View Full Version : Denied Visits

JessLu
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I was wondering if someone has been denied visitation if the decision can be appealed?

seansbabyluv
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I was wondering if someone has been denied visitation if the decision can be appealed?

Depends on the reason. You can appeal the decision to the Warden...you'd have to show that visiting is in the interest of their "rehabilitation".

JessLu
09-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Well my Dad was denied visits with my mom because they were co-defendants. I just feel so bad for him because all he wants is to be able to see his wife and he can't..... breaks my heart :(

seansbabyluv
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Well my Dad was denied visits with my mom because they were co-defendants. I just feel so bad for him because all he wants is to be able to see his wife and he can't..... breaks my heart :(

There are a couple of things he can try. Has he completed his sentence? How long ago? They usually require 3 years of being done. He can appeal to the Warden by writing to them and seeing if they will relax the rule. Co-defedancy is a sure rejection, but perhaps he can appeal to the Warden and see what he says. He may want to do it in person at the DOC meeting, the Warden will be there. He might as well try it now, chances are good that she won't be able to have contact with him on parole either...sad to say.

JessLu
09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
When is the DOC meeting again? I don't have the heart to tell him that they might not be able to have contact while she is on parole...
But he has completed his probation and it has been several years since he has. In reality he should have never been charged because my mom said she would take the fall for everything... yet they still charged him :angry:

I will let him know about the meeting, maybe I can get off work to attend with him. As well as help him write the letter to the warden.... I thought when my mom came to Colorado that everything would be done and over and it seems as though things are getting worse... :(

seansbabyluv
09-23-2011, 06:56 PM
When is the DOC meeting again? I don't have the heart to tell him that they might not be able to have contact while she is on parole...
But he has completed his probation and it has been several years since he has. In reality he should have never been charged because my mom said she would take the fall for everything... yet they still charged him :angry:

I will let him know about the meeting, maybe I can get off work to attend with him. As well as help him write the letter to the warden.... I thought when my mom came to Colorado that everything would be done and over and it seems as though things are getting worse... :(

If he's been done for several years, then it should just take a letter to the Warden to get him approved. The meeting is Oct. 5th from 1 pm to 3pm at DWCF. A week from next Wednesday. Unfortunately there are a lot of females who offer or are coerced into prison sentences to protect men. As they say too many people have poisoned the well so everyone suffers even those that are telling the truth. It will be up to her parole officer to approve him as a parole sponsor but it's a good time to start being proactive.

JessLu
09-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks Cindy! I will let him know... maybe I will just write the letter for him. He is so sad that he can't see her... it has been since 2006... way too long..