View Full Version : How long can a parole hold go on with no court date or hearing?

Ladyhammlocc
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know how long can a parolee be held on a parole hold and plus no court date IN CALIFORNIA

mrsharper17
12-09-2011, 02:09 PM
depends on his agent....and if he wants him to see the board. Mine had a court date and all charges were bogus so judge dimissed the case but the PO still wanted him to go see the board so thats where he went. He only has 9 days to make that decision though

26thncaliswag
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
That's kind of a trick question. If he has a hold on him, it's for something. Could be a violation of his release, dirty drop, failure to report something. You may not know what the hold is for, but there is a piece missing in this.

Ladyhammlocc
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
depends on his agent....and if he wants him to see the board. Mine had a court date and all charges were bogus so judge dimissed the case but the po still wanted him to go see the board so thats where he went. He only has 9 days to make that decision though

okay thank you... Now this part on dec 5 arrested for a $30,000 bench warrant for a dui... Now check dis part he ran out of gas on the freeway and plus he never had license. So to make a long story short he park.. Highway patrolmen got behind him got out start asking him questions and my husband answered them so highway patrolmen got all close on him and jus assume he been drinking and driving but my husband explain to him he had been drinkin the previous day so bascially he charge my husband with dui for no reason... My husband is on parole by the way.. In oct he had a court day he did not show so thats where the bench warrant came in at. Everytime i call the information line they keep telling me well he was pick up for drinking and driving when i know for a fact it was a bench warrant for not showing up to court so please why do they keep saying that

Ladyhammlocc
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
That's kind of a trick question. If he has a hold on him, it's for something. Could be a violation of his release, dirty drop, failure to report something. You may not know what the hold is for, but there is a piece missing in this.

okay he told me on the phone today that his ist time upscanding so he telling me its nothing serious i might be out by christmas but shit i dont know nothing about parole

nimuay
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you possibly mean 'absconding'? That means he wasn't reporting to his PO or left the area he was supposed to be in without permission.

Ladyhammlocc
12-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Do you possibly mean 'absconding'? That means he wasn't reporting to his PO or left the area he was supposed to be in without permission.

yes sorry dats what i meant... this is his first time and plus he is Triple CMS

26thncaliswag
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I am trying not to look like a Butthead. Here's his situation. Definites: 1. Driving without or driving on a suspended license. Arrestable offenses = new charges. New charges = violation of parole. DUI. He's on the freeway. State sees him walking and upon getting close, they smell alcohol in his breath. Trust me, if I smell alcohol on you from it's not from the day before unless I see you at 9 am and you stopped drinking at 4 am. DUI= new arrest. New arrest = violation of parole. He absconded. Automatic violation of parole.

He has two major traffic offenses, one absconding charge and a bench warrant for failure to appear. His issue is pretty damn serious!

agoodwoman318
12-09-2011, 03:25 PM
It can remain until the full original sentance has been served (street time does not count).
Thanks to PTO I learned this THIS week!

HardHeadedWoman
12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
also with all the charges 26th described its highly doubtful he will be home for Christmas. The absconding is enough to keep him in there.

trustingGOD001
12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Not in California. You serve your entire time in prison minus good time. You cannot go back for the rest of the time because there is none. Before AB 109 every inmate was placed on 3 years parole upon release from prison. Before AB 109 you could go to prison for parole violation now it is 180 days in jail at half time (90 days). Driving on a suspended license or without a license is a ticket not a big deal it should be but it's not. It is can be an infraction or misdemeanor depending on the officer. If he is over the .08 BAC then they can get him for DUI and that could equal time so OP should find out what his BAC was. It now also depends on your county. Fresno county is no longer taking parole or probation violators unless they have new charges since they don't have room anymore. He might be home for Christmas depending on the BAC. Good luck!

26thncaliswag
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Not in California. You serve your entire time in prison minus good time. You cannot go back for the rest of the time because there is none. Before AB 109 every inmate was placed on 3 years parole upon release from prison. Before AB 109 you could go to prison for parole violation now it is 180 days in jail at half time (90 days). Driving on a suspended license or without a license is a ticket not a big deal it should be but it's not. It is can be an infraction or misdemeanor depending on the officer. If he is over the .08 BAC then they can get him for DUI and that could equal time so OP should find out what his BAC was. It now also depends on your county. Fresno county is no longer taking parole or probation violators unless they have new charges since they don't have room anymore. He might be home for Christmas depending on the BAC. Good luck!

What about the absconding charge?

trustingGOD001
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM
What about the absconding charge?

The absconding charge is still part of the new realignment and is part of the 180 days half time. On the Ca site one member said they absconded to Hawaii called and asked how much time they are looking at and was told 180 half time. They used to be sentenced for years for these kinds of violations but as of Oct 1st things have drastically changed.

26thncaliswag
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
The absconding charge is still part of the new realignment and is part of the 180 days half time. On the Ca site one member said they absconded to Hawaii called and asked how much time they are looking at and was told 180 half time. They used to be sentenced for years for these kinds of violations but as of Oct 1st things have drastically changed.

K. I really want to see how this turns out.I hate to use people as experiments, but absconding here, is a definite no-no!