View Full Version : Visitation in Gatesville TX Prison Unit

kay714
11-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey yall. Im planning on visiting my penpal who is currently in Gatesville. She put me on her visitation list and i plan to make the trip in january. The only thing is I live in Boston, MA. I was wondering if anyone knew any close towns where I can find a hotel and if there was transportation to the prison without renting a car. Also I know because im coming from far away im allowed 4 hour visits instead of 2, what would I have to do to get approval for that? Thanks in advance.

msladyj75
11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey yall. Im planning on visiting my penpal who is currently in Gatesville. She put me on her visitation list and i plan to make the trip in january. The only thing is I live in Boston, MA. I was wondering if anyone knew any close towns where I can find a hotel and if there was transportation to the prison without renting a car. Also I know because im coming from far away im allowed 4 hour visits instead of 2, what would I have to do to get approval for that? Thanks in advance.

Hello how are you? i'm ok. I also have a penpal in gatesville/crain unit and will visit her next weekend (dec.2nd) i'm driving out there. it will be a 9 hour drive for me. All I know, Waco is the closest town where u can find a rental car. There are hotels in gatesville. I booked the Best Western online last week. its about 5-10 minutes from the prison. As far as 4 hour visits, you can call the monday before the weekend you plan on visiting to request a special visit. I will do that this coming monday. Hope my info helps. Have a fun visit. you can pm me if you like.

matt0071
11-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I just visited recently. You have to call the warden to get your special visit set it takes about a minute, I was looking through my letters and couldn't find the number. I'll look again later and try and find it but if I can't Your pal should know the number, mine had it so I'm sure if your pal doesn't have it already she can find it without trouble.

kay714
12-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you both so much for your help. I really apprecate it! Msladyj75 how was your visit?

msladyj75
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you both so much for your help. I really apprecate it! Msladyj75 how was your visit?

You are welcome. My visit was real nice. I visited my penpal at Crain Unit. It was very nice expect me, my daughter and the other visitors had to stand outside about an hour in the rain. The guards wouldn't let us in unless the weather would have been "real" bad:angry: They also searched and checked us outside too. This place is so unorganized. But other than that, I had a nice visit. Soon as I sat down, my friend came out in about 5 mintues. I had a special visit which was 4 hours. I only went Saturday. I may go back around Easter. Which unit are u going to? Hope you have a nice visit.
:merryx::haphols: