View Full Version : Manpower does work with Felons and they will get you a job

churley188
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
I just got back from the Manpower Orientation. And they asked me to come back tomorrow for an orientation with Amway, not sure yet what the job will be or how much it pays but at this point I don't care.

So Manpower does work with Felon's and they will get you a job, might not be the job you want, but right now something is better than nothing.

jonny1983
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
you will be a salesperson working for amway.only thing is you have to invest in their product.

churley188
12-29-2011, 11:50 AM
you will be a salesperson working for amway.only thing is you have to invest in their product.

Well sorry to break your negativity bubble but that is not true, I will be working in the production plant, I am working FOR Manpower not Amway, I'm just working at Amway. I have no delusion that Amway will ever hire me in, but through Manpower I can work there for about 1-2 years, and for right now that is good enough for me, Actually my first assignment at Amway starts tonight 3rd shift. If your constantly looking at what you can't do you'll overlook what you can do, and you never know where an opportunity will present itself. I am not going to just sit around and let the laws get me down or prevent me from applying at every place I can find. I never make assumptions on things I don't know for sure. I feel sorry for those people that give up, but I won't be one of them, my daughters are depending on me and they will see that their Dad is not a quitter, they will see that their Dad is not one to give up and that he is a winner, I will be successful no matter what kind of crap the world throws at me.

Leowoman
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
You go boy! Thanks for the info. I will let my hubby know Manpower works with felons. He's literally put in hundreds of apps and still hasn't given up. It gets discouraging but failure is not an option.

churley188
12-29-2011, 12:05 PM
You go boy! Thanks for the info. I will let my hubby know Manpower works with felons. He's literally put in hundreds of apps and still hasn't given up. It gets discouraging but failure is not an option.

Thanks and your welcome, I hope it didn't sound like I was on a soapbox or anything, but there is no reason for anyone to give up. From what I understand the Manpower offices are swamped right now, so he might not get an appointment till after the new year, fill out their online app and that will help speed up the process. Even though I'm going to be working I'm still going to be sending out resume's for jobs I find on the Michigan Talent Bank. Yes it can be very discouraging but not impossible!

passionfruit
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Well sorry to break your negativity bubble but that is not true, I will be working in the production plant, I am working FOR Manpower not Amway, I'm just working at Amway. I have no delusion that Amway will ever hire me in, but through Manpower I can work there for about 1-2 years, and for right now that is good enough for me, Actually my first assignment at Amway starts tonight 3rd shift. If your constantly looking at what you can't do you'll overlook what you can do, and you never know where an opportunity will present itself. I am not going to just sit around and let the laws get me down or prevent me from applying at every place I can find. I never make assumptions on things I don't know for sure. I feel sorry for those people that give up, but I won't be one of them, my daughters are depending on me and they will see that their Dad is not a quitter, they will see that their Dad is not one to give up and that he is a winner, I will be successful no matter what kind of crap the world throws at me.thanks for the info!!! I know its frustrating!!! I love your post its so encouraging and positive!!!!! You go and I know you will succeed at whatever you do... Keep up the good attitude!!! :-)

churley188
12-29-2011, 12:27 PM
thanks for the info!!! I know its frustrating!!! I love your post its so encouraging and positive!!!!! You go and I know you will succeed at whatever you do... Keep up the good attitude!!! :-)

Thank-you very much ! It certainly is hard to be positive all the time but I've always been told I am one stubborn S.O.B (lol) I guess they were right !

Blessings to you and yours :)

passionfruit
12-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank-you very much ! It certainly is hard to be positive all the time but I've always been told I am one stubborn S.O.B (lol) I guess they were right !

Blessings to you and yours :)I know it is especially when doors are slamming the door in your face when your trying!!!

Well keep being stubborn!! :-)

Thanks for the blessings.. May God Bless you with a Happy New Year!! :-)

Lovingme1st
12-29-2011, 09:46 PM
I just got back from the Manpower Orientation. And they asked me to come back tomorrow for an orientation with Amway, not sure yet what the job will be or how much it pays but at this point I don't care.

So Manpower does work with Felon's and they will get you a job, might not be the job you want, but right now something is better than nothing.

Congratulations and goodluck!!!:thumbsup:

jonny1983
12-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Well sorry to break your negativity bubble.

sorry if i sounded negative but i was really just stating what i know about amway or what i have heard rather.you shouldnt by any means give up and i am happy for you.there is a lot more places out there that hire felons than a lot of people think.i have been a tree trimmer for the power company before and after conviction.a lot of tree services will hire felons.i went back to work the day after i got out of prison.

churley188
12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
sorry if i sounded negative but i was really just stating what i know about amway or what i have heard rather.you shouldnt by any means give up and i am happy for you.there is a lot more places out there that hire felons than a lot of people think.i have been a tree trimmer for the power company before and after conviction.a lot of tree services will hire felons.i went back to work the day after i got out of prison.

