View Full Version : How To Get Married in Washington (CRAF)

runt
11-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Please read below for an explanation :D mrs. d

Well i looked in the wedding section but dident see any Ministers, Reverend Raspberry is great she does the counseling and all. Very reasonably priced and very Nice, So if you are in the Everett are and need a prison wedding she is great. im constanly asked about good ministers Just thought id share. she said it was ok to share her info.
removed personal information per policy
:idea:

kellil
11-21-2003, 04:50 PM
thatsawesome. I know a couple in stafford creek that want to get married but have had problems finding someone to marry them.

wyresgirl
12-20-2003, 12:48 PM
i know a pastor in monroe that is good... hit me up for the info and i will try to get back asap

oh and before i forget

RUNT I LOVE YOU!!!!!! LOLOLOL CONGRATS DEAR!!!!!

mrsdragoness
12-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Here's a discussion from the Washington State forum. We will add more information as we get it.

mrs. d

KristiJean7
01-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey, I saw your answer to a post and it mentioned Stafford Creek and that's where my guy is at. I was wondering if your friend who's guy in there wanted to talk, I would really appreciate it because I might be doing something like that. Thank you :)
Kristi

TNC
04-20-2004, 12:42 AM
The process is not exactly the same for all of the institutions in the State of Washington but very close.

1. There is a marriage packet that each partner needs to complete in order
to be eligible for marriage.

2. The process for all marriages is for the completed packet to go to the
Superintendent or their designee for approval.

3. Some Chaplains do provide pre-marriage counseling however in most
institutions the couple is required to have documentation of counseling from
an outside source.

4. In most cases the couple must provide their own clergy person or other
person authorized to perform marriages.

5. The couple is not allowed to spend any time alone and weddings and all
activities associated with the marriage take place in the visiting area or
the institution chapel.

6. Some institutions have provided a camera for pictures. Other have
authorized disposable cameras. Other do not authorize pictures to be taken.

7. It is up to the person who officiates at the wedding to make sure all
the paperwork is completed properly.

I hope this helps. If you need any further information feel free to contact
me.

Dan Williams
Religious Program Manager
PO Box 41126
Olympia, WA 98504-1126

eyeluvjose
04-16-2005, 05:47 AM
The process is not exactly the same for all of the institutions in the State of Washington but very close.

an outside source.

the institution chapel.

me.

Dan Williams
PO Box 41126
Olympia, WA 98504-1126

You have helped ALOT...ty so much

Gonnie
07-11-2005, 10:25 AM
I married my husband in CBCC Washington
When you have questions please ask, I wane try to help as far as I can, hugs.........

Lala_Lili
07-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm in Yakima County and I can travel to do weddings. I can do them by proxy, I can have you in person and your sweetie can call and say your vows together, I can work with you on things, go ahead and call me, I'm glad to provide this service....I wish I had one when my hubby was locked up but no luck! We got married when he was released and now that he is back in I am just glad we are married! Call me, Lala (509) 305-0193

casenova
08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
how would we get married if he is in the hole and cant have visits eveb

kevskeptsecret
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
My guy is in Cedar Creek Wasington state and I want to know if there is anyone that has been married there? I know the Chaplin is Houston and I have a call into the Chaplin but nothing yet cause it is the weekend. Not to sure when he will call. Does anyone know the time frame it takes to get the paperwork all approved and the amount of time to get a date for the wedding? Will they give you one or can you select a time to have it done? Humm,,What about witnesses? Do they provide someone or do you bring someone that is on the approved visit list? His parents are in CA and they cant just come at a drop of the hat. We have to make sure that hey have a little notice for travel as his dad is not doing well. All these questions and so much more, AHHHHHH.. Enough to make a sain person silly..

kevskeptsecret
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Please read below for an explanation :D mrs. d

Well i looked in the wedding section but dident see any Ministers, Reverend Raspberry is great she does the counseling and all. Very reasonably priced and very Nice, So if you are in the Everett are and need a prison wedding she is great. im constanly asked about good ministers Just thought id share. she said it was ok to share her info.
(425) 353-7250
:idea:
Thanks, I have been trying to get info cause I have not been successful getting ahold of anyone at the prison to help with this. maybe soon the Chaplin will call with the info...I am hopeful..

HONE3YDYPPZ
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
so does anyone have any info about wash. state pen. marriages?

GallowaysGirl
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
my fiance is currently in WSP and we have been planning on getting married for a while. We dont however want to get married through the prison. Does any one have any info on how we can accomplish this??? Im almost in tears trying to find someone to marry us.

