View Full Version : How much time will he do?

wendellswife80
07-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi, im jennifer and i have a couple of questions for anyone who might have answers. First, my husband got an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon charge back in '04. He was sentenced to 5 years tdc, two years state jail and 10 years probation. He did his 2 years of state jail, and was released to parole in 2006. He finished the rest of his parole in 2009, but was stil on probation. In 2007, he got a dirty ua, and was sent to s.a.f.p.f. For 6 months. He was released in 2008 and got another dirty ua in 2009. He was sentenced to go through s.a.f.p.f.'s relapse program for 4 months. He was released in 2010. Then, at the beginning of 2011, he got another dirty ua. He was taken into custody on 6/9/2011, and was sentenced to 5 years tdc, plus all his backtime. My question is, how long will he have to do on tdc time with 3 years and 9 months of backtime on a five year sentence? Any answers will help!!!!;)

patchouli
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Are the new charges running concurrent or consecutive? Realistically, if this were kentucky, and the time was running consecutive he could be made to serve out 8 years, 9 months. However, he'd probably make parole at some point depending on classes/programs taken and good time earned. If running concurent, he'd be eligible for parole after serving 20% of the longer (5 years) sentence. I'm not familiar with Texas' sentencing and/or parole....that's why I've moved your post to the Texas forum :)

wendellswife80
07-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh, okay. No, he doesn't have any new charges, just a probation violation. And i think its concurrent. I just got online and saw that he's parole eligible on 6/10/2012, but can that change?

wendellswife80
07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT PAROLE? I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY HUSBAND'S APROLE ELIGIBLE DATE IS 6/10/2012. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE CAN PAROLE EARLIER THAN THAT? OR IS THAT SET IN STONE? HIS PROJECTED RELEASE DATE IS 7/4/2015, BUT HE CAN PAROLE BEFORE THAT RIGHT? :confused:

RobinsMan
07-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm confused as to about some of your initial post. You mention one offense specifically which was aggravated robbery and then two sentences, one an ID sentence of 5 years and state jail of two, and then the 10 years probation. So, I assume that the 10 years probation was for the aggravated robbery and the 5 year ID sentence for something else entirely.

Anyway, or his current sentence, assuming that the TDC site shows his correct PED then there is no way for him to parole out any earlier than that. If he is now serving a sentence for aggravated robbery then he must serve half of that time as a minimum but I'm having a hard time making the dates work out for a 5 year agg sentence. For an agg sentence, his PRD should be the same as his Maximum Sentence Date and that should be exactly 5 years after his Sentence Start Date (a theorectical date figured from the date he was sentenced minus all of his backtime) which would work out to 7/4 or 7/5 of 2010. However, if that is the case then his PED should be about 1/5/2013. So, I'm wondering what it is that I'm missing. Still, his PED (if correct on the site and it usually is) is the absolute earliest day that he can be released.

wendellswife80
07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
NO, HE GOT AN AGGRAVATED CHARGE BACK IN 04, AND HE HASN'T CAUGHT ANY NEW CASES SINCE THEN. HE'S DOING TIME FOR A PROBATION VIOLATION BECAUSE HE HAD A DIRTY UA. HE GOT SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS TDC BECAUSE HE HAD ALREADY HAD THREE DIRTY UA'S. BUT THE JUDGE GAVE HIM ALL OF HIS BACK TIME WHICH IS 3 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS. SO HE REALLY WOULD ONLY HAVE TO DO 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS, BUT I WAS TRYING TO SEE IF HE CAN PAROLE OUT BEFORE HIS YEAR IS UP?:thumbsup:

RobinsMan
07-27-2011, 09:58 AM
What was the offense that he was on 10 years probation for?

You only mention one offense - the aggravated robbery - but you mention three different adjudications: 1) 2 years state jail 2) 5 years TDC and 3) 10 years probation. Those three adjudications were for three different offenses. Whatever the state jail offense was doesn't enter into the issue now but the aggravated robbery back in '84 could have been either the 5 years TDC or it could have been what he was on 10 years probation for. I must know what offense he was on probtion for that has now been revoked to know how to answer questions about parole, etc.

cphillips
07-27-2011, 10:01 AM
If his PED is 06/10/12 he will not be paroled out prior to that date. Even though he was given his back time doesn't mean that he only has to do 1 yr 3mths. That time is credited towards his sentence, however, it does not guarantee that his parole will be granted.

