city) and never saw ANYTHING bad. I have been stopped 17 times with not one bribe. Just checked my passport and my car vin number to make sure it wasn't stolen. Don't lose hope! There are a lot of other options :)

lysoto
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the support everyone....Hopefully I can make a decision soon on what to do. I really think Monterrey just might not be the right area for us just because of how much cartel action is going on there right now and they have no choice but to put military and police everywhere. I know in other parts of Mexico it isnt as bad, and i have felt safer ..i love guadalajara which is where my fathers family is from but my concern is just really with my husband finding a job if we move somewhere else. He only went to school up to 6th grade and when we were living in Nuevo Laredo that was a huge reason he could not find a job. Luckily because of how much experience he had in insulation in oil refineries they gave him a chance to work in Monterrey, problem is they are never guaranteed work so if i quit both my jobs again and move down there and he doesnt get a contract soon, not sure what we are going to do :(

negretelove
02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
lysoto I will look into it but I believe Pemex has oil refineries in Rosarito ;)