View Full Version : UPDATE: My son's death at Santa Rita Unit

unsneakycindy
08-15-2011, 07:16 PM
First of all, I want to THANK YOU ALL for every thread you have sent me!!! I couldn't answer everyone, however, all your prayers, condolences, and information is and was incredible.

I have to say 'we' our entire family, my beloved son's wife of over 13 yrs and their little 4 yr old Noah are grateful.

We are still waiting for the toxicology reports! Seems forever!!! I have written to Johm McCain, Gov Brewer, and the Media@azcorrections about what is going on... This is what I wrote to Gov Brewer:

I have a brokenhearted family! On July 31, 20011, my son, 36 yrs old was found dead in the Santa Rita Unit in the Tucson Prison System and we still don't know why! His name is Carlo Krakoff, and this was he first time ever in prison or jail.

My son, as so many others, became addicted to their prescriptions Oxycontin, Zanax and Methadone. He became very despondent after searching over 6 months for a job to help his family and turned to his sickness of addiction that soon was out of control. My son turned to robbing pharmacies for his drugs, where he only took drugs and NO money. He never physically harmed anyone during these robberies. When my son was caught, which he wanted to be... he confessed to everything! He later told me that how could he ask God for forgiveness if he lied about his sins! He was a good man before the drugs, and he had no criminal history or records.

With a sleazy attorney, and even over 30 from family and friends, he was given 13 years for his first offense ever. Carlo was NEVER in a gang, nor was he ever a violent person!!! In fact, he was always the peace maker!

For over 16 yrs, my son was a well known child actor, starting at the age of 6. He was professionally known as Carl Steven and a member of the Screen Actors Guild. You can find him, Carl Steven on the IMDb.com website to see I am telling the truth.

I want to know why he died and left a loving wife of over 13 yrs and a little son of 4yrs old, that will never know his daddy now.

I want to know how my son died in his cell! We are waiting for a toxicology report.. If it had anything to do with drugs, I want to know why!!! He was NOT suicidal, and was involved in bible studies. If it was drugs, who gave it to him, and how did that person get the drugs?

My son was in the prison's custody and it is their job to keep drugs out of the prison!!! That prison owned him and yet they let him die?

We, his entire family and childhood friends want to know WHY AND HOW??? PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!!!! HELP US! WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAD TO BURY OUR SON BEFORE US, HIS PARENTS!!!

WE DIDN'T LOSE HIM TO A DRUG OVERDOSE BEFORE, NOR WAS HE SHOT BY POLICE UPON HIS ARREST, AND NOW WE LOSE HIM IN PRISON????

Am I allowed to request copies of this investigation on his death, including all medical, mental and hospitalization records as well? I have emailed Senator McCain as well for help. I plan to email everyone I can on this horrible loss for our entire family and friends. I cannot rest until I (we) know the truth.

Thank you,

So here we wait! I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR SON, HUSBAND AND FATHER! HE WAS ONLY A LITTLE MORE INTO A YEAR OF BEING IN SANTA RITA ON HIS TIME!!!

My son was such a nice guy, his fellow friends/inmates want to write us about my son! I am waiting to hear from them!!!

I will post at a later time about OUR CELEBRATION OF MY SON'S LIFE!!! OVER 100 PEOPLE STOPPED BY!!! AWESOME.... HE WAS LOVED BY MANY...
"CARLO IS FREE NOW".... Never to be caged again. He was NEVER prison material... meaning not a tough guy... however, he understood that he had to serve time.
Hugs to you all.... Love & Peace <3

Paulie'sGirl
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
You and your have been in my prayers.

Please keep us updated, and don't give up!! Keep writing, pushing for answers!! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE ALL OF OUR SUPPORT AS WELL!!! If you need signature, petitions, etc, I am sure you will have MANY PTOer's who will be there for you!!

YOU are a strong woman and loving mother who, obviously cares for her son very much. I am certain, this is not the first time this has happened in AZ prisons, but too often, these men (and women) are forgotten about and they don't have the support and love of friends and family.

((HUGS))

nimuay
08-16-2011, 04:15 AM
I sure hope you get some honest answers . . . what you've all gone through is a nightmare and a shame.

tiredmom!
08-16-2011, 06:02 AM
I pray you find the answers you are looking for. I know it wont make the loss any easier to live with but at least you will know. You and your family are always in my prayers.

Bull Pen
08-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I actually had met your son, daughter in law and little Noah. In fact Noah was quite taken with my daughter Brittnay. I was there that day and none of us could believe it.
Its a scarry thought that our loved ones are locked up much less in a place that has very little compassion for those who are in their custody. As family members of the incarcerated we have to believe that they have our loved ones best interest in mind, but have found the system to be based on profit and inmates are just another number to them.
Its sad that in a society today with the number of men and women incarcerated that we can allow our government to do this.

I wish you and your family the best

First of all, I want to THANK YOU ALL for every thread you have sent me!!! I couldn't answer everyone, however, all your prayers, condolences, and information is and was incredible.

