View Full Version : Need information about how to figure out his sentence

devoted4eva
09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Im so confused when it comes to when my husband will be coming home. To make a long story short: He is serving 30% of 6yrs..the total so far he has done is 17mnths..I thought he had 5mnths left... (Nov 2011) but he had a parole hearing in July 2011 he said the interviewer denied him for a yr. (july 2012)..Ok with that info...does this that mean they are adding 8mnths to his sentence or is it possible to be released before his nxt parole hearing?! he has no write ups, and is a trustee..so I dont know what to think...all these #s are confusing me!!!!

Fancy
09-06-2011, 08:11 PM
It means the parole board will consider him for release in July 2012.

Parole is a privilege and not a right.

They do not have to ever let him go till he flattens out.

I am very familiar with the TN system.

devoted4eva
09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
he had 6mnths prior for the original chrg...3mnths prior to violation of probation..and 4mnths (which is 8mnths) of trustee work...I dont know how much good time he has or how much credit his class will give him once finished...but that how I came up with the 17mnths...

devoted4eva
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I fully understand that parole is a privilege and not a right...so he will be home no sooner than july 2012 :( he seems to think that since he is a trustee that the parole date will move up every month when he gets his credits...is that right?

mrsw2010
09-06-2011, 09:00 PM
What are the qualifications for becoming a trustee?

Fancy
09-07-2011, 06:37 AM
I fully understand that parole is a privilege and not a right...so he will be home no sooner than july 2012 :( he seems to think that since he is a trustee that the parole date will move up every month when he gets his credits...is that right?

No, that info seems incorrect to me. Credits and percentages are all fine....but, the parole board will see you when they will see you and then they do just what they want.

As you know, doing 30% or whatever is just make him "eligible" to be considered for parole.

devoted4eva
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
his parole hearing (or his initial parole hearing) was july 26th and it is now september...how long does he have to wait to get a written document with the final decision?! I heard that the interviewers decision could be overturned by the parole board and that he should wait til his papers come in

devoted4eva
09-07-2011, 02:35 PM
What are the qualifications for becoming a trustee?

im not sure of what the qualifications are...he waited 3mnths before getting approved! i think he said he had to write the captain and the captain then decides whether someone qualifies...

mrsw2010
09-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok. Thanks. My hubby keeps asking me to check on it but I don't even know where to begin.

Fancy
09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
He should have final decision papers within a month of his hearing.

Have you checked FOIL and what does it say?

survivingainteasy
09-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Has anyone been on probation with PSI?? My son is to be released in November and he has been placed with PSI. Any information is appreciated.

jen musser
10-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey im trying to get some info.I dont understand how the TN sytem works. What is he difference between the (SV) date and (RED) date. My boyfriend has his dates for both of them an they are a year apart. The first date is (SV) date and its for Feb.12,2012.

jaded4yogi
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey im trying to get some info.I dont understand how the TN sytem works. What is he difference between the (SV) date and (RED) date. My boyfriend has his dates for both of them an they are a year apart. The first date is (SV) date and its for Feb.12,2012.

I have been trying to figure out basically the same thing. What I have found out is that the SV date is "the earliest possible date for parole". TDOC has basically invented this date due to overcrowding at the prisons. From what I've found out less than 2% of people make parole on this date, but the parole board will tell them any programs or classes they will need to complete then they will give him another parole date to be seen again. The RED date is going to be the date that his percentage of sentence is up. For example on 7/16/11 my fiance' started serving time on a 10 year sentence at 30%. His RED date is 6/16/14, which is 30% of his 10 years. I hope that helps.

TnConsultant
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Im so confused when it comes to when my husband will be coming home. To make a long story short: He is serving 30% of 6yrs..the total so far he has done is 17mnths..I thought he had 5mnths left... (Nov 2011) but he had a parole hearing in July 2011 he said the interviewer denied him for a yr. (july 2012)..Ok with that info...does this that mean they are adding 8mnths to his sentence or is it possible to be released before his nxt parole hearing?! he has no write ups, and is a trustee..so I dont know what to think...all these #s are confusing me!!!!

Six years at 30% only means he will have a parole hearing at 30% it does not mean he automatically gets out then. If he already has his first hearing and they set him off a year, then THAT will be his next opportunity for release, but only if he makes parole at that time. The only time they HAVE to release him is on his expiration date. His experation date will change as he builds "good time" He gets a T.O.M.I.S sheet every 90 days that informs him of where his dates have moved to, although the parole hearing they set off one year will stay the same. They would not set another parole hearing date if he was eligable to expire before one year's time. Did he do any preparation? Have a Parole pack or Representation? by family members or other wise for his last parole hearing? You might consider a Parole Consultant for his next hearing.

TnConsultant
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I have been trying to figure out basically the same thing. What I have found out is that the SV date is "the earliest possible date for parole". TDOC has basically invented this date due to overcrowding at the prisons. From what I've found out less than 2% of people make parole on this date, but the parole board will tell them any programs or classes they will need to complete then they will give him another parole date to be seen again. The RED date is going to be the date that his percentage of sentence is up. For example on 7/16/11 my fiance' started serving time on a 10 year sentence at 30%. His RED date is 6/16/14, which is 30% of his 10 years. I hope that helps.

Your SV date is your Safety Valve. It is indeed the earliest possible date for a Parole BUT your RED date is your Release Eligability Date. Not your expiration date. The only way you get released prior to an expiration date is to be paroled.