View Full Version : Felony charges Williamson county

tndec19
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
So I have some questions for anyone who might be able to help me out.
I was convicted of a few drug felonies a C, D, E. The D class was distribution within 1000 feet of a school zone.
Questions:
1. I am being put in county lockup and have been advised by my lawyer, who spoke with the warden, that most likely I will spend all my time in county. Will I receive 2 for 1 time for good behavior and work?
2. The charge within 1000 feet of a school zone is non-probatable which I have been told that will require a full 2 year sentence is this applicable for 2 for 1 time if i do in fact receive such?
3. In the case that I do receive good time will this apply towards my 30% parole hearing, one of my charges is a 4 yr at 30%.

If more info is needed on any of these instances I will be quick to reply with such any help is much appreciated. I am new to this a first time offender and could use the assistance.

Fancy
12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow....the TNdoc there is no figuring it out.

I can tell you this, you would rather do your time in prison and not jail.

If you are searching for info about parole. Remember, 2 for 1 is great and takes time off the end of your sentence. If you are able to FLATTEN your sentence that way then great.

But, you mention, 30%...so you must be banking on parole.

At 30% you become ELIGIBLE for a parole hearing...does not mean you will get one the exact day you reach 30%....the parole board will set a date in their time....you will know this ahead of time.

Let's see...as far as what I have been told the offense in a school zone is 100%....no parole on this....I can do a little research on this.

Keep working with your lawyer. But, the TN Doc is an evil thing, once you are in their hands, there is little wiggle room....they will keep you forever, then scream to the public that the jails/prisons are overcrowded...they need more money....and the public buys this hook,, line and sinker.

You will be something for them to use to keep a job and make the state of Tn a profit...remember, there is no income tax in TN.....Tn makes their money off inmates.

Jail can be a lot worse then prison...and most inmates would prefer to go on to prison. Unless, Williamson county has some fluffy jail that the rest of us do not have.

Jail....no windows, no outside time, no food, very crowded, lots of fighting for simple things-a place to sleep. a bar of soap, a honey bun, no contact visits/visits behind glass, MRSA(staph) spreading from inmate to inmate.

You will need everything you got in you to make it thru the TNdoc.

NotherWife2
12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Excellent advice and so very true, Fancy. But, fyi check with your husband about the honey buns. I KNOW that as of this week Riverbend (RMSI) has removed their Monster Honey Buns off of commissary -- Yep, my hubby was very upset, he loved those darned honey buns, there was so many different ways he could make them different.

GipsieTiger
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
So I have some questions for anyone who might be able to help me out.
I was convicted of a few drug felonies a C, D, E. The D class was distribution within 1000 feet of a school zone.
Questions:
1. I am being put in county lockup and have been advised by my lawyer, who spoke with the warden, that most likely I will spend all my time in county. Will I receive 2 for 1 time for good behavior and work?
2. The charge within 1000 feet of a school zone is non-probatable which I have been told that will require a full 2 year sentence is this applicable for 2 for 1 time if i do in fact receive such?
3. In the case that I do receive good time will this apply towards my 30% parole hearing, one of my charges is a 4 yr at 30%.

If more info is needed on any of these instances I will be quick to reply with such any help is much appreciated. I am new to this a first time offender and could use the assistance.

Assuming that all of your charges are ran concurrent:

1. You can't "assume" that you get the 30% on the 4yrs. You have a possiblity for getting out on Parole but that is no guarantee.

2. You def. have to do 1/2 of the 2yrs for the charge in the school zone.

At best you get out on parole on the 4yrs (30%) or worse case is you have to do 1/2 of the 4 yrs.

If all charges are ran concurrent, typcially the sentence that is longest trumps the other sentences. i.e the 4 yr sentence will trump the 2 yr sentance for the school zone.

:Speaking from Experience:

Good Luck!

Fancy
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
If a drug offense is committed in one of these designated areas, then it is punishable by one sentencing classification higher than it otherwise would be. It is also subject to increased monetary fines.
Furthermore, if you're convicted and sentenced under the drug free school zone act, you become ineligible for parole release. You're also ineligible for a sentence of probation.
It really makes a big difference: Not only are you charged with a more serious offense, if you're convicted under the act, the judge can't give you parole – you have to go to prison. And once you're in prison, you have to do your entire sentence without the possibility of early release.

Taken from this article, click HERE (http://www.sooperarticles.com/law-articles/criminal-law-articles/know-more-about-tennessee-drug-free-school-zone-act-235439.html)

So sorry to hear about the honey buns.....not sure if this is the type they have in jail. Hubby does not love sweets, but hey, that is all you get in jail except for the toothpaste style peanut butter.

I did order hubby 15 packs of bacon and 15 bags of chocolate covered nuts for Christmas!

JTJwife
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
In the for what its worth department, the good time comes off the end of the sentence, it does not move the parole date.

I would not bank on spending all my time in a county jail. Seems like a state inmate can be held no more than two years at a county jail.

Eat you a few good meals, enjoy a pillow and a decent hot shower. You will not get these for a while. I think that is a couple of the things hubby really misses, a good hot shower, a pillow and a soft bed..........well..............wait there are a lot of things he misses. He misses being outside, clothing that fits and does not itch. Good shampoo and soap. Good food and me.

I ordered hubby a nice artery clogging package as well. I will be glad when he gets it. Last year he rationed bacon to himself like it was gold.

If you are in a CCA facility there are less things on commissary than in a state prison. Honey buns are not on the list, but I can get them out of the vending machine when I visit. The big ones with the icing. Would yall believe I never had one until he went to prison.

Tims Wife

heysmom
12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
In the for what its worth department, the good time comes off the end of the sentence, it does not move the parole date.

I would not bank on spending all my time in a county jail. Seems like a state inmate can be held no more than two years at a county jail.

Eat you a few good meals, enjoy a pillow and a decent hot shower. You will not get these for a while. I think that is a couple of the things hubby really misses, a good hot shower, a pillow and a soft bed..........well..............wait there are a lot of things he misses. He misses being outside, clothing that fits and does not itch. Good shampoo and soap. Good food and me.

I ordered hubby a nice artery clogging package as well. I will be glad when he gets it. Last year he rationed bacon to himself like it was gold.

If you are in a CCA facility there are less things on commissary than in a state prison. Honey buns are not on the list, but I can get them out of the vending machine when I visit. The big ones with the icing. Would yall believe I never had one until he went to prison.

Tims Wife
To top everything else they are changing to 1% milk. My son loves cereal and he said it was like pouring water on it.