View Full Version : Address for letters Goodman Unit TX Prison

crystal4679
08-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know the address to send letters to our loved ones? I have found a PO Box and the Route 1, Box 273 address, confused on which one to use. Also, is anyone familiar with this unit? My boyfriend was just transferred here from Holliday last weekend.

closer2mydreamz
08-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi there Crystal, I actually called the unit today to ask if the address listed on the TDCJ site was corrected to send mail. The officer who answered stated it was, here is the address: 349 Private Road 8430, Jasper, Texas 75951

bojo1955
08-27-2011, 02:13 PM
My man was there for about 16 months. Found it to be decent. He had no complaints - said it was pretty laid back.

I found most of the staff to be real nice, helpful and friendly.

tyohara
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Has anyone heard of some one checking in on a Friday for a Saturday visit. My fiance's ex is trying to say she will be able to check in on a Friday, so i won't be able to see him with my children on Saturday. I checked all the websites and didn't find this to be true. Only in the more than 300 miles travel rule. And she doesnt live that far.Can anybody help me clear this up please.

tyohara
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
My husband said that he is signed up for the CHANGES class, but is not required to complete it since this is not his first time in tdcj. Does anyone know this to be true?

crystal4679
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I have only been able to visit last weekend, but I've never heard of that. Is he at the Goodman unit?

My bf told me they have him signed up for that class also, but wont actually start going until I think he said 60 or 90 days b4 he gets out. From what I understand is they have to take it b4 getting paroled. But again.. this is all new to me. I'd call the unit and ask them. I've called Goodman many times, and they have been WONDERFUL. Much nicer that the rude people at Holliday.

singinsista
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know if there is a lockdown going on right now at the Goodman Unit? I sent a letter to my bro over two weeks ago and haven't gotten a reply yet. He was just transferred there about a month ago. Also how long does it take JPay to get money to him from where I sent it in Huntsville in January?

MarcosWifey
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Hello!....i want to know how long it takes you ladies to get mail from your LO....I've been posting threads and no one has responded back :(....im really worried because this has been the longest my man has taken to write back (its been since feb.14). I would really appriciate if i get any feedback from you guys thanks:)