shotjas
07-27-2011, 11:37 AM
ok.. hold up. The numbers are not matching at all here. There is some serious missing of information, at least for us to be able to further be of greater assistance. As I see it, from the most recent posting OP gave us, a PRD of 6/10/2012 ... and a Maximum sentence of 7/4/2015. If he was given 5 yrs total time from the date of arrest, 6/9/2011.. then total time till discharge would be 6/9/2016. From that, and what you said so far, they didn't give him 3 yrs and 9 months back time credited. They only gave him 1 yr 1 month. You see what I'm saying? So something in the math is wonky.. either our math or the way that TDC is calculating his time. Yes, they're KNOWN for fudging the time of inmates and not properly crediting all back time.

What your husband should also do, send an I-60 to inmate records and request an accurate (and current) time sheet to show any reflection of time given, lost or earned. Additionally, if he is missing time that was supposed to be credited to him by judges order, then he needs to dispute that with Inmate Records to ensure that they give him the proper credit of time.

jr214wifey
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
NO, HE GOT AN AGGRAVATED CHARGE BACK IN 04, AND HE HASN'T CAUGHT ANY NEW CASES SINCE THEN. HE'S DOING TIME FOR A PROBATION VIOLATION BECAUSE HE HAD A DIRTY UA. HE GOT SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS TDC BECAUSE HE HAD ALREADY HAD THREE DIRTY UA'S. BUT THE JUDGE GAVE HIM ALL OF HIS BACK TIME WHICH IS 3 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS. SO HE REALLY WOULD ONLY HAVE TO DO 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS, BUT I WAS TRYING TO SEE IF HE CAN PAROLE OUT BEFORE HIS YEAR IS UP?:thumbsup:

Hey girl,
Im about in the same boat as . My hubby caught an agg robbery w/dw in 06 & was sentenced to 10 probation, got dirty ua's in 08 & went to safep for 6 months & then again for 4mo in 10 but was kicked out of the salvation army in 2011 so his probation was revoked. Ur hubby isnt doin time for probation violation its actually for his original crime which was the agg robbery. Once they revoke their probation they sentence them for the crime they were on probation for. The judge granted my hubby his back time as well but he is still in county waithing to catch cahin so not sure when his parole eligiblity is until he gets to tdc (i think) i did call the county clerk at dallas county to get his back time & they gave me certain dates but not the dates he was in safep so we arent even sure how much back time he rlly has either. But if u alrdy seen he prd then most likey that will be when he is eligible but not guaranteed for parole & might want to have him look into that I-60 that someone suggested so he can know for sure how much back time he was given....
Hope this helps some!

RobinsMan
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
ok.. hold up. The numbers are not matching at all here. There is some serious missing of information, at least for us to be able to further be of greater assistance. As I see it, from the most recent posting OP gave us, a PRD of 6/10/2012 ... and a Maximum sentence of 7/4/2015. If he was given 5 yrs total time from the date of arrest, 6/9/2011.. then total time till discharge would be 6/9/2016. From that, and what you said so far, they didn't give him 3 yrs and 9 months back time credited. They only gave him 1 yr 1 month. You see what I'm saying? So something in the math is wonky.. either our math or the way that TDC is calculating his time. Yes, they're KNOWN for fudging the time of inmates and not properly crediting all back time.

Well, maybe we all need to hold up a bit (me too) and try not to overwhelm her with overly involved comment. Besides, it really isn't directly responsive to her initial question which was how long will he do, the answer to which is no one can know for sure. Of course, the minium he could possibly do is determined by his PED and the chances of his PED as shown on the TDC site are pretty low, though TDC and courts do make mistakes. Trying to make all the dates work is an interesting exercise (and I'm right in the middle of it) but not really necessary to answer her question.

Time mistakes do happen but I have no reason to believe that TDC deliberately changes people's dates out of malice or any reason other than simple error or correction thereof. Time calcs can also be very involved and I believe that many people believe they are owed more back time that they actually have coming to them. I've also seen TDC adjust backtime improperly awarded by the court to back out time that should not have been counted but what is someone to do about that? Appeal it and the court will simply end up agreeing with TDC. Usually TDC does nothing more than apply backtime that is credite4d to them and in the years I've been on this site I have read of errors being made by the court in awarding time or by the sheriff's department in adding up time and by TDC is applying that time to the sentence. Until one does the leg work to fully reconcile a discrepancy between what they think they shold have gotten and what they actually hads show on on their timesheet then they do not know if there is error or where it occurred. If it was the court or the sheriff then the fault is not TDC's and TDC can do nothing about it without a correction from the court/sheriff.

