View Full Version : Lockdown- How do you find out if a facility in in lockdown?

RellyRellMisses
08-04-2011, 06:52 AM
How can you find out if there is a lockdown in a Federal Prison?

prisonbreakgirl
08-04-2011, 07:31 AM
don't know it.wanna know it by myself too.and i know texas has his lockdown already behind, because my pp has written me a letter and he told that.don't even know if a federal has a lockdown

Amecia
08-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Call the institution. They will tell you.

RellyRellMisses
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Ok thanks

prisonbreakgirl
08-04-2011, 09:03 AM
for me is it expencieve to call the institution from where i live

Amecia
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Also, people on PTO will post if they know of a lockdown in a particular prison. You can check the forum for that prison. You can also post and ask someone to check for you if it's too expensive for you to call. :)

prisonbreakgirl
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
thx amecia

janche
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi,
there is a website called "cpl33.info" Click on "Lockdown".I hope it helps.

Zelda50
08-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi,
there is a website called "cpl33.info" Click on "Lockdown".I hope it helps.

While this website has some information, it does not cover all federal prisons and is not always up to date. It is not up to date on when lockdowns are lifted, either.
So don't count on it.

The only other way is to call and ask or check online forums such as this one. Another forum Prison Family Online has a lockdown thread as well.

Sometimes you just have to wait for your inmate to write and let you know.

Kayla28
08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
the cpl33 is only for some north/midwestern federal prisons. It is often up to date but sometimes not. However it does give why the prison is on lock down and does show when it's lifted. my guy is at usp florence and i find it helpful though sometimes it doesn't show up right away. like this time he went on lock down the 31 of july and it didn't show til the 3rd of august but at least i know that it is for a staff assault and that lockdown continues.

janche
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
While this website has some information, it does not cover all federal prisons and is not always up to date. It is not up to date on when lockdowns are lifted, either.
So don't count on it.

The only other way is to call and ask or check online forums such as this one. Another forum Prison Family Online has a lockdown thread as well.

Sometimes you just have to wait for your inmate to write and let you know.

You're right! Thanks!

Soulyrical
08-05-2011, 01:43 AM
My man is at Jesup and when they went on lockdown it didn't show up on the website until after it was lifted. And another thing the prison won't always tell you. When I called to find out what was going on because I had not heard from him, they said everything was fine that they weren't on lockdown and that the phones and internet was down. My man mailed me the message from the Warden showing all the info of when & why.

the cpl33 is only for some north/midwestern federal prisons. It is often up to date but sometimes not. However it does give why the prison is on lock down and does show when it's lifted. my guy is at usp florence and i find it helpful though sometimes it doesn't show up right away. like this time he went on lock down the 31 of july and it didn't show til the 3rd of august but at least i know that it is for a staff assault and that lockdown continues.