View Full Version : I need help finding out if this sounds right to send?

lovesmyman4ever
07-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Here is the story my boyfriend is at Bossier Medium he wants to get transfered to another facility in another parish and i am trying to write to the sheriff of the parish which runs the jail and i was wondering if this would sound right to send him if not please give me any advice of what to say.

Dear Mr. Sexton

I am writing on the behalf of my boyfriend Johnny D. Smith Sr. #35228. which is an inmate at the bossier medium facility in plain dealing . he is serving a 2 year sentence and has already served 14 months of his sentence. When he was picked up in springhill ya'll had held him over night for bossier parish on May 20,2010. He had told me that you had treated him nicely and he is afraid that if he remains at bossier medium that either two things will happen and that is he is either going to catch another charge and that he is afarid that he might get hurt because of the fight. He is afarid for his life and safety there. Because there is fights braking out all the time there and he is afraid that he might get mixed in the fights and get hurt and all he is trying to do is serve his time and not make any trouble there. we are wondering if you might approve a transfer with another inmate from your facility out with him at bossier medium.we would gladly apperate you taking the concenderation of the transfer to mind. and thank you for your time.

Sincerely Yours
Misty Johnson

akaptrosa
07-21-2011, 12:03 AM
I don't know what to think of it. I know many women write on behalf of their loved one and maybe they will chime in with some advice.

I am not a warden, so I don't know what types of letters they receive on the regular, but if I received this, I might be questioning your boyfriend. I might assume that something more is going on that now, after doing over half of his sentence he wants to transfer out because of fear of gaining another charge and fighting? Maybe you could go more into detail in the letter, because to me, it almost sounds like your boyfriend is in some sort of trouble and wants to get out of the facility asap. I also really wonder why you stated to transfer him out with another inmate?

Just my thoughts, maybe someone can give you a different take on it...

Good luck with the transfer. :)

lovesmyman4ever
07-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't know what to think of it. I know many women write on behalf of their loved one and maybe they will chime in with some advice.

I am not a warden, so I don't know what types of letters they receive on the regular, but if I received this, I might be questioning your boyfriend. I might assume that something more is going on that now, after doing over half of his sentence he wants to transfer out because of fear of gaining another charge and fighting? Maybe you could go more into detail in the letter, because to me, it almost sounds like your boyfriend is in some sort of trouble and wants to get out of the facility asap. I also really wonder why you stated to transfer him out with another inmate?

Just my thoughts, maybe someone can give you a different take on it...

Good luck with the transfer. :)
because here in louisiana you have to make an inmate for inmate transfer. and no he is not into nothing bad but the jail where he is at is always having fights and he just wants out of that jail before he gets mixed in with the fights that are brakeing out and we have been trying since day one to get him transfered out and nothing has happened yet

Patty
07-21-2011, 01:34 AM
I would not send such a letter. It could cause suspicion or make him a target. If you are hell bent on sending a letter please run it through spell/grammar check because you will want to be taken seriously. Also I wouldn't put that much information about my man out for public view. This is the internet and you never know who is reading this.

VinnysGirl
07-21-2011, 01:37 AM
I think its a bad idea to put so much personal info out there...you might want to rethink that.

lovesmyman4ever
07-21-2011, 02:23 AM
then what should i put in the letter then... I have Never written a letter like this before

Patty
07-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Basically you want him transferred. I'm thinking you'd need a really good reason and the one you've given us is unlikely to garner successful results. Your energy is probably better spent in other ways to support your husband.

Nenia
07-21-2011, 03:20 AM
I think its a bad idea to put so much personal info out there...you might want to rethink that.

Yes, I would say go straight ahead, edit your post and delete the names and the # from your post as this is public and can be seen by everyone.

LifeTraveler
07-21-2011, 04:22 PM
First of all, please be cautious in posting too much personal information on a public forum.

Second of all, you would need to address the warden as Warden "so and so", not Mr.

The third thing is that the warden will need a better reason than your boyfriend trying to avoid fights. Does he have any skills that would be beneficial to the facility he wants to go to?

The other thing is that the warden would have to find another inmate who is willing to trade places with your boyfriend. They are not going to transfer him just like that. They'll only want to do a body for body swap.

Last, but not least, don't be surprised if the warden doesn't answer your letter at all. When I was trying to get my husband transferred to another facility, I received one reply from one warden. Nobody else even bothered to acknowledge my letters.

RainyCola
07-21-2011, 10:44 PM
okay - here's some advice from someone who worked at a parish facility before.

#1: do not send that letter.

#2: unless it comes from the inmate himself, rarely will attention will be paid to any transfer request. has he ever asked to speak to the warden? has he ever asked the facility he's at for a transfer?

#3: if he's a parish inmate, forget about the transfer. it won't happen. if he's a DOC inmate, keep in mind that if they do agree to a transfer, they're not entitled to put him where he wants to go. they may even consider it quite presumptuous that you are asking for him to be transferred to a specific facility.

#4: "trying to avoid fights" is not a valid reason for a transfer.

get him to work on that transfer. you're "only" his girlfriend. they more than likely aren't going to even pay attention to your requests.

i'm not trying to be harsh. sorry if it's coming across that way.

lovesmyman4ever
07-21-2011, 11:44 PM
ok thanks for the advice LifeTravler and Moxie

hey LifeTravler what do you know about this 3 for 1 law that in effect in August is that for the ones that where arressted and serving time now are is it just for the ones that just got arressted

LifeTraveler
07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
ok thanks for the advice LifeTravler and Moxie

hey LifeTravler what do you know about this 3 for 1 law that in effect in August is that for the ones that where arressted and serving time now are is it just for the ones that just got arressted

I don't know which law you're talking about, BUT, if it's the one I think you're talking about, it's only for those who are sentenced on or after August 15, 2011.

lovesmyman4ever
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
ok thanks for the help

dixiebelle1973
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't send that letter true. One thing yall might consider. My man gave me POA papers so I can handle his affairs. It does make it easier.