View Full Version : How do I send money?

01-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I am in Canada, How can i send money to someone in karnes correctional facility (texas)? Who do i make the money order payable to?

Thanks in advance

01-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Many people use JPay ( ( ), but there are other options that I will list below. I wish you the best of luck!

Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Inmate Trust Fund Department

Current Inmate Trust Fund Deposit Options

MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIER’S CHECKS made payable to “Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and Number”
-Obtain deposit slips from offender or by sending an addressed, stamped envelope to Inmate Trust Fund
-Send deposits and/or requests for deposit slips to Inmate Trust Fund, P O Box 60, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060, Phone Number: (936)438-8990.

-Complete an ACH authorization form (available on request from the Inmate Trust Fund) and have a set amount automatically debited from a personal checking account once each month for deposit to a specified offender
-Attach a voided check on the account to be debited
-Debit transaction will occur on the 5th of each month
-Submit form with voided check to Inmate Trust Fund, P O Box 60, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060
-Free service provided by TDCJ
WESTERN UNION QUICK COLLECT from anywhere in the United States. All three Quick Collect products are subject to different fees, send amounts, and other restrictions in certain states. Deposit will post to offender’s account within 24 hours.
Western Union Quick Collect – Walk in Cash Payments
-Call Western Union at 1-800-325-6000, or visit ( to find the nearest Western Union location. Fees as low as $5.95
Western Union Quick Collect by Phone
-For credit card transactions-call Western Union at 1-800-634-3422 (Press 2 to send Q/C payment)
Fees as low as $5.95
Western Union Quick Collect Online
-For Web transactions, visit ( Fees as low as $3.95
For each Quick Collect transaction the following information must be provided:
Pay to: TDCJ - Inmate Trust Fund
Code City and State: TDCJ/TX
Account number with Facility: Inmate’s TDCJ number and inmate’s last name
Attention: Inmate’s last name and inmate’s first name

Western Union Convenience Pay offered at select locations within the state of Texas. Send up to $200 to an offender’s trust fund account for a service fee of $3. Call 1-800-354-0005 to find a Convenience Pay agent location. Retail locations include Kroger, HEB, Minyard’s, Sack ‘n Save, Carnival and selected Western Union agent locations.

ACE, America’s Cash Express from anywhere in the United States. Deposit funds to an offender’s trust fund account for a service fee of $3. For the nearest ACE location, call 1-866-734-2306 or visit their web site at (

Jpay allows you to send money to an offender for service fees ranging from $1.95 to $8.95. Visit their web site at www.jpay (http://www.jpay/).com or call 1-800-574-jpay to send funds using Visa, Discover, or MasterCard credit/debit card. Senders can make cash deposits at any MoneyGram location nationwide using an Express Payment form. Senders may also make cash deposits from their home after setting up a cash collection account with a Jpay customer service representative.

• The MoneyGram® ExpressPayment® is available nationwide at over 26,000 retail agent locations, including Wal-Mart. To deposit money to an offender account:
1. Call 1-800 MoneyGram for the nearest MoneyGram agent location or visit (
2. Bring cash to the MoneyGram agent location and fill out the blue form with the following information:
Receive Code: 5203
Company Name: Texas Department of Criminal Justice, City: Huntsville, State: TX
Account Number and Offender Name: Offender ID #, Offender Last Name, (01234567, Smith)

3. Pay the low $7.95 fee and keep the reference number that confirms your transaction.

Note: Sender’s name and address is required when making a deposit to an offender’s account.

TDCJ hand
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Karnes county jail, not tdcj. Probably have to call them to find out.

01-15-2012, 08:09 PM
:slap: Umm... I feel silly now! Yes, it is a county facility, so you'll have to call them. :slap:

Thanks TDCJ Hand! :thumbsup:

01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much for your responses, i really appreciate it. I will try to call them back Tues because i called today and nobody knew how, they told me to call back Tues.