View Full Version : a "novel" for my friends...

strongernow
04-23-2004, 08:51 AM
ok here goes nothin'!
I have been away from the computer for a couple days now and i wanted to catch everyone up on what has been going on with me. So let's rewind to Tuesday...
Tuesday is the night that Chris called and told me I was approved for visitation, finally! Oh happy day :) But then to ruin the entire phone call he started getting onto me about how I never write that much anymore since I went back to work and yada yada yada. Which, by the way, I do still write him a good bit, I send mail 3 times a week and they are usually pretty long and always have pictures of the kids and I try to send a card once a week, too. Anyway, so this puts a damper on the whole conversation because I am trying to justify myself to him explaining that I am back to work fulltime, have 2 kids now and the house, yard, etc. Then he starts about what it makes him think/feel like when he doesn't get mail.... that I may be unhappy and looking elsewhere. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! We haven't gone through this in a while, so I had to let him have an earful about how stupid that is and how much I love him... blah blah blah. I'm sure many of you ladies know what I am talking about.

Wednesday night I got into a bit of an argument with my ex-husband/son's biological father. Somehow he always has a way of saying something really hurtful and harsh at the wrong time. Without getting into deep detail of the conversation, I will sum it up to him making a low blow at Chris being in prison. So then I was very upset for the rest of the night. As all of you know, the day before (Tuesday) I was on cloud 9 because I am finally approved for visitation. Now I am of course still ecstatic about this, but then I started thinking about how long it has been since I have seen the love of my life, the father of my daughter, my soulmate, my fiance, my best friend & lover.... and all of a sudden I am FURIOUS. I am sitting here thinking about how messed up the correctional system is and how ridiuclous it is to think the last time Chris saw me I was 6 months pregnant. So then I'm just in a foul mood... I didn't answer the phone all night when it rang, I just spent time with the kids, got them to bed and then sat and watched T.V. while I had a little pity party for myself, which does not happen very often. I felt like crap. I cried and cried and finally fell asleep on the couch.

Yesterday I wake up, get me and the kids ready and off to the sitter and work. Everything seems like it is going to be ok. I was swamped at work and around 11 a.m. this terrible headache hits me out of no where. It was so bad I couldn't even concentrate on my work, look at my computer or anything. My eyes kept watering and I started feeling sick to my stomach. So I went to lunch with a friend at work, thinking maybe I just needed to eat since I didn't get breakfast that morning. Well, right away after eating lunch I knew that wasn't going to do it. I felt even worse. Then nausea kicked in. Lord have mercy, I would rather be sick and get it over with than have that gross feeling all day. It got worse and worse as the rest of the afternoon went on. I finished what I could at work and made it a bout half way home and had to stop to be sick twice on the way home... lovely. Then I finally get to the babysitter's to pick up my sweeties and end up getting sick at her house. So I sit there until i feel better and then come home. Thank God for my neighbors who have become family to me since Chris has been gone, they came and took Dylan (my 3 yo son) for a while so I could sleep with the baby. I slept for a while but woke and had to be sick again. I ended up having my friend Ashley come over last night and stay with me because I have obviously come down with a flu bug of some sort, I have never puked so much before! So I called in to work this morning because I was up all night sick. Then I got the kids ready this morning and went ahead and took them to the sitter so I can stay home and rest all day.
So here I am now. I just took my sheets down to the basement to throw them in the washer and I didn't see one of the sheets hanging down and I tripped on it and fell down the last 2 stairs!!! I swear it's always something. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to slow it down a little bit.
Sorry I have been distant, please know that you guys are on my mind and I hope you all are doing as well as possible. I miss you guys :) I'm going to take a nap but I will be around later.
Thanks for listening....

Charliesgirl
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Boy!! When it rains it pours.....I am so sorry you have been having a hard time..This is one time when I wish we all lived closer to each other,so we could all get together and vent it all out.You know,girls, with the choclate,ice cream, the works.. Stronger..you know we are all here for you at any time....I do hope you are feeling a little better each day.... May GOD bring you much deserved happiness and joy to your life!!! You are an amazing woman... Take CAre of yourself...

MRSMAZE
04-23-2004, 09:11 AM
(((Patience))),

I am so glad that you are finally approved to visit!!! How about the baby? I Hope so...It is also a good idea that the kids are with the sitter today...if Mommy is sick, the household doesn't function...Personally, when bad things happen to me, they happen in three's...Just think positively and hopefully you can rest and start feeling better soon..I know it can be annoying when they complain that we aren't writing/doing enough for them, and we feel that we might burst trying to keep everything functioning at home along with making/keeping their emotional well-being strong...hang in there :) Keep being a good Mom and supportive girlfriend...

Jennifer_04
04-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey stronger......just wanted to tell you to hang in there cause you know it'll get better soon. Maybe God is telling you to slow down,ya never know. At any rate, take care of yourself today and feel better!!

God Bless!!!

strongernow
04-23-2004, 12:54 PM
thank you to everyone.
Just a little update on my "mystery illness"...

my friend at work that I went out to lunch with yesterday just called me... from her house.. LOL... we are both out sick today! Why? We both ate the same thing for lunch! She went to the doc and it's FOOD POISONING!!!!! Ack!!!!
No wonder why I feel like such boo baa! LOL

mrskendrick2you
04-23-2004, 02:31 PM
awww... my buddy needs a hug. To bad I don't have one to offer! LOL just kidding. ((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))!!

So on top of not feeling well you get food posioning...! Girl who you pissed off?! LMAO Somebody has it out for you. Nah I'm just kidding.

Well I hope that you are feeling better today. Well you being sick did give you a chance to get some rest (even if not much). Welcome back. We missed you girl!

Take it easy until you feel whole again!

MrsMalcom
04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey girl - we have missed you on yahoo - you have been "napping" for 2 days!! The good news about food poisening is that is usually passes over in a day or two. I hope you feel better.

Been there - done that with the sheet thing... only I fell and ROLLED like 6 steps. Now, I throw the sheets down the stairs, then go down, and kick them the rest of the way.

Hope we see you later.....

J

LORNA
04-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Glad you are back, hope you are feeling 100% better really soon. Things will be MUCH brighter after you've seen your honey.