View Full Version : Can I ask for your prayers...

maidenheart
04-18-2004, 11:24 PM
I have a lot of faith and I believe the best thing to do is put this in Gods hands. I was raised to believe that when two are more are joined together in prayer his will, will be done. My sweetheart is going in front of the merit parole board in a little over two weeks, it is his first hearing. He has been in for 2 and a half years. He is one of the kindest, most loving men I know. This experience has not made him bitter or resentful, he has found a way to find the good in all this. It has brought him to his knees and shown him who he really is. This strong, sensitive, humbled man has hope, honor, honesty, and faith. I know many don't get released on their first hearing, but I am asking God for a miracle. To show the parole board the truth about the man I know he is. I came here to ask for your prayers because I believe this is the one place where we all know we aren't blinded by our man just because we love them, we see who they are, and so I know you all will hear what I am saying and will understand. My heart knows his heart, it is time for him to come home. I am asking for your prayers... and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to pray with me.

irisheyes66
04-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Prayers sent, maiden...be sure to keep us up to date on how it goes. (((hugs)))

Susan in Providence

Salubri
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
you both have my prayers, good luck

LoUiE'sLaDy
04-19-2004, 11:10 AM
You both will be in my prayers.

mom
04-19-2004, 11:16 AM
My prayers for you and your loved one. I also pray that God touches the hearts of the people on the parole board. I firmly believe that if God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it.

lulu
04-19-2004, 11:33 AM
prayers your way

vella040474
04-19-2004, 11:36 AM
maiden you and your man will be in my prayers. good luck and keep us posted.

j2sq
04-19-2004, 03:05 PM
of course u may ask for prayer! :yes:

that is what we r here for!

prayers and good thoughts being sent ur way. GOD BLESS U AND UR MAN! :)

((((HUGS TO BOTH OF U))))

maidenheart
04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
You all are great... I am so grateful for your support. I keep having this feeling he is going to make parole... if not we will weather this too.

caprione
04-19-2004, 05:15 PM
I will pray. thanks for giving me the opportunity to help in this way.
Caprione

sixmonths
04-19-2004, 08:31 PM
you and your sweetheart are in my prayers.

God bless you

daWifey
04-19-2004, 08:40 PM
You're definitely in my prayers!

roc city girl
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Best of luck to your boyfriend/husband. I will keep you in my prayers.

mamota35
04-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Both of you will be in my prayers. God bless you.

mybabyboo
04-20-2004, 05:09 PM
You will be in my prayers....

schnuckums
04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
I will keep you in my prayers..Best of luck !

Gerbera
04-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Good luck. I read an earlier post asking how long it takes to get a decision. I have only gotten parole appeals from Gowanda and Collins so far. But say for example the hearing was 9/30/03, the decision notice that I see when I get the appeal file says 10/1/03, the notice of appeal was already filed and received by 10/9/03!! When I get the transcript, I can see that they wrote their denial the same day of the hearing. So they move very fast if they are denying you. Since I have never seen parole granted, I have no idea how long the decisions take when they grant it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer because with Pataki's crackdown on parole, the board probably has to write a good decision that will survive scrutiny. It is getting very tough to get parole, I know several people who have EEC's and have been denied if they have a prior history.

MurphyGirl
04-20-2004, 09:38 PM
I pray in the name of Jesus that you and your loved one will be reunited soon. Best wishes and God Bless!!

Hannen
04-20-2004, 09:45 PM
hey maiden, prayers are coming your way. miracles really do happen.

dutchess
04-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Maidenheart

God does answer prayers and with all of us here at PTO praying for you and your loved one, he should answer them. My prayers and blessings go out to you and yours.

maidenheart
04-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I read these with a smile...if things work out, besides God, I will know who to thank, I am asking God to send something special to all of you. I do believe when we reach out to help and support another that we open the door to receiving that in return.... hugsss to you all.

KP Wifey
04-28-2004, 01:13 AM
In my prayers God is able no matter what mans says the bible says "that where 2 or 3 touch and agree it shall be done." we must also ask and believe that it's done we can't doubt.

tilldeathpartus
06-19-2004, 07:05 AM
every night without fail you guy's will be in my prayers please keep us posted!!!!
((((HUGZZZ))))

maidenheart
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
KP Wifey I do believe that, and I also believe that God will help make us ready when it is his time. tilldeathpartus (((((hugs)))))) thankyou for your prayers. I can't think of a better gift than to know we are in your prayers. We face the parole board again in November, and I am just going to give it to God this time. I want him home, but if i have to wait, I will wait.

Anthony'sWife
06-23-2004, 10:47 PM
U and your sweetheart are in my prayers. And I hope that U keep me in yours aswell, Ive been doing this bid with my husband for 8 years and he has a whole lot more to do and sometimes i dont know if we are gonna make it u know but I keep the faith u know and i leave it in gods hands

Manzanita
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
maidenheart, I am sorry I missed this when you posted. I hope things are ok...
here we all are...waiting.....so you are not alone!

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))