View Full Version : Confused?? Are his sentences concurrent or consecutive?

missingLance01
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
So my fiancÚ is serving life with a chance of parole but I don't understand/confused about his sentencing when I look on the doc website his thing says life (life,life,life,life) but what I don't get is do they run concurrently or does that mean when and if he makes parole and they let him out if he messes up and they send him back is goin to stay there to serve the rest of his time.. I know life in Missouri is 30-35years but what about if he has what I just said above??? Kinda confused :/ This is his first big charge and he was 17 when he did the crime. Also this is my first situation like this so I'm really new to everything kinda need more understanding it all... :(

Lovin my king/daddy/heart/everything to the fullest! <3 F the public! :)

jjasparks
12-09-2011, 12:21 AM
It depends on how he was sentenced. I think you can go on the case.net website and find out. Most likely they are run concurrently..

patchouli
12-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Or if you have access to his sentencing papers, it'll be stated there whether the sentences are concurent or consecutive. You can also go to the courthouse in the county of conviction and pull the case file--for free. Its public record.

missingLance01
12-15-2011, 02:59 AM
It depends on how he was sentenced. I think you can go on the case.net website and find out. Most likely they are run concurrently..

Idk how he was sentenced... I went to case.net and couldn't find what I was told to look for after the sentencing. And I looked on the doc website today and after it said life(life,life,life,life CS) But I don't understand what CS is suppose to mean. :/ I hate being new to this...

missingLance01
12-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Or if you have access to his sentencing papers, it'll be stated there whether the sentences are concurent or consecutive. You can also go to the courthouse in the county of conviction and pull the case file--for free. Its public record.

I don't have access to his sentencing papers. And I don't even know where he was sentenced at because they were suppose to sentence him in the town we live in but they didn't they where switching towns like crazy.

NikNak88
12-15-2011, 03:51 AM
I believe....and I may be wrong....CS means consecutive sentence in this case. If there were a CC it would mean concurrent sentence. Now if it said "Poss CS Felony" or something like that, the CS would stand for controlled substance. But it definitely sounds like, in your case, it means Consecutive sentence.

Another thing....he most likely knows what and how he was sentenced. Maybe ask him if his sentences are concurrent or consecutive. He should know :)

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk

I_miss_her
12-15-2011, 04:35 AM
I believe....and I may be wrong....CS means consecutive sentence in this case. If there were a CC it would mean concurrent sentence. Now if it said "Poss CS Felony" or something like that, the CS would stand for controlled substance. But it definitely sounds like, in your case, it means Consecutive sentence.

Another thing....he most likely knows what and how he was sentenced. Maybe ask him if his sentences are concurrent or consecutive. He should know :)

Your right... My fiancee has two 5s running concurrent or CC in MODOCs website, CS is consecutive, :-(

mrsfranklin2010
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
mo inmate locator will tell u too

missingLance01
12-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Oh okay. And is consecutive sentence a good thing? :/ I'm just curious. And yea he probably does know and I would ask him but he's in the hole right now and I don't want him to have to explain stuff like this to me while he's in there because he already hates being in the hole and in there anyways so explaining his case or his sentence that he's already been through I don't want to put him through that.

missingLance01
12-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Your right... My fiancee has two 5s running concurrent or CC in MODOCs website, CS is consecutive, :-(

I'm sorry to hear that your fiancÚ has 5s running concurrent. :/

missingLance01
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
mo inmate locator will tell u too

Thank you mrsfranklin2010! :) I'm goin to see what that says about has case/sentence.

I_miss_her
12-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your fiancÚ has 5s running concurrent. :/

I actually got good new today on that!!! She finally got classified and the caseworker said that with time served and everything she should only do 4 months!!!! And she's already been in for 1 month!! I don't have an offical release date yet but I'm SOOO ok with +or-3 months!!!

missingLance01
12-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I actually got good new today on that!!! She finally got classified and the caseworker said that with time served and everything she should only do 4 months!!!! And she's already been in for 1 month!! I don't have an offical release date yet but I'm SOOO ok with +or-3 months!!!

Well that's good and exciting news to hear! :) And yea + or - 3 months isn't really that bad shell be home before you know it! :) But that sucks that they didn't give you a release date yet that would be even more exciting for you! But I'm happy for you guys. :)

lovemipapi
12-16-2011, 12:48 AM
bein in the hole or not if i didnt understand what my man is sentenced to i wuld ask! regardless to anything he shuldnt mind explaining or telling you what his exact sentencing is to the fullest!

ASK ASK ASK!

Hardt
12-16-2011, 11:00 PM
I agree with lovemipapi, ask your fiance now missinglance while he is in the hole to explain his sentence. If nothing else it will give him something to do.

Princess1029
12-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I posted a similar thing trying to figure out my biological fathers sentence it said CS as well, it means consecutive.

WheatleyS813
12-16-2011, 11:33 PM
According to modoc my husband is an (8,4,4, cc) which means he serves all three at once, the two 4's are finished and his 8 is up in 13.5 months. So I'm assuming concurrent is good where as consecutive would be 16 years in his case.

JennJ
12-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Concurrent is serving them all at the same time. Consecutive is serving them one right after another. My husband has 7 YRS (7, 5, 4, 5 CC)...this means that he actually has 21 years but all of his charges are concurrent which means he is doing his percentage of the longest single charge. For example, right now he is serving 40% of a 7 year sentence. Consecutive usually means that he would be serving (for example) 7 years then 5 years then 4 years, etc. one right after the other.

cross25
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Question-I am accepting a plea of 2-5 year felonies to be served consecutive. I'm a first time offender this was a non violent crime. How can I calculate when I may come up for parole the first time? I' m hearing different % didn't know if there were guidelines for me to research into. This is in the state of Missouri, it was a white collar crime if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help that can be given to me.