By the way, as I posted above, a 5 year sentence with a MAX date of 7/4/2015 means and a sentence start date of about 7/4/2010 so if he was arrested on 6/9/2011 without any further release then he would have been awarded a few days more than 11 months of backtime, the difference between 7/4/2010 and 6/9/2011.

wendellswife80
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Okay everybody, he is in for the agg robery charge, because thats what he was on probation for. All his other charges dont matter because he wasnt on probation for them. He got a five year sentence plus all his back time which is 3 years and 9 months. On a 3g charge (which is what he has) he is only required to do half of that sentence which is 2 1/2 years. But since he has 3 years 9 months of back time, he shouldn't have to do that long. I spoke with somebody who is a parole officer, and she said that parole will get his file 6 months prior to his ped and they will go over everything with him at that point to see if he's approved. And after that his ped can change. But, no sooner than six months. They did give him all of his back time, and there is one year and 3 months left on his sentence, which is accurate with a ped of 10/06/2012. (i read the date wrong on the website.) anyways the po told me that by the time the six months is up, he should parole out sometime shortly after that. I appreciate all of the comments for help, but as someone said everyone's opinion is kind of overwhelming to me. By faith, i believe he'll be home within 7-8 months. Anybody have any other advice, feel free to let me know.

wendellswife80
07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Also, you can get on dallascounty.org and find out exactly how much back time someone has, thats how i know how much back time my husband has.

wendellswife80
07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Also, the projected release date (07/04/2015) is only the maximum sentence that he got. The po told me that that figure is irrelevant to me. That just shows the total time of the sentence that was given. The only date that matters is the parole eligibility date. Which is 10-06-2012.

jr214wifey
07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Also, you can get on dallascounty.org and find out exactly how much back time someone has, thats how i know how much back time my husband has.

what or how exactly do u find there back time on that website?

cphillips
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I think the best thing for you to do is call the parole board he falls under for clarification about PED/PRD eligibility etc. I don't think PO should've told you that the date was irrelevant because if it were it wouldn't be there. What I gather from your post is the 07/04/15 is his max date and PRD. Due to his offense being 3g the 07/04/15 is his PRD because he's not eligible for mandatory supervision. Don't confuse PED w/PRD they're two different things. His PRD is the date in which he will be released if he's not released on parole prior to that. His PED is the date in which he is eligible for parole not his release date. However, the bottom line is paorle makes the final decision when it comes to approving or denying someones parole. Just a F.Y.I if his max date is 07/04/15 they can very well deny him up until that day.

RobinsMan
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
All I can tell you is that he has not been given 3 years and 9 months of backtime by TDC or his MAX/PRD date would not be 7/4/2015. Unless something happens to cause them to change that date then your husband will remain in prison until that day unless the parole board votes to release him on parole. That is one month short of about four years from now. He was given 11 months of back time according to his MAX date and the arrest date that you gave.

I can also tell you that if an IPO tells you that his PED can change just because parole gets his file then you should not be listening to anything he has to say because he doesn't know what he is talking about. For a 3g offense, anything other than the discovery of an error in calculating the PED in the first place will cause that date to change.

His back time can be read off of his final judgement sheet which can usually be found on the Dallas County Disctrict Clerk's web site. This will not be expressed as a number of days of backtime but as periods during which he was incarcerated for the offense, given as start and end dates. That means to get the number of days of backtime you have to figure the number of days for each period and add them all up. I do not know what you saw on the Dallas county web site but I am respectfully skeptical that it was the backtime properly calculated for this sentence. I am curious if the 3 years and 9 days passes the sanity check for how much time he should have. When did he serve that much time for the offense for which he was on probation?

Edited to add that his PRD does happen to be irrelevent since his offense is 3g. Because of this he is not eligible for release to Mandatory Supervision and the PRD is the date he could be released early to MS. Since he is not eligible then they just set it to match the Maximum Sentence Date.

shotjas
07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
RobinsMan, I'm wondering if he was credited his time on probation (street time). If so, OMG that would be excellent case law to make changes to existing back time credits! By effect, I would've never served a day behind the walls, ever.. or for new charges that may/may not ever arise! I've paid it forward so to speak.

RobinsMan
07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
There is no such time as "street time" on a probated sentence. A person is either behind bars or they are not. Street time applies to those on parole but only possible for someone that has never had a 3g offense.

