View Full Version : SCF - Sterling Correctional Facility

seansbabyluv
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
At this time all visits and programs at SCF have been cancelled until further notice.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19147664?source=rss

snowblind
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I talked to my guy at Sterling yesterday. He said that there are two gangs fighting and its been going on for awhile. He's in Unit 2. In fact, we were supposed to talk again today, but he thought the prison would be going on lock down. So, "they" do know what's going on regardless of what the newspaper says... But, thanks for letting us know, Cindy.. I was wondering.

seansbabyluv
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
No problem although not sure about the comment about what the inmates know and what the newspaper said. DP didn't say anything about that.

Luvmyman11
10-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Talked to my man and he said they were off lockdown and that there were visiting.

snowblind
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks.. My guy was in unit 2 though and they didn't get off lock down until yesterday - the 25th. Crazy...

angelbaby134713
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Its just living unit 1 pod A and B are lockdown still they don't get visits my man was involved in the gang fight up there.

snowblind
10-27-2011, 07:59 AM
What unit is your guy in? The gang fight must have been really bad to be locked down for so long - after CSP, my guy is really over being locked down.. :(

Luvmyman11
10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Mine is in unit 4

angelbaby134713
10-27-2011, 10:54 PM
My man was is unit 1 now in the hole cuz of that riot so he is unit 5

snowblind
10-28-2011, 09:27 AM
My guy is in unit 2 so while he was not involved in the gang fight, he was in one of the units that was under the magnifying glass.

angelbaby134713
10-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't see why sterling mixed northsiders and southsiders together knowing they are goin to fight and that is what they were doin even bunkin them together

jessitlv
11-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Wow I can't believe this is true. On October 19th Milyard, the warden at Sterling, met with several shotcallers in CSP including my boyfriend. He selected them to go to Sterling to take control of their people and get everyone settled down. He said the younger gang members were acting like "kids when daddy's not home" and he needed to put the shotcallers back on the yard. My boyfriend got to Sterling October 28th and is in Unit 2. I was so happy he was out of ad seg and I'm getting a contact visit in December, but reading this makes me nervous.

Luvmyman11
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
This doesnt happen that often, as compared to some other facilities. I started visiting at Sterling since March 2011, and during that time, i believe visits had been cancelled twice - that im aware of.
As for the warden, there is no warden for Sterling. Last i heard, DeChapelain was acting warden.
SCF is strict as far as visits goes, but overall, its not bad.

jessitlv
11-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Well I'm certainly glad to hear it doesn't happen often! I'd prefer he had stayed in CSP.

I double checked the letter my boyfriend sent me with this info and you're right, his name is Milyard but he is the Deputy Director of the CDOC. I don't know why I was thinking warden.

Luvmyman11
11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Haha no problem! My honey is in Unit 4. I asked him if SCF got a warden yet and he said that he had not heard anything yet about that, so who knows.

Luvmyman11
11-21-2011, 08:10 PM
i was there just this weekend. I like to joke with my honey that when i come visit, its the most action i get, with all the patdowns i get!!

jessitlv
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm visiting Sterling for the first time on the 9, 10, and 11th. I also fly from the East Coast to visit him. I'm so excited because this is our first contact visit after all these years he's been in CSP! Did you like the hotel you stayed in? Is there anything fun to do in Sterling? I plan on finding a karaoke bar. I'll be there Thursday night to Monday morning.

Luvmyman11
11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Let me guess, red hair lady guard? She never smiles, though its my mission to get her to crack a smile at least once!!

Shes always in a bad mood for some reason. Oh well :-)

Luvmyman11
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Jessitlv, Sterling is SMALL!! I stayed at the Ramada Inn and it was decent. I enjoyed the hot tub and the bar lounge thats in the hotel. If you go to the Welcome Center, theres a coupon for Ramada for $69.99 but theres always deals online too.
I will be in Sterling the 2-3rd so ill most likely stay at the Ramada again.

snowblind
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Where ever I go, I always like to support the small motels rather than the chains. Small business is the back bone of America. I made a reservation at one in Sterling and it was less than $50. I like to go out for breakfast and again support a local business. Normally the foods better too - and its still less than the Ramada. Just saying... :)

Luvmyman11
11-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Well i used to stay qt the Colonial Inn, cheap and a small local motel but considering that i do a lot of work online, the motel didnt offer wi-fi and i dont know of other locally owned motels that offer wi-fi. Any suggestions? I only go once a month, for 2 days (Fri and Sat), so suggestions are helpful :-)

jessitlv
11-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm staying at the Colonial too. It's the cheapest place in town and I like the little Ma and Pop motels better. I'm staying 4 nights so it gets expensive. I like to get a feel for the town and find a place the locals like to get a coffee for breakfast. I would stay in Florence when I went to CSP and I had a blast! Doesn't look like there's a lot going on in Sterling though. Is there snow on the ground in December?

Luvmyman11
11-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Im not sure about that area of Colorado. Areas closer to mountains gets a lot of snow but that area, im not sure. My man said that last year, it was mild so who knows about this year. I live in the desert of Colorado, haha, so we barely get snow here and when it does snow, its gone within a day! Im hoping theres no snow the first weekend of Dec - when i will be there!

Lafonda707
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey everyone.....my husband arrived in Sterling today--he has been at Crowley for over a year, so we're kind of concerned with any changes we might come across. Any advice for visitation? I am only an hour and a half away, so that is a HUGE difference from being four hours away like when he was at Crowley. I just want to make sure there's nothing majorly different I need to be aware of. What color do they wear there? I made the mistake of wearing a green shirt to Crowley, which was dumb because I knew they all wear green lol. Any advice would be helpful!

Luvmyman11
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
You cant wear green, orange, or Orange. Depending on what unit he is, hours are different. SCF is pretty strict on their clothibg attire so neckline must be 2 fingers from notch of throat, and no tight clothes. No mesh clothes either. Scf has their own machine for a card for the vending machines. Anything else im forgetting? Im a hour and half from Crowley but 4 hours from SCF!

Lafonda707
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
That's perfect! I have a special section in my closet for what I call my "visit clothes" lol. I am sending my visitation application tomorrow--thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll see you there :)

snowblind
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Back to the lodging in Sterling - I know I like to have internet when I go places. If you tell the motel owner you wont stay there unless they get internet perhaps they will look into it. Perhaps a coffee shop would have the internet in Sterling though I know its nice to have it in the motel room. But look up motels in Sterling on the internet - and call and ask if they have internet. Or perhaps you can pick up a signal from somewhere else while staying at the motel. I have to do that at my brother-in-laws - they won't give me the "secret" code!!