I have to say 'we' our entire family, my beloved son's wife of over 13 yrs and their little 4 yr old Noah are grateful.

We are still waiting for the toxicology reports! Seems forever!!! I have written to Johm McCain, Gov Brewer, and the Media@azcorrections about what is going on... This is what I wrote to Gov Brewer:

I have a brokenhearted family! On July 31, 20011, my son, 36 yrs old was found dead in the Santa Rita Unit in the Tucson Prison System and we still don't know why! His name is Carlo Krakoff, and this was he first time ever in prison or jail.

My son, as so many others, became addicted to their prescriptions Oxycontin, Zanax and Methadone. He became very despondent after searching over 6 months for a job to help his family and turned to his sickness of addiction that soon was out of control. My son turned to robbing pharmacies for his drugs, where he only took drugs and NO money. He never physically harmed anyone during these robberies. When my son was caught, which he wanted to be... he confessed to everything! He later told me that how could he ask God for forgiveness if he lied about his sins! He was a good man before the drugs, and he had no criminal history or records.

With a sleazy attorney, and even over 30 from family and friends, he was given 13 years for his first offense ever. Carlo was NEVER in a gang, nor was he ever a violent person!!! In fact, he was always the peace maker!

For over 16 yrs, my son was a well known child actor, starting at the age of 6. He was professionally known as Carl Steven and a member of the Screen Actors Guild. You can find him, Carl Steven on the IMDb.com website to see I am telling the truth.

I want to know why he died and left a loving wife of over 13 yrs and a little son of 4yrs old, that will never know his daddy now.

I want to know how my son died in his cell! We are waiting for a toxicology report.. If it had anything to do with drugs, I want to know why!!! He was NOT suicidal, and was involved in bible studies. If it was drugs, who gave it to him, and how did that person get the drugs?

My son was in the prison's custody and it is their job to keep drugs out of the prison!!! That prison owned him and yet they let him die?

We, his entire family and childhood friends want to know WHY AND HOW??? PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!!!! HELP US! WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAD TO BURY OUR SON BEFORE US, HIS PARENTS!!!

WE DIDN'T LOSE HIM TO A DRUG OVERDOSE BEFORE, NOR WAS HE SHOT BY POLICE UPON HIS ARREST, AND NOW WE LOSE HIM IN PRISON????

Am I allowed to request copies of this investigation on his death, including all medical, mental and hospitalization records as well? I have emailed Senator McCain as well for help. I plan to email everyone I can on this horrible loss for our entire family and friends. I cannot rest until I (we) know the truth.

Thank you,

So here we wait! I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR SON, HUSBAND AND FATHER! HE WAS ONLY A LITTLE MORE INTO A YEAR OF BEING IN SANTA RITA ON HIS TIME!!!

My son was such a nice guy, his fellow friends/inmates want to write us about my son! I am waiting to hear from them!!!

I will post at a later time about OUR CELEBRATION OF MY SON'S LIFE!!! OVER 100 PEOPLE STOPPED BY!!! AWESOME.... HE WAS LOVED BY MANY...
"CARLO IS FREE NOW".... Never to be caged again. He was NEVER prison material... meaning not a tough guy... however, he understood that he had to serve time.
Hugs to you all.... Love & Peace <3

bluebella
08-19-2011, 02:31 AM
So much support and prayers comming your way for your fight for justice. You and your family deserve and are asking for only human rights and needs. Take a break when you need, this is going to take patients and good health. With you and your family all the way Cindy in your fight for your rights.

unsneakycindy
08-21-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I actually had met your son, daughter in law and little Noah. In fact Noah was quite taken with my daughter Brittnay. I was there that day and none of us could believe it.
Its a scarry thought that our loved ones are locked up much less in a place that has very little compassion for those who are in their custody. As family members of the incarcerated we have to believe that they have our loved ones best interest in mind, but have found the system to be based on profit and inmates are just another number to them.
Its sad that in a society today with the number of men and women incarcerated that we can allow our government to do this.

I wish you and your family the best

Thank you so much... OMG! My son was a good guy, I am happy you met him. Still waiting for Toxocology reports!!! Seems like forever! Will keep you posted! I just believe that prison is NOT the place for drug addicts! I feel they treated him like another number and bam 13 yrs!!!??? THEY DID NOT EVEN CONSIDER THAT THIS WAS HIS FIRST ARREST EVER AND NO POLICE RECORD. Why didn't they think about why would a man, husband and father, start breaking the law at his age!!!? Duh... maybe a serious drug problem! Oh I am sorry to rant on... Sadly, we all have sad stories to share.... but this is all too permanent and nothing can change it.... There I go again... my emotions are all over the place.

I will stop now, just hoping and praying that your lifes will have a happier ending... Hold on... Always tell him how much he is loved and needed!

graffiti
10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
May he be remebered for the good times. My condolences for your loss.

Regardless of the crime or circumstances, it was not deserved.

I am sorry.