Y25
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I hesitate to get into this one since there are already people involved who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about TDCJ than me. But I have to say that I think your husband really needs to submit that I-60 to find out what backtime TDCJ has actually credited to him. What matters is what time TDCJ shows, not what the Dallas County site shows. If the information Dallas County shows is correct, then there has been a mistake made and you'll want to take the proper steps to get that corrected in TDCJ's system. But as Robinsman said, there is no way TDCJ has credited your husband with 3 years 9 months of backtime. If they had and your husband received a 5-year sentence that started on 6/9/11, his max out date would be in Sept 2012 which is a month before TDCJ even shows he is eligible for parole. You say that you believe they did give him 3 years and 9 months backtime because that would be "accurate with a PED of 10/6/12", but I don't think that's true. If they gave him all that backtime the Oct 2012 date should be more like his max date than just his parole eligibility date.

Maybe the overlapping sentences are causing some confusion on the Dallas County site. Could it be that for this charge your husband was only given credit for the time he spent in SAFPF? According to your original post, that would be about 10 months which would make more sense with a 7/4/15 max date.

My boyfriend is in TDCJ on DWI charges, and he had previously been to SAFPF. When he was sentenced to TDCJ he was given credit for his SAFPF time, but that was just the time he actually spent incarcerated in SAFPF -- not the street time he had accumulated since going to SAFPF.

As for the parole officer telling you that his PED could change in 6 months (when his line class and time earning status could change), that would be true if your husband's charge was not a 3g one. But my understanding is that people with 3g charges do not earn good time, and since that is the only thing that could change his PED, it shouldn't change from what is stated by TDCJ (as Robinsman already said).

Please understand that everyone on this site wants to help and you've had some very informed people give you their opinion on your situation. I know it can all be confusing and overwhelming and sometimes the information isn't what we want to hear, but know that we're here if you have more questions!

wendellswife80
07-28-2011, 09:18 AM
People people, i know whats going on with my husband. If you go on the website, you can see everytime he got locked up and everytime he was released. I dont need people on here treating me like an idiot. I know how to count and add, so i know how much back time he has. The max sentence date coincides with the five year sentence that he got, but it doesn't include his backtime. He ped includes his back time. You guys are so negative because of your certain situations, but that doesnt have anything to do with me and my husband. I know whats going on and i believe that someone who is employed by the criminal justice system would know more than the people on here. Thank for the advice but no thanks if its going to be negative. My husband knows how the system works, so maybe ill just listen to him. Btw, back time means everday that you spent behind bars. He was in from 5/27/04-10/22/2006. Then he was in from 8/29/2007-4/22/2008. Then he was in from 9/15/2009-3/8/2010. If you add that up it come to 3 years and 7 months plus the one month he spent in the county. I know how to add!!!

cphillips
07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok, hold up for a second. There's no need for this to get out of control, and really for no good reason at all. I'm sorry if you feel like people are treating you like an idiot, but I'm sure that was no ones intentions. Everybody here is entitled the their own opinion. There's no need to get offended. You're right everyones situation is different, and when you ask question some will answer based on their experience, what they've learned form others, etc.. As I stated the best thing for you to do is call the board he falls under. They can provide you with the most accurate information. Afterwards, please feel free to keep us informed. Therefore, we can use your situations to better help and understand someone else's.

wendellswife80
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
okay, so robinsman, please diregard my last statement. you have to understand how frustrated i am about this whole thing. you see, my husband and i just had two kids before he got locked up. one, born on 5/7/10, and the other born on 5/9/2011, and i dont want them to be without their father for this long. but you were right. he was only given 15 months of backtime from when he was in safpf. but the judge did tell him he was recieving all of his back time from the first time he was incarcerated. i apologize for coming of the way i did just now, im just sad, frustarted, angry and resentful of having to play the role of mom and dad. and im also going to law school, and its just hard. but, im willing to accept any and all advice from this point on. with him not having any new charges, what do you think his chances are of actually recieving parole?

cphillips
07-28-2011, 10:05 AM
It's kind of hard to say exactly what the likelihood of him being granted parole is, because they base their decision on a number of different factors like, the type of offense, time served, institutional adjustment etc.. The best thing for him to do is make his time work for him. Tell him to take up a trade, take classes offerered to him so on and so forth. Therefore, when he does see parole he has a lot of positive accomplishments. I understand how you feel having to play both mother and father. My husband he been in 7yrs on a 8 yr sentence. He's never had any interaction with or youngest other than behind prison walls. He got locked up when I was 6mths pregnant. So trust and believe there's a lot of people on here that can relate to your situation. But that's why we're here to support one another. Keep your faith, keep praying God does answer prayers.

