View Full Version : How much time I do off a 4 flat

davinci23
10-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey i'm taking a plea for a 4 flat on second and third degree charges. This is my first offends and I don't have a violent crime. It is white collar crime and I'm a college student, that have some time in from nov.-march in the county before i bailed out. how much time i do off a 4 flat and will i be credit for my time in

njwm
10-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey i'm taking a plea for a 4 flat on second and third degree charges. This is my first offends and I don't have a violent crime. It is white collar crime and I'm a college student, that have some time in from nov.-march in the county before i bailed out. how much time i do off a 4 flat and will i be credit for my time in

Is that the first offer you got? You're out on bail so it should be easier for you to stick it out and try to get the best deal possible. Are you using a PD or a paid attorney?

A 4 flat for a first time white collar offense sounds a bit harsh (even with the 2nd degree charges). Can you get ISP? Is PTI totally off the table for you?

To answer your question, I believe you would do 1/3 of that time before parole. What county is your offense?

davinci23
10-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Is that the first offer you got? You're out on bail so it should be easier for you to stick it out and try to get the best deal possible. Are you using a PD or a paid attorney?

A 4 flat for a first time white collar offense sounds a bit harsh (even with the 2nd degree charges). Can you get ISP? Is PTI totally off the table for you?

To answer your question, I believe you would do 1/3 of that time before parole. What county is your offense?

Yes this is the first offer they throw at me, cause at first i paid fees for PTI but got rejected.. Yea I can get ISP but i dont live in jersey. I'm from new york. i'm using a paid lawyer. yes PTI is off the table, they have 5 co defends including me. 3 of them have bench warrants and the 4th one she got PTI. If i dont take the plea we go to trail, idk wat to do. the county is atlantic county

njwm
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes this is the first offer they throw at me, cause at first i paid fees for PTI but got rejected.. Yea I can get ISP but i dont live in jersey. I'm from new york. i'm using a paid lawyer. yes PTI is off the table, they have 5 co defends including me. 3 of them have bench warrants and the 4th one she got PTI. If i dont take the plea we go to trail, idk wat to do. the county is atlantic county

I know exactly what you're going through and I wish you the best of luck with everything. How happy are you with your current lawyer? Did he propose a counter offer to the prosecutor and how solid is their case? If you're not happy with your lawyer you can always have a change of attorney and that will help to postpone your case. The older the better.

I'm not familiar with the court system in Atlantic county, but I know a lot of NJ depends on how well your attorney knows the prosecutor.

If you're enrolled in school you should try to get work-release or bracelet.

How long has your case been going on? Did they deny PTI because you live in NY, the prosecutor objected, or because of the 2nd degrees?

njwm
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I just realized that you already have like 3-4 months in so maybe you might just get time served or get paroled out right away, but check with your attorney and see what they say.

ForMyBoy
10-15-2011, 07:10 AM
A 2nd degree and a 3rd degree-doubtful it'll be time served. And there's a mimumium of 9 months 26 days that must be served before parole eligibity. And probation isn't really realistic either with a 2nd degree as guidelines do call for prison time. So I think that rules out any work release or bracelet.
The time served in county will count towards that.
The actual sentencing guidelines for a 2nd degree alone is 5-10 years and a 3rd is 3-5 years. So a 4 flat seems reasonable considering but I would consult your lawyer and see if he has made a counteroffer. But you said you are accepting their offer, right?
How much time you'll actually serve on a 4 flat is somewhat hard to pinpoint. It depends on your time off for status, work credits and good time.(that automatically credited at the beginning of your sentence-you'll lose it if you get into trouble)
Best of luck.

bean123
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
a good rough estimate is that you will serve 9 months for every year you are sentenced. this is based off of medium security status. if you are classified as minimum you will serve more like 7 1/2 months for ever year of your sentence if you should max out.

as formy said, you have to serve 9 mo 26 days before you are eligible for parole. your time in county will count towards your sentence.

you can apply for ISP immediately but if the judge or prosecutor objects to ISP they can make you serve 6 months in prison before you are eligible to apply for ISP. i am not 100% certain if your county time would count towards the 6 months or if it has to be prison time. prior to sentencing the prosecutor and judge will usually state on he record if they would object to ISP since something like that may or may no sway your decision to take the plea.

illuminate me
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
a good rough estimate is that you will serve 9 months for every year you are sentenced. this is based off of medium security status. if you are classified as minimum you will serve more like 7 1/2 months for ever year of your sentence if you should max out.

as formy said, you have to serve 9 mo 26 days before you are eligible for parole. your time in county will count towards your sentence.

you can apply for ISP immediately but if the judge or prosecutor objects to ISP they can make you serve 6 months in prison before you are eligible to apply for ISP. i am not 100% certain if your county time would count towards the 6 months or if it has to be prison time. prior to sentencing the prosecutor and judge will usually state on he record if they would object to ISP since something like that may or may no sway your decision to take the plea.

If while on isp in nj and you get a new case in ny and bail out in 24 hrs will isp find out and what can happen