View Full Version : Which cell phone carriers allow your inmate to call you?

lookingforward
11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
My friend has tried every way from Sunday to call me on my cell phone using his prepaid account. He consistently gets a message that my number will not accept these "types" of calls. Everyone at the DOC and the phone service they use insists the problem is at my end. My cell phone provider is AT&T. When I call AT& T they keep telling me the phone can't accept "collect calls" and I have to use a service like *********.com. I can't seem to get it through to them this is not a collect call, but after talking to them I think that the system will always treat it as a collect call.

So, if your inmate in the Colorado DOC can call your cell phone, please let me know who your provider is so I can move over to them.

Thanks in advance.

nancyginnm
11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I have had Verizon for several years and have not had a problem until recently (dropping calls). My mother-in-law also has Verizon and hasn't had problems getting calls from my husband.

missdebbie92025
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I have verizon and no problems here.I get every call.

Her_Man
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Have both Verizon and TMobile phones and no problem with either cell phone.

seansbabyluv
11-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I had AT&T the first time and Sprint this time with no issues at all. You need to make sure he's not trying to call you collect instead of prepaid. He has to dial "1" to make a prepaid call or "2" to make a collect call. Usually if Sean was out of phone time and it was urgent he would call collect. There's a recording that YOU can hear that says to call and add money to the collect account so you can talk. That's the only thing I can think of that's causing the issue.

HappyNLove
11-05-2011, 08:27 AM
I have Verizon and have never had any problems.

Luvmyman11
11-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I have tmobile and never had any problems with accepting my husbands prepaid or collect calls.

agoodwoman318
11-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I have Verizon & I KNOW Metro PCS can

leighmarker
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I have verizon and also google voice forwarded to home and cell (cheaper than out of state cost) no prob

lookingforward
11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks, everyone. I think I have pinpointed the problem to find my friend or someone else in the process has mixed up the numbers in his phone list, so it's not AT&T but the fact that my actual number is not on his phone list and some number close to it is on the list.
As it is, my friend was transferred to High Desert State Prison in Nevada this week. Don't expect word from him for a while because of the move. I expect this move will be good for him, as they have a program there that he could not get in Colorado. I'll still be lurking on the Colorado boards, but Colorado DOC will have jurisdiction over him while Nevada will have custody of him.