View Full Version : Can an excon get approval to visit someone?

Snow Brown
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
I have a question, If a girl is a guys co defendant on a felony case within the last 4 years and she got convicted and went to prison as well, can she possibly get the CDC to approve her to visit her past co defendant if he is locked up again? Will the CDC deny her visiting approval form even if she is currently over with and off of parole?

Is there a chance she could slip thru the cracks? And if she gets denied and goes in with a friends ID, what will happen to her?

eroro1608
07-28-2011, 06:39 PM
First off, I don't recommend the going in with a friend's ID. No matter what, that will end up with someone going to jail.

RedSkittle
07-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Here in Ohio that would never happen. U will be permanently denied.:hmm: And now in my opinion u got balls if u would walk into any prison trying to use anybody elses ID :eek:

ceci
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't know much about cdc but um yeah I wouldnt recommend using someone else's ID unless you feel like being a guest of the state for a while.

justbeth
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Guess I would have to say NO. And to go in with someone id that isn't yours put not only you but the person your visiting at jeopardy. And believe me those men look forward to visits and if they would lose their visits over a stupid move like that you might as well have just said good bye.

cadreamin
07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
OOps, I clicked on the wrong post.... BUT, As others have said, it's a no no to use another's ID. BIG problem; BAD idea. However, if you're on parole, you cannot have a visit. Now I'll click on your post...sorry 'bout that. Maybe I know something to answer:hmm:

Guess I would have to say NO. And to go in with someone id that isn't yours put not only you but the person your visiting at jeopardy. And believe me those men look forward to visits and if they would lose their visits over a stupid move like that you might as well have just said good bye.

RaspberryCherry
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
SnowBrown, Please Do Not Attempt To Use Someone Else's
ID To Visit. You Can (And The Inmate) Get In A Lot
Of Trouble. I Won't Lie I Have Known Folks Who Did That Back In
The Day (1990's) But Times Have Changed And I Wouldn't Try It
These Days.
It's Not Worth Losing Your Freedom Or Catching Another Case.
Besides You May Be Able To Get Approved If You Can Get An
Okay From Your PO And The Prison Warden.

cadreamin
07-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Back to your post...You said "within the last 4 years you/or someone else, was convicted...did the sentence...." I really don't think you/whomever can visit. I could be wrong, but I think once one has been convicted, no visits allowed. Sure hope I'm wrong. I suggest calling visiting the prison and ask if you could have that visit with the circumstances you've posted.

I wish you good luck and I hope you get that visit:thumbsup: Please don't try to use someone else's ID, you could be sitting in there again yourself. It's not worth the risk! Don't go there with that idea...really, really a bad idea:eek:.

I have a question, If a girl is a guys co defendant on a felony case within the last 4 years and she got convicted and went to prison as well, can she possibly get the CDC to approve her to visit her past co defendant if he is locked up again? Will the CDC deny her visiting approval form even if she is currently over with and off of parole?

Is there a chance she could slip thru the cracks? And if she gets denied and goes in with a friends ID, what will happen to her?

LeBeau
07-29-2011, 09:26 PM
The CDCR is extremely unlikely to approve ANY codefendant *or* applicant with a felony record. Exceptions are sometimes made on appeal for family members but since it seems you're also a victim of DV at his hands, you won't be allowed to visit.
Sorry to be so blunt but the CDCR is not terribly interested in bending their rules to allow contact with codefendants or victims, so that's two strikes against such a request.

As for using someone else's ID, it won't work, it will get you barred permanently from ANY CDCR facility (even to visit someone else altogether) and it could result in you facing criminal charges.