View Full Version : Need info on calculating time to be served at TDCJ

Trish88
12-04-2011, 01:57 AM
How does time work in prision?
I wanna know when will he come home
New here loves.

shaunna
12-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Not sure what you mean by your post it is a bit confusing..... have you tried just asking him? if you know where he is located maybe try looking him up on a DOC search it might be able to give you an estimate.

Trish88
12-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I tried but apparently he hasnt recieved my letters&whats a doc??

Momma Ann
12-04-2011, 07:44 AM
OK tell us what state he is in--then we will get your post to the right state. We need to know the sentence and the charges to help as well. DOC is Department of Corrections.

JPrasil
12-04-2011, 09:32 AM
How does time work in prision?
I wanna know when will he come home
New here loves.

If you go to the TDCJ Websitw and click the locate offender ane put in his first and last name or TDCJ number it will bring up his information. It will show his Unit, Parole Eligibility Date, Projected Release Date, Maximum Sentence Date and his Offenses.

His parole eligibility date is is the time he is eligible for parole. This is calculated at 1/4 his sentence plus good time if his offense is not 3G. The parole board has comple discretion on parole.

The Projected Release Date is when they calculate he will be projected if not released on parole sooner. This is when his good time plus flat time equals sentence. The parole board has complete discretion on this as well. This is also know as Mandatory Supervision or Short-way Date.

The maximum sentence date when his full sentence is complete. This is also know as a discharge date.

The time served at Harris County will count toward his sentence if granted by the judge and they will backdate his TDCJ time to show that.

His good time is calculate by his Line Class. When he enters TDCJ he will be assigned Line Class I and he can go higher or lower based on his behavior. There is a good time chart to show this. He will get a time sheet in there that will show his parole information and time calculations.

Im not sure of what his offense is or how much time he served. If he is 3G the he will not earn any good time and must serve half his sentence flat before he is eligible for parole. His Projected Release Date will be set to his Maximum Sentence Date because he is ineligible for Mandatory Supervision. 3G offenses are what TX considers to be more violent offenses. He should know if his offense is 3G or not.

Pleaae visit the tdcj site. www.tdcj.state.tx.us and use the offender locator link. It will show what is calculated for his sentence.

Ani3546
12-05-2011, 09:18 PM
How much time did he get?

Trish88
12-06-2011, 01:40 AM
He sign for 2yrs but his projected date is 7/12,& max is 8/13 his elig. For parole was on nov,18 but I dont know nothing yet on how it went or what!

Ytisgirl
12-06-2011, 07:28 AM
... The parole board has comple discretion on parole. ...

Does this mean he could get out without it being put on the website or what? Curious. For parole and project release date?

Trish88
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
What does that mean,idk! I just want him home! Soon... And july doesnt seem far bcuz now time flys,like the days goes by slow&the mths just goes by fast..
Idk how parole,or all that works

RobinsMan
12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Our resident oreo cookie spelled it out pretty good up above but maybe it is a bit much to process all at once.

Of course, we all want our loved one to come home ASAP but the fact is there is no way to know when that will happen until it does. Since he should already be eligible for parole by the time he shows up at TDC they will start a review for parole that will take maybe three or four months and then the local parole board office that his unit falls under will vote (three member panel) on whether or not to release him to parole. though people do make first parole, first parole on a two year sentence might be a bit soon to expect them to approve him. if he is denied then they will review him for parole again in one year.

His projected date (PRD) is when he becomes eligible for Release to Mandatory Supervision which is just another way to be released early. Again, the board will review him prior to that date and vote whether or not to block that release. If they do not block it then he will be released on that day which, by the way, should move up slightly before then. By slightly, I mean on the order of a number of days. Release on his PRD is the best odds to be approved for an ealy release.

If release on his PRD is blocked then they would paobrbaly have time to review him for parole one more time before he maxed out but it would be by a lot.

RobinsMan
12-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Does this mean he could get out without it being put on the website or what? Curious. For parole and project release date?

No, it just means that no one can tell or make the parole board vote one way or the or other. Any decision about parole is completely up to them.

Ytisgirl
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
No, it just means that no one can tell or make the parole board vote one way or the or other. Any decision about parole is completely up to them.

Oh I thought it was that way anyways. Whole new world. Lol

Ani3546
12-08-2011, 10:50 AM
When did his time start?

Trish88
12-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey went to harris county on aug 27 but his prd is 7/12 &has good behavor. He was sent to prison nov 5. Sooo he says he can get out sooner.

Ani3546
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
My husband went in on 8-12-11 & signed for two years to but he hasnt.been.transferred from county yet,so i dont have any PRD or PED thats why i was asking im guessing my hubbys dates r gonna be the same idk.. My hubby.thinks the most he'll be doing is 9mnths,but we dnt know..hes been behavin good there in county,and he says he'll behave whenever they transfer him. I hope he does that way it wont affect his time!!

bratinclaims
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
My brother just got sentenced to 25 years for a probation revocation on an assault on a peace officer and a burglary of habitation charge which he got 20 years for to run concurrent. There were no enhancements on the charges. We were wonderering if he would be eligible to use his back time and also if he would be eligible to become a trustee with the assault charge on there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You