wendellswife80
07-28-2011, 10:09 AM
thank you so much and once again, i apologize for my attitude. i just want my husband back and its really hard. but, after hearing your story, i believe our situation could be worse. and i do beleive that God answers prayers, so i will do just that. and i will definitely tell my husband to get a trade or something to occupy his time. just fyi, his charge is agg. robbery, and he committed it 2/2004. no new charges since, just a drug problem. thanks for all the support. hope your husband makes it home soon!!!

RobinsMan
07-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Believe me I do understand how frustrating it can all be and I took no offense. Please also believe that I was not trying to just be negative and I think I can say the same for others that were replying, as well. This whole business about prison is full of heartache and pain but there is nothing worse than false hope or misunderstaind that leads to greater disappointment.

One of the most frustrating things about what you are experiencing is not being able to know things. One thing you cannot know is when or if your husband will make parole. You ask what are the chances (your original question) but it is not really possible to know that answer. Even the statistics published by the parole division aren't detailed enough to apply to any individuals' case. We can speak in terms of those overall statistic and perhaps in generalities about aggravated cases versus non-agg but in the end it will only be speculation. You will see standard answers about chances such as "it is not possible to guess" or "anyone's odds are 50-50" or "few people make first parole but it does happen" to "agg cases will do 85% of their time". For every instance where one of those answers might have applied you can find 10 where it didn't.

Although I cannot give you odds I can make some observations. One, even though your husband has a sentence for an aggravated offense, it is a relatively short sentence and I think that the parole board will see that as an indication of how the court or DA felt about the offense. I mean, they could have hit him with 20 years but didn't. Also, though he has had a number of dirty UA's while on supervision he also managed to successfully completed parole in the past. He has also already seen his share of prison time so there is no need to keep him locked up just to make sure he knows what its all about. Will he make first parole or parole before he max's out? I have no idea but I can think of some things that might be in his favor.

In the middle of something about which there is so much there is no way to know or understand it is still possible to know or understand some things and those few things can be of some comfort. That is what got me through Robin's first time in prison. I wanted to just scream at the top of my lungs in frustration at being so helpless. Many of us hang on to at least the few things we can know for the comfort that it brings and being able to understand parole eligiblity, important dates, so on and so forth, can be one of those things.

Now, just to let you know, I still don't see his dates lining up with a 5 year sentence for aggravated robbery. If 7/4/2015 is his PRD/MAX date then his PED should be exactly 2 1/2 years before that which should place it around 1/5/2013. If he was arrested for the revocation on 6/9/2011 and not released after that then I count only 11 months of backtime, not 15. All I mean to do by telling you this is, if nothing else, to prepare you for adjustments in some of his dates if they happen.

One thing that might help is of you can get a copy of his final judgement sheet for his current sentence. It will detail the periods of incarceration that the court put on record as being the backtime he was awarded. It is on the Dallas county web site that you mentioned above but I'll paste a link to the search page below. I'll be glad to look for you if you want to share the necessary information by PM. I understand perfectly well that you may want to keep that private and will take no offense if you do not. Whatever you do, don't post it here on the board.

Believe me I do understand how frustrating it can all be and I took no offense. Please also believe that I was not trying to just be negative and I think I can say the same for others that were replying, as well. This whole business about prison is full of heartache and pain but there is nothing worse than false hope or misunderstaind that leads to greater disappointment.

One of the most frustrating things about what you are experiencing is not being able to know things. One thing you cannot know is when or if your husband will make parole. You ask what are the chances (your original question) but it is not really possible to know that answer. Even the statistics published by the parole division aren't detailed enough to apply to any individuals' case. We can speak in terms of those overall statistic and perhaps in generalities about aggravated cases versus non-agg but in the end it will only be speculation. You will see standard answers about chances such as it is not possible to guess or anyone's odds are 50-50 or few people make first parole but it does happen to agg cases will do 85% of their time. For every instance where one of those answers might have applied you can find 10 where it didn't.

