View Full Version : Hope I can stop crying - Daniel TX Prison Unit

Deez0410
11-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Well, I'm driving like 10 hours with my 2 year old granddaughter to visit my son. I am heartbroken that my son is in that place and being so afraid of prisons/jails, I hope I can stop crying this time.:o The guards were really nice to me the last two times, but it is really embarrasing to cry the whole time i am there. And my granddaughter is old enough to know what crying is this time. If anyone can say a prayer for me I'd appreciate it. This will be the first time my son will get to hold his daughter. He just got released to GP last week after spending more than a year in medium custody with behind glass visits.

:angel:God Bless to all and their loved ones.

babygurl2010
11-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Praying for peace and strength for you. In Jesus Name. With Him all things are possible.

kf'slady
11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Prayers being sent your way and may you also have a safe trip there and back.

deerwoman
11-29-2011, 10:40 AM
He will be okay at Daniel unit. My son has been there for 2 years now. They offer college course there. Why not encourage your son to take some courses and stay busy. My son got an associate degree from there. He tutors some of the guys that are taking courses. This is my philosophy on why he's there: He needed a time out in his life. He needed to get away from everything for awhile and think about his life. If he wasn't incarcerated, he might not be here today. The Creator knew the type of man he could be, but he got off track. He has the time to think about it. When the Creator sees that he is ready, he will come home. After visiting your son, browse around the stores in Colorado City. They have lot of antique stores and resale shops, if you like that. I haven't really looked around Snyder. When you are home, find a hobby or read. It doesn't make you forget but it makes the time go faster. I get my little crying spells when I miss him, but he calls home so I get to hear his voice. Last week, his 2 daughters were visiting me and he talked to them every night. They really liked that. You're strong, (we have to be, we're the MOMS), and I know you will cope. Peace be with you.

Deez0410
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank you for your kind words. I hope my son meets up with yours, he needs positive influences in his life. He just turned 23 and has been incarcerated for 3 years - 1Y2M17 days to finish his sentence. He did get his GED and last week he made GP after 16 months in medium custody, I hope I have convinced him to enroll in the computer class and carpentry after that. That should keep him busy and out of trouble. I like your analogy, and I know God never gives us any more than we can handle. I have always been strong, like you said we're MOMs, I have 4 sons, Mike is the youngest. I just have a problem with uncontrollable crying when I am helpless to help. I hope your son comes home to you and his girls soon.

God Bless and may Peace be with you also.
Denice

JAE'sWifey
11-30-2011, 05:36 AM
I'll be there this weekend for a special visit also. I hope that your visit goes well. Don't be embarrassed about crying, I have cried at plenty of visits and seen many other visitors crying too. I will pray that you have a great visit.

montysmom
11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
I know how you feel Deez, our children are always our children to us no matter how old they get. I have had my times with tears but I always do it after I have left him because I know how hard it is for him to see me upset. I remember when I saw my son at county the first time, and they said he could not come into the area (behind glass) with any other inmates in there with him, what that was about I do not know, anyway when he came in they had him shackled at the ankles, and his hands to a belt at his waist (he could barely reach the phone to pick it up) my daughter and I sat there and visited and when I got up to go and saw them taking him back I turned and was crying and my daughter said Mom you made it so far and you can make it on the elavator without him seeing you. I did make it, but it was hard to see my son being treated like some animal that could not even be with other people. He was arrested for not stopping completly at a blinking red light, and from there they turned it into a DWI, so it was not like he was some raving lunatic waving a gun around or whatever. It will be hard for you also at first but you will make it like countless Mom's have done and you will get stronger as you go along on this journey and before you know it you will be comforting another Mom that is having a hard time. We will be here for you Deez just lean on us for awhile. Blessings to you Deez.

Deez0410
12-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Well, we made it, the drive was only about 9 hours each way and my 2 year old grandaughter did great. On Saturday, she played with and kissed her daddy. On Sunday, she was not in such a great mood for the first 2 hours and would not let her daddy hold her. But then she was visiting the other tables and she finally let my son hold and play with her. She always charms the guards and they gently told her (me) she had to stay by my side. She had so much fun buying food and putting it on a tray to bring to her daddy. It was sooo good to be able to hug my son but I could tell he was hurt when she wouldn't go to him. He doesn't get that she really doesn't know him - this was the first time he has seen her not behind glass. He has had a hard young life and still has a lot of maturing to do. We stayed at the Samaritian House - What awesome people! Thank you deerwoman for sending me that way. Just FYI - the Samaritian House should have their website up and running in about a month or so - SamaritianHospitalityHouse.com. Stop by and support them - it's worth it!:thumbsup:
Anyway, thanks to all for the kind words and support.

God Bless Moms and their loved one! Merry Christmas.
Denice

deerwoman
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Deez, I am soooo glad your visit was good and everything went all right. I know how your son feels when his daughter didn't let your son hold her. My son said he almost cried when the first time he spoke to his 2nd daughter and she though she was talking with her unca Bubba. When she finally realized who she was talking to, she put the phone down and walked away. She came back though and talked with him and after that she monopolized the phone!!! That was okay, though. His youngest daughter spoke with him a little. He left about 3 weeks after she was born and she doesn't know him that well. We show pictures to her though. But after she talked with him, she told us that was her real daddy. I am hoping he will come home before they get too old. My oldest granddaughter's mother won't let her come near us.
But I am really happy for you and I'm glad you stayed at the Samaritan House. Those ladies are just adorable. They make you feel at home and the good food!!!