Ronae
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello,
I saw your post and am wondering if you are still in business.
Ronae
I'm in Yakima County and I can travel to do weddings. I can do them by proxy, I can have you in person and your sweetie can call and say your vows together, I can work with you on things, go ahead and call me, I'm glad to provide this service....I wish I had one when my hubby was locked up but no luck! We got married when he was released and now that he is back in I am just glad we are married! Call me, Lala (509) 305-0193

NewKidOnTheBlok
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
My fiance is going to be transferred as soon as next Tuesday to Benton county, he won't be going to prison. I was wondering if anyone knew if the process for getting married in county jail is any different than prison marriages in WA. We already have a possible minister to do the ceremony but other than that neither of us is clear on the procedures, costs, or even what we need to be working on. Finding helpful information has been a little difficult. Benton County is about a 3 hour drive for me so any information to get this going would be greatly appreciated.

Rar's wife
03-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm wondering if any one has been married at CRCC (coyote ridge)? I want to surprise my hubby and finally get married. Does any one know how to get the proper forms? or know who to talk to? Also wondering if I would be eligable for conjugal visits we have been together 6.5 years june is our 7th year together. thanks :)

ellie206
03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
anyone know how to get married in kingcounty jail??

NC_Dragon
04-06-2010, 11:24 PM

I was wondering whether or not you still perform proxy weddings??:confused: Please pm me if you do. Thank you.:)

MSMARV
04-08-2010, 02:07 AM
My friend does weddings in Washington state DOC & county jails was ordained in 2002 if you need the number let me know.. :thumbsup:

MSMARV
04-08-2010, 02:08 AM
anyone know how to get married in kingcounty jail??

i know this chic who can do them in king county!

MSMARV
04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
I was wondering whether or not you still perform proxy weddings??:confused: Please pm me if you do. Thank you.:)

FYI - Proxy weddings are only allowed in a few states and Washington is not one of them.. sorry!

NC_Dragon
04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
FYI - Proxy weddings are only allowed in a few states and Washington is not one of them.. sorry!

Thank you very much. I wonder why that person posted that.:confused:

StaceyM
04-13-2010, 01:49 PM

Yes, but can't you just fly to a state that does proxy weddings? It is still a valid marriage and is considered in any state as a valid marriage, as long as you followed the rules in the state that you got married. This is what I have found from my research. Each state has different rules and every state recognizes a marriage, as long as it is done within the guidelines of the state you were married in (same goes for out of the country).

goddessangelluv
11-25-2010, 05:29 AM
how would we get married if he is in the hole and cant have visits eveb
casenova some prisons do let you marry if he/she is in the hole have your mate check with their councler on it. my man is in washington state pen. and they dont alow it but at mcneil island they do. But no matter where your mate is they need to talk to their councler and get the marriage packet for you both to fill out. good luck

goddessangelluv
12-06-2010, 03:05 AM
HELP!!! My man is in seg at wsp and wants to marry me as soon as he gets out and after my analment is done. I mistakenly married someone that rushed me into it and then found out who my true mate is. We have been together for 13 years and want this to work out the right way. we dont want the clergy there to do it cause of our back ground. he is native american and I am wiccan. we have our witnesses but need someone to preform it. Im in portland OR and he is in walla walla wa. if you think you can help mesg me.

goddessangelluv
12-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Yes, but can't you just fly to a state that does proxy weddings? It is still a valid marriage and is considered in any state as a valid marriage, as long as you followed the rules in the state that you got married. This is what I have found from my research. Each state has different rules and every state recognizes a marriage, as long as it is done within the guidelines of the state you were married in (same goes for out of the country).
No cause it is based out of where he is not you are if he is in washington you have to go by the rules of that state its not based on what state you are in

Stormd81
02-21-2011, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=MSMARV;5326215]My friend does weddings in Washington state DOC & county jails was ordained in 2002 if you need the number let me know.. :thumbsup:[/Q I was wondering if your friend still does weddings for DOC? I just need someone to marry us and the councling we got approved to marry at wsp thank you

Stormd81
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
My fiance and I just got approved to marry at WSP in Walla Walla I am having trouble finding someone to marry us and do the required councling. Does anyone know of anybody who can do either or?

Stormd81
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM
[quote=MSMARV;5326215]My friend does weddings in Washington state DOC & county jails was ordained in 2002 if you need the number let me know.. :thumbsup:[/Q I was wondering if your friend still does weddings for DOC? I just need someone to marry us and the councling we got approved to marry at wsp thank you
Yes please

Stormd81
03-11-2011, 11:51 PM
[quote=MSMARV;5326215]My friend does weddings in Washington state DOC & county jails was ordained in 2002 if you need the number let me know.. :thumbsup:[/Q I was wondering if your friend still does weddings for DOC? I just need someone to marry us and the councling we got approved to marry at wsp thank you

Ok so they changed the policies you do not need the councling anymore to get married. you just need a priest or someone to marry you. Does anyone know of anyone..We are so ready to go

Stormd81
03-14-2011, 12:49 AM

WSP does not allow marriages by proxy. I was wondering how much you would charge to travel to Walla Walla to perform a marriage?:D

sweetpea26
06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
looking for some helpful info if anyone knows anything about marriage process for seatac federal in seattle,washington. My fiance and I are trying to get married. We were suppose to get married this summer and now he's in jail. They won't grant me visitation since we're not married.we've requested the marriage package.waiting for my portion in the mail. My fiance has heard that they don't really like approving marriages there. Any other ways to get married if we've not approved ??

bahamababe1
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM

an outside source.

the institution chapel.

me.

