View Full Version : Polunsky Unit TX Prison Conditions While on Lockdown

rlfeelin
08-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I JUST got a letter from my son in Polunksy since they have been on lockdown. Just want everyone to know the letter was dated August 5, 2011 and in the letter he stated that all mail was withheld and they were without water for two days. This is disgusting to me and I do not know who to complain to. It is hotter than Hell in Texas right now and to have no water for two days in inhumane:angry:

Waiting4Everxxx
10-29-2011, 04:55 AM
I completely agree! I was outraged when I received letters of the same. I couldn't believe they could keep the water off as long as they did! Other times, at the last minute they were all awaken in a panic to rush and fill as many bowls, cups etc...as they could because their water was once again being shut off. They need to hydrate, shower, wash their clothing and just cool off with water throughout the day and even at night!
Thank you for this post! While this summer is now behind us yet again there's always next summer to worry about and the one after that with many to follow. How long will they continue to get away with such inhumane treatment of our loved ones?! Is there anything that we can do to change this without causing more mistreatment or trouble for them?