View Full Version : How do you cheer up your man?

Angeleyezob
10-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I got a call tonight and he was having a really bad day and sounded like he was having a rough time. He wanted me to tell him something to cheer him up and all I could say was that I miss him and that he is stronger than any person I know and he can get through this. I don't know if I helped though. Is there anything you ladies do to make your man feel better or something you say when he is having a bad day? I don't want him to think I can't cheer him up when he needs it...

futureperry
10-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I bring up an inside joke.. Or talk about how important he is to me.. What he's done for me... Why I love him.. Why I want him.. Our future.. I bring up good memories from our past.. But... There are times when I am depressed too, and we kinda just sit there together and breathe and tell each other that we love one another... And... Other times I just ask him to talk it out with him... Tell him that it would make me feel very special if he would feel comfortable to tell me what's on his mind and what has gotten him so down... Very rarely do I try to completely deter his thought process and have him focus on other things, by asking him random questions.. Telling him someone off the wall from the day or week... I don't do that too often tho.. Bc with my babe, he shouldn't bottle his thoughts up...

ShanaMoore
10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I bring up an inside joke.. Or talk about how important he is to me.. What he's done for me... Why I love him.. Why I want him.. Our future.. I bring up good memories from our past.. But... There are times when I am depressed too, and we kinda just sit there together and breathe and tell each other that we love one another... And... Other times I just ask him to talk it out with him... Tell him that it would make me feel very special if he would feel comfortable to tell me what's on his mind and what has gotten him so down... Very rarely do I try to completely deter his thought process and have him focus on other things, by asking him random questions.. Telling him someone off the wall from the day or week... I don't do that too often tho.. Bc with my babe, he shouldn't bottle his thoughts up...

I do this exactly! :)

taraadele18
10-11-2011, 06:47 AM
I talk about great memories, how important he is to me, what our future looks like, I let him him vent to me about anything, I don't let him get away with not telling me everything. He already tells me everything. Something's He doesn't even need to tell me. I'm a goofy person. So it's pretty easy to make him laugh. :) and when he does laugh I make sure to tell him that it means ALOT to hear the laughter in your voice!

Heliba
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I went through this with my bf a week or so ago. I tried to remind him that this is only a temporary situation, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and things can only get better from here. One of 'our' songs is the Wedding Song by Joey Gregorish, and one of the lines in that song is 'The Pain Today....Is the Joy Tomorrow'. So, we often say that to each other.
Also, my bf is a very strong person - mentally, so last week, I reminded him of that, and I told him not to let those 'wahoos' get to him! He thought that was pretty funny!
So, I don't know what to suggest, other than trying to think of something that you know he will find funny and will make him smile.
I know how you're feeling though, it's very hard to accept being so helpless out here on the 'outside'!
Hope he feels better soon!

Angeleyezob
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I wrote him a letter last night after work giving him as much hope as I could and sent it out this morning. I know that he won't get it for at least another two days but just knowing that he will get it eventually helps me feel a little bit better. He is always making me feel better and he constantly tells me that I give him hope and am the bright light to his day, so I'm hoping that he still believes that and knows I'm here.
Next week I'm crossing my fingers for a better call.