View Full Version : Cmcf 2

khlewis
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm writing a letter to a new inmate at CMCF, and on the inmate search for MDOC, it says he's in CMCF 2. Is this what unit I write on the envelope? Under CMCF?

I was also reading that CMCF 2 is for those who have medical needs.... what sort of unit is this??

Thank you in advance!!! I'm new to this.

blkstorm
11-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm writing a letter to a new inmate at CMCF, and on the inmate search for MDOC, it says he's in CMCF 2. Is this what unit I write on the envelope? Under CMCF?

I was also reading that CMCF 2 is for those who have medical needs.... what sort of unit is this??

Thank you in advance!!! I'm new to this.
Hi and welcome. If I am not mistaken, CMCF2 is where new inmates are taken which is often referred to as quick bed. When writing him you will need his mdoc # his bed # and I think his unit #. It is best for you to call and ask for the correct format. I hope I have helped somewhàt and please forgive me if I told you something wrong. This is a great place to find info but ask anything you need because there is sure to be someone on here who knows the answer. My husband just made it into the system at cmcf in August and he was moved to his permanent place in September where he will be until his release.

khlewis
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you so much for responding - See, I only have his MDOC# and the info that he is in CMCF 2. I tried calling today - but I guess since it's Sunday, I shouldn't have expected them to answer. I'll try again tomorrow, but I don't know if they'd provide me with that kind of information (Bed/Unit/Zone) over the phone. do you know?

blkstorm
11-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Thank you so much for responding - See, I only have his MDOC# and the info that he is in CMCF 2. I tried calling today - but I guess since it's Sunday, I shouldn't have expected them to answer. I'll try again tomorrow, but I don't know if they'd provide me with that kind of information (Bed/Unit/Zone) over the phone. do you know?

Oh yes they will tell you the info. Just tell them you want to know how to address the envelope and you need his information

userName1989
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
what's the number to call?

NikNak88
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Here's the info you need :)

Central Mississippi Correctional Facility
Post Office Box 88550
Pearl, MS 39208

(601) 932-2880

The Central Mississippi Correctional Facility (CMCF) was established in 1986 and constructed in Rankin County, MS. CMCF is located on 171 acres and includes thirteen housing units with a capacity of 3,425 beds. Offenders sentenced to the Mississippi Department of Corrections are brought to CMCF where they are processed through the Receiving and Classification unit. Each offender is thoroughly screened and tested for STD, HIV, and other medical conditions, provided a psychiatric evaluation and questioned regarding their educational level. The results of these tests, along with the offender’s conviction and institutional behavior, help establish the classification of each inmate.

Of the three state prisons, CMCF is the only facility to house female inmates. CMCF houses females classified to all custody levels, including A and B custody (minimum and medium security), C and D custody (maximum security) and death row. All female offenders sentenced to death are housed at CMCF.

The prison also houses minimum and medium security male offenders (A and B custody), as well as some maximum security offenders (C custody). All male offenders sentenced to death are housed at the Mississippi State Penitentiary.

CMCF I has opened a full-service hair salon for the female offenders call the Hair Zone.

CMCF III is a special needs facility for male offenders who have medical or physical conditions that require special treatment. CMCF III was the first state facility to achieve American Correctional Association (ACA) accreditation.

CMCF inmates provided more than 192,920 hours of free inmate labor at the end of June 2007 to adjacent municipalities and counties, as well as assisting other state agencies.

All incoming mail must be addressed as:

Inmate Name & MDOC Number

Current Housing Unit

Institution/Facility Name

Institution/Facility Address

City, State, ZIP

and must include a return address with the following information:

Senders Name

Current Address

City, State, ZIP

Sent from Nikkol's handy dandy iPad! ♪ Say it, forget it....write it, regret it.... ♪

userName1989
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
i set up an account at access corrections and am trying to set up an account so that she can call me, is access corrections reliable because her inmate number is right, but birthday is wrong, and how do i set up a calling account so she may call me?

blkstorm
02-08-2012, 12:38 AM
To set up an account, you will need a credit or debit card in most cases. I believe there is an option to bill you for the calls, but I am not sure of the specifics. I have a Comcast landline, so I am not able to choose that option. The access corrections website should guide you through the setup process. As long as your payment goes through she should be able to call you. One more thing, when she gets settled, she has to add numbers to a phone list, which she must turn in. Make sure the number she is calling you at is a good one, because I don't think they make it easy to change numbers at the facility and I think you can only do it every 6 months. I hope this helps!

userName1989
02-08-2012, 08:32 AM
yes it has thanks. i set up the account for my number and sent her a message thru access corrections so, if she is getting my messages hopefully ahead will call me this weekend or whatever day it ostensibly they get to use the phones

userName1989
02-08-2012, 08:59 AM
also, when are they allowed to use the phones?