Dan Williams
PO Box 41126
Olympia, WA 98504-1126

ok so what about the federal detention center in Seatac? who do i talk to about me and my fiance get married? He is not sentenced there, he is just being detained there on his way to South Dakota for his Probation Revocation Hearing. :confused:

bahamababe1
11-04-2011, 04:58 PM

If you are still around , would you please give me a call at 253.581.8324 or 253.282.8800, my fiance is in the federal detention center in seatac waiting to go to south dakota for his probation revocation hearing and this would be perfect for us for the time being. We can do the real wedding when he gets out in a couple of years. thank you.

lilhustla3
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
hello my name is heather and my boyfriend is in prison and i want to get married to him wat do i need or what do i do. i really love him and he should be getting out in 7 months but we r co defedents and im not even sure if its allowed. i cant even go see him please write me back and tell me what u know about the messed up syestem please thanku for your time hope to hear from u soon

Angelbaby791
07-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Can anybody walk me through what needs to happen to marry my guy in Pierce County Jail... Prior to him going to prison?

thegirlintx1
03-01-2014, 07:37 PM
[quote=Stormd81;5977452]
Yes please

If that person still does weddings and the counseling, I would like their information. My baby is at Coyote Ridge in Washington.

Franksdoll0905
03-04-2014, 04:29 PM
My fiancÚ is in coyote ridge also.

Franksdoll0905
03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can arrange for my fiancÚ to wear street clothes for our wedding? I overheard a couple talking at visitation about street clothes for the wedding and wanted to talk to her after visitation ended but she left before me.

lilmomma8287
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Me and my fiance wants to get married soon. What is the process and how do I go about getting my portion of the packet? What is the cost? Do we have to provide our own minister? How long after the wedding do you have to wait for the family/trailer visits? Also for the family visits what obsticles are going to be in the way since he is incarcerated for a violent offense. he is scheduled to be released on 2/18/29.

thanks

Franksdoll0905
06-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Your fiancÚ needs to get the paperwork from his counselor.

You have to provide your own minister and have pre-marital counseling.

The cost depends on which minister or counselor you use. The cost of a marriage license in Franklin County is $64 but other counties may vary.

You have to be married three years before you can have EFVs unless you are both named on a birth certificate of your child and that child will be going to the EFV too.

Not everyone can have EFVs. There is a list of criteria on the visitation regulations part of the facility website. Domestic violence, for example, would prevent him for having an EFV.

Marcella1243
07-15-2014, 08:03 PM
I see a few post that they do weddings, I am trying to make a list and compare prices. I am planning on getting married at CRCC, if you or if you know anyone that can do this please pm me. Also Counseling does anyone know anyone that can do that or does the person that marries you do it?

Franksdoll0905
07-17-2014, 01:31 AM
We are getting married at CRCC in September. I will PM you the details of who we are using.

SeattleCutie79
09-19-2014, 12:25 AM
We have our counseling session tomorrow yay than just get a date from the chaplain who my fiance has already spoken with and i go get the license....we just have to figure outbwhat hes allowed to wear

Franksdoll0905
09-19-2014, 09:40 AM
You got his criminal history back already? Wow, that was fast! That's the part that delayed us the longest.

SeattleCutie79
09-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Yep the counselor sent it apparently last friday got it by wednesday...my guy is on top of it...i think its been 3 weeks we have everything but marriage app filled out ...does the ring have to be from access? I got it from overstock its a simple chrome cobalt ring

SeattleCutie79
09-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Oh also was gonna ask u r they allowed to wear street clothes for the ceremony and how does that work

Franksdoll0905
09-20-2014, 01:42 PM
If he's had his FRMT meeting then he'll know what to do about the clothes. They got told during that meeting, and get it on a letter after the meeting.

SeattleCutie79
09-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Did you get his ring from access or another vendor?

SeattleCutie79
09-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Did you find out about visiting sept 27th

Franksdoll0905
09-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't know about visiting, but I have been assured that our wedding will go ahead that day. 27th is medium visiting,and my fiancÚ is in MI3.

SeattleCutie79
09-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh ok well thats good i bet your getting excited. I found out he already had his meeting but they didnt talk to him about street clothes so hes gonna ask on monday;)