View Full Version : How long before eligible for parole?

iluvjack
11-05-2011, 10:53 AM
How much time do you serve before you are eligible for parole?

Cara1947
11-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Depends on the charges and the state in which time is being served.

Someone will jump in with specific info. We have state forums which can often provide more "where the rubber meets the road" details.

Welcome to PTO

iluvjack
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
My husband got sentenced 5 years...he's been in jail for 6 months... just curious how much of the 5 years he will have to do....if anyone could please answer

iluvjack
11-05-2011, 11:00 AM
He just in Texas....the charges were evading and burglary of a building

MrsBDavis
11-05-2011, 09:19 PM
He will be eligible for parole after about 7-8 months which is pretty soon for him. My babe was sentenced to 5 yrs on Aug 4 but has been in since March 11 and just caught chain Oct 19 he's eligible for parole Nov 9.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

iluvjack
11-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Thank you so much for the info

asmom
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
He will be eligible for parole after about 7-8 months which is pretty soon for him. My babe was sentenced to 5 yrs on Aug 4 but has been in since March 11 and just caught chain Oct 19 he's eligible for parole Nov 9.

Is the PED calculated from the day of the sentence or the day of the arrest? I guess my question is do the days in county prior to sentence count towards parole eligibility? Thank you for any information.

MrsBDavis
12-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Is the PED calculated from the day of the sentence or the day of the arrest? I guess my question is do the days in county prior to sentence count towards parole eligibility? Thank you for any information.

It all depends if the sentencing judge granted him time served. If he was then every day he did will count towards his PED.

Mrs.Hughes
12-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Just went to court and he got 19 mos time served and so he has a year and a half nd a month off of his four year sentence. And he goes up for parole next month. Has he done a 3rd of his sentence or what?

JPrasil
12-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Just went to court and he got 19 mos time served and so he has a year and a half nd a month off of his four year sentence. And he goes up for parole next month. Has he done a 3rd of his sentence or what?

They calculate it is a four year sentence and will backdate the time served. So, he will be have 29 months of his sentence to serve.

Parole Eligibility will be at 12 months and if you add good time into it sooner. So, he will be parole eligible upon entering TDCJ. He will go through the Parole Review process/answer from the parole bard will take an estimate 4 to 6 months.

If he is denied parole then he will come up for parole for his short-way/mandatory supervision/projected release date. They will vote on this and make a decision up to 30 days before his projected release date. I believe he may already be close to his projected release date so it really depends how the parole board votes on his parole that will determine his projected release date.

If he is not granted this projected release date/mandatory supervision date/short-way then he will be set-off for a year and come up for parole every year until he is released.

If he is voted yes on parole and/or his mandatory supervision/short-way/projected release date then he will do according to how the board voted on him. There are several voting options the parole board has - from immediate release to taking classes/programs and being released upon completion.

Good luck!

Mrs.Hughes
12-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you

Mrs.Hughes
01-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Happy new year

RobinsMan
01-03-2012, 03:13 PM
He is immediately eligible for parole but what is more interesting, if he is eligible for Release to Mandatory Supervision, is that he will also be pretty damn close to his PRD which should be after serving roughly 22 months. He could almost have made it to TDC too late for them to block his release on that day but unless the county ends up being about a month - maybe a little more - slow in getting his committment papers to TDC they will learn about him just in time.