Although I cannot give you odds I can make an observation. One, even though your husband has a sentence for an aggravated offense, it is a relatively short sentence and I think that the parole board will see that as an indication of how the court or DA felt about the offense. I mean, they could have hit him with 20 years but didn't. Also, though he has had a number of dirty UA's while on supervision he also managed to successfully completed parole in the past. He has also already seen his share of prison time so there is no need to keep him locked up just to make sure he knows what its all about. Will he make first parole or parole before he mazes out? I have no idea but I can think of some things that might be in his favor.

In the middle of something about which there is so much there is no way to know or understand it is still possible to know or understand some things and those few things can be of some comfort. That is what got me through Robin's first time in prison. I wanted to just scream at the top of my lungs in frustration at being so helpless. Many of us hang on to at least the few things we can know for the comfort that it brings and being able to understand parole eligiblity, important dates, so on and so forth, can be one of those things.

Now, just to let you know, I still don't see his dates lining up with a 5 year sentence for aggravated robbery. If 7/4/2015 is his PRD/MAX date then his PED should be exactly 2 1/2 years before that which should place it around 1/5/2013. If he was arrested for the revocation on 6/9/2011 and not released after that then I count only 11 months of backtime, not 15. All I mean to do by telling you this is, if nothing else, to prepare you for adjustments in some of his dates if they happen.

One thing that might help is of you can get a copy of his final judgement sheet for his current sentence. It will detail the periods of incarceration that the court put on record as being the backtime he was awarded. It is on the Dallas county web site that you mentioned above but I'll paste a link to the search page below. I'll be glad to look for you if you want to share the necessary information by PM. I understand perfectly well that you may want to keep that private and will take no offense if you do not. Whatever you do, don't post it here on the board.

http://courtecom.dallascounty.org/pav/

Take care of yourself and those little ones. All of this prison business will work out the way it will work out. There is only so much that you can do do cause things to work out any different and all is on God's hands anyway.

wendellswife80
07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow, that is a lot of info, and you are absolutely right, there is no way to say what will happen because its not up to us although some of us wish it was. I did look at his final judgement and he was credited for 15 months of back time and thats why his ped is 2012 and not 2013, because they've already credited him his back time. But we were under the impression that he was gettin all of his back time from the very beginning. But, since his revocation was drug related, he only got his safpf time which makes sense. I am doing the best i can with my boys and i know god will work it all out in our favor. He always does!!! Because you're right they could have given him the max for his sentence which is 99 years, so obviously the judge and da didnt think he was a threat to society. And yes, there are a lot of things going in his favor like the fact that he hasnt caught any new cases and that hes already successfully completed parole. Also, im in law school right now myself and i get a lot of good information that way also, by talking to different lawyers and court officials and what not. But i genuinely do appreciate all the feedback ive been getting since i joined this forum. If you have any other advice, you can let me know and yeas, you can look if you can be trusted with my husbands personal info. You can get on the dallas county clerks website and enter his case number. Let me know if i can trust you and i will pm you the info. Once again, thank you for all your help and i look forward to hearing from you again. Btw, is robin home yet?

RobinsMan
07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
No, Robin has been gone this time for 1 year and 2 days on a 6 year sentence. She did 25 months on a 5 the first time and we're not sure she'll get that lucky on a second bid.

wendellswife80
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
oh no, im sorry to hear that. I hope she will be home sooner thanlater. thanks for the info, oh and also, can i get contact visits with my husband or no?

RobinsMan
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Yes, you can have contact visits with your husband but after he has been in TDC for 60 days. Once he is classified and moves to GP then you can begin having visits but they will be regular though-the-glass visits where you talk over a phone until the 60 days is up. Oh, and he can't have any visits until he has been in for 30 days but they usually take that long or longer to be classified in the first place.

wendellswife80
07-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been hearing a lot about parole packets and i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them and when and how i get one started? Thanks for the info robinsman. I just hope he gets transferred somewhere closer before then.....

Renee
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I have been hearing a lot about parole packets and i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them and when and how i get one started? Thanks for the info robinsman. I just hope he gets transferred somewhere closer before then.....
Wendellswife,

If you look at the Stickys in the Parole Preparation Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594), you will find LOTS of great information about parole packets. They are what I used to create ours. I will send you a PM with the whole long parole file process, but it would be good to send a packet about six months before he is to be reviewed. Personally, I would trust Royce with personal information. He's been nohing but helpful since I've been on this site!

wendellswife80
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
renee,
thank you so much. I just want to do evrything I can on my part to make sure that his parole gets approved.