LOL, I totally agree with you, and Amway was the last place I ever thought I'd be working a regular shift and not selling some type of snack bar or energy drink. I have learned a lot about Amway that I didn't know and am impressed with the Corporation. I had been approaced by people trying to get me to sell Amway products and it gave me a rather negative opinion of Amway as well. There are actually a lot of products that I normally buy in the store that are Amway products and I didn't even know it.

You are certainly correct about many places hiring felon's, the problem is finding them, lol, but they are out there.

I am so glad that you were able to go back to work so quickly after your release, that is fantastic! Congratulations ! The information about tree services hiring felon's is priceless, thank-you for sharing it. It really is amazing how better a person feels when they are gainfully employed, problems seem to be less of a problem, you just have a better outlook on everything.

churley188
12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I wanted to post an update: I just received a long-term assignment at Amway, by long-term I mean about 3 months, after that I will call the Manpower office at Amway and they will either extend that assignment or give me a new one, but from what I understand I will be working at Amway for a while, just might not be in the same department the whole time. I think that 90% of Amway workers are from Manpower, I don't think they have many hired in workers, so this opens a lot of opportunities for people looking for work.

Everyday is a blessing !!

* No path is darker than when your eyes are closed*

joyce6850
01-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for you information Churley188 ~ first you gave me Michigan Works for my son's list, now Man Power and Michigan Talent Bank. Now we just have to wait till April 24 for him to come home. I just tuck away all the info I can gather from everyone !!!

HOPE4FUTURE
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Mi Works and Michigan Talent Bank are the same place, aren't they? Both are the Michigan Employment Security aka Unemployment office.

churley188
01-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Mi Works and Michigan Talent Bank are the same place, aren't they? Both are the Michigan Employment Security aka Unemployment office.

Actually no they are not at the Unemployment office, and Michigan talent bank is a website that posts jobs, although it is through MI Works, Mi Works is the office. You cannot do the same things on the Michigan Talent bank as you can at MI works.

churley188
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
****UPDATE*****

Well I have been working at Amway (through Manpower) since January 2012, I have gone from working the production line to driving a forklift, which was a pay raise, now because of all the hard work I was put on a list to hire by the shift supervisor, I filled out an application and had an interview, I got a call that they will hire me as soon as a position opens up as a forklift operator, I was honest on the application about my felony. Just because you have a felony does not mean you won't get hired, you have to be better and work harder than everyone else and eventually you will be noticed. Motivation, hardwork and patience will never fail you, Never give up hope!

Team Woodfork
10-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Good Job Churley188. You are one of the fortunate ones to prove themselves to the workforce. A friend of mine is having an awful hard time finding work out there. He's being honest about his felony(seen him write it down on apps), & the sad part is that his felony is over 15 yrs ago. Keep up the good work.

churley188
10-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes I can believe he is having a hard time, I was getting nowhere when I was going to companies and filling out applications, thats why I went to a temp service. Most temp services don't care about a person's past they just want bodies to fill open positions, but sometimes they won't send you to certain companies based on the type of crime that was committed. I just got an email that Amway got my background check and they will review it and then let me know, it is possible that they might decide not to hire me even though they already made the job offer, if this is the case then so be it, it won't stop me from trying again somewhere else. Tell your friend to never give up hope, its certainly hard but not impossible.

Team Woodfork
10-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes I can believe he is having a hard time, I was getting nowhere when I was going to companies and filling out applications, thats why I went to a temp service. Most temp services don't care about a person's past they just want bodies to fill open positions, but sometimes they won't send you to certain companies based on the type of crime that was committed. I just got an email that Amway got my background check and they will review it and then let me know, it is possible that they might decide not to hire me even though they already made the job offer, if this is the case then so be it, it won't stop me from trying again somewhere else. Tell your friend to never give up hope, its certainly hard but not impossible.

Again, good luck to you. You are truly an inspiration to others.

churley188
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Update on Amway: well Amway did take back their offer of employment, from what I found out is that they do hire felons but the person must have been off parole for at least 7 years and of course the nature of the crime is important too, they have a review board that looks at each application with a felony on it once they have received the background check, I have only been off parole for 5 years, the guy that made the job offer kind of screwed up and offered me the job before the background check had come back, which is ok, at least now I know. I'm now working at Steelcase, through Manpower, I don't know their hiring policy when it comes to felons but I'm going to find out because they will be hiring around 50 people (from the Manpower people already working there) sometime after the first of the year, I will post whatever I find out. Just because some companies say no doesn't mean they all will, sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time.