View Full Version : Additional charges while incarcerated for cell phone

poulinsj
09-20-2011, 09:35 PM
It's been a while since i've posted, but my world has been turned upside down. Just came home from a lovely vacation with my family and i got the VINE message that my brother has been moved to face court proceedings.

He was found with a cell phone and is facing 3 additional charges for having a cell phone. Introduction of contraband, possession of a cell phone and i can't remember the 3rd.

My head is spinning. My heart breaks for my parents. He is 3 years out from his original 10 year sentence. Has anyone gone through this??? I heard that they gave someone in TX 60 years for a cell phone. He is in Florida but i fear that they may make an example out of this. I can barely breathe....

wickit
09-23-2011, 10:29 PM
I know why but it seems like everytime we go on a get away or vacation something happens and it's never good! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, I know it's frustrating. I don't know what will happen, but I hope he doesn't get that amount of time like the guy in Texas, that's outrageous! Good luck!

#1AndOnly
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
I hear stories of people getting caught of cell phones but I think the consequences vary by state. Have you posted a similar question in the FL forum ?

I am so sorry for you and your family ! I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope that they don't get him to much on top of his current sentence or that it runs concurrent with his sentence either way. Keep us posted on how things come out ! :grouphug:

fetchma
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I heard that in some prisons a lot of inmates have cell phones. I can't believe the punishment for that would be so big. big deal. I'm really sorry poulinsj.

Kimi06
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I am sorry to hear this too because they
are not playing about those cell phones.
My brother is able to call my cell and he
said while there are some guys still trying
to hide them for the most part it is not a
big portion of them doing this since all of
them are able to call loved ones on their
cell. Now places like FLORIDA where my
buddy is at makes this real hard due to the
fact they cant EVEN CALL CELL PHONES.
You must have a landline. So if restrictions
are like that I can still see quite a few inmates
hiding phones to speak to loved ones.
I pray all works out for you.

KImi06

hismess
10-03-2011, 10:38 AM
sorry to hear your going through this. i know the feeling though. my baby has been caught with a cell phone 2 times, and each time, he had time in the hole and lost of visits and calls for a certain amount of time. but he never got more time added to his sentence. thank god! maybe you could find out some info in the FL boards. good luck!