View Full Version : What Happens to an Inmates Property when they go to the Hole?

Kayla28
11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
My friend was sent to the hole and I want to know what will happen to all of the stuff in his room? Will his roommate steal it? Will they let him take it? Does it get put in his property? I sent him some 'photos' and I am terrified they'll get sent around!

fbopnomore
11-22-2011, 06:23 PM
If the guard is doing his job and gets there first, the property will be inventoried, stored and given back to him when he gets out of the hole. It's not unheard of for property to disappear though.

Kayla28
11-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm just terrified that the pics that I sent him will be spread around or used against me in a court case. they're all naught pics on me in my bra and underwear:( I regret them now so IDK what to do!!

patrick88
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
By policy, but we all know it doesnt always happen, when an inmate gets locked up in the shu they are supposed to lock his cell and a co is supposed to pack and inventory his property. After a few days (in most cases) he willbe pulled out into the property room at the shu and go through his stuff. BUT like I said it doesnt always happen.
Also, some institutions (usually the USP's) have a unofficial policy (and it depends upon the co's working his unit) that let his cell mate pack it for him (so that they can hide the contraband items and saves the co work).
If he has a good cellie, nothing will come up missing. But.....
I'm sure your photos wont be passed around, if he's in a USP thats just asking for trouble...not need to comment on that....

Kayla28
12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
He is in a USP. I hope that nothing happens. I am worried though. I have paranoia lol

greyghost
01-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Patrick was pretty acurate in how he described things. As for the picts being passed around (IF they come up missing) will not happen in a USP. There are rules and then unwritten rules in every prison (esp a USP). Any inmate that took another inmate's personal pictures and then passed them around would not last long in a USP. Other inmate's wouldn't put up with it. And typically in a USP, the cellie 'usually' (but not always) will look after this cellmate.

OregonReform
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Guards are supposed to inventory and bag it and then it goes to the Property Officer.... In some cases property will be stolen by other inmates before it gets inventoried. If the prisoner has friends in his Units they will likely "look out for him" and watch his locker until the guard gets it inventoried and out of the Unit.