View Full Version : How many days is a year in kentucky for a state inmate

missmydarling
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
My fiance is in jail he in a state inmate can someone please tell me with the new laws and this hb463 how many days is considered a year for a state inmate in Kentucky and leave a link if possible. THANKS SO MUCH!!! If it is 6 months like i have heard then his time should be served!!! :rock::rock::rock:

patchouli
07-09-2011, 12:08 PM
If he's a Class D inmate, he'll be eligible for parole after serving 15%. If he's a Class C, B or A, its 20%. Violent and Sex offenses serve 85%. No 1/2 time in ky and the only way to get 6 months off a sentence is for the inmate to complete 2 separate programs that are at least 6 months long.

Sounds like your fiance is a short-timer and will be home soon. Congratulations :D and welcome to PTO!

misslovinghim2
07-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Well my guy got time off of his sentence....Idk how they figured it up but he said it was good time, but im unsure about the whole concept of it. I just know that his serve out date lowered by a year....

missmydarling
07-09-2011, 03:34 PM
If he's a Class D inmate, he'll be eligible for parole after serving 15%. If he's a Class C, B or A, its 20%. Violent and Sex offenses serve 85%. No 1/2 time in ky and the only way to get 6 months off a sentence is for the inmate to complete 2 separate programs that are at least 6 months long.

Sounds like your fiance is a short-timer and will be home soon. Congratulations :D and welcome to PTO! He has already went up for parole on june 21st 2011 and got a serve out all we are wandering is how many days is considered a year as a state inmate is it 6 months or 7 months 21days?

misslovinghim2
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh, from what I heard w/ good time it is 7mnths and 21days for 1 year.

patchouli
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
The 7/21 is if he's doing his sentence at 20% to the Board, which he is not if he's serving out. If he's serving out, you really don't need to figure the percent. Its going to depend on how much good time he earns to take off the end of the sentence. His good time should be calculated and deducted every month and depends on what classes/programs he takes and whether he works or not etc. It also depends on whether he gets any write-ups, which can take away any good time earned. Nothing is set in stone.

RedSkittle
07-14-2011, 11:37 PM
can anybody help me with a Q? im so confused. i know my friend is class D. he just keeps gettin sent to county jails. hes been in bout 2 years & he goes up for parole in january he says. i know he finished a sap?? program in the last jail. but what are odds of him gettin parole & no he doesnt have a home placement? if not will he always be in county jails & how can i tell what exactly his sentence is? like if its 3 charges 5 yrs each does he do 5 or 15? help?

patchouli
07-15-2011, 08:20 AM
My Mr was in 3 different county jails (that house state inmates) before landing at Roederer for Assessment & Classification. However, the state is keeping many low-level Class D offenders with short sentences at the county level for budget reasons these days. Completetion of t he SAP Program will taek 90 days off the end of his sentence and looks good when going before the Parole Board. If the Judge ordered his sentences concurrent (at the same time) he'll do 15% of 5 years to the Board, or serve out at the 5 years. If the Judge ordered the sentences consecutive (one after the other) he'll do 15% of 15 years to the board, with a 15 year serve out. However, even if consecutive, he'll see the Board more than once and most likely be granted parole well before the 15 years in up IF he stays out of trouble, works, take classes/programs etc.

If he's been in 2 years and sees the Board in January, most likely his sentences are concurrent (at the same time)....and that's actually a 50% timeframe, has he seen the Board once before?

RedSkittle
07-15-2011, 10:10 AM
im not entirely sure but on that kool website where it say parole info it says hearing date of 5/6/2010 & hearing action says serve out & months deferred says not applicable. on that vine line it says he comes up for parole 1/12 and sentence expires sometime in 2018? i did call somewhere 2day that said he was a class d level 1 thats y he has to stay in county & all counties in eastern & northern ky are overcrowed & thats y he keeps bein moved to western ky. i just feel bad for him he been gone like 2 yrs wit no visits or nothin but im not driving 5 hours to go talk 2 him on a phone for 30 mins. :( btw this is just a friend. 4 my hubby id do all that & then some more. but luckily my hubby is in my state & they dont do the county thing that way. i just feel bad for my friend ya kno

sass4221
07-15-2011, 09:32 PM
It doesn't make any sense that in 2010 he got a serve out, but comes up for parole in January 2012. If his maximum serve out date is 2018, then his 5 years x3 was consecutive or he had time on the shelf that he has to complete. When did he go in?

RedSkittle
07-15-2011, 09:55 PM
cant remember exactly but it was 09 & seems like it was hot out..

RedSkittle
07-15-2011, 09:58 PM
ok when i look at kool it says inst start date...10/07/09 oh & actually whoever i spoke to 2day said he will see the board 2 months early in nov. but if he gets it he wouldnt get out till jan. 2012....this is all just so confusing!

patchouli
07-15-2011, 10:28 PM
New law....Parole Board sees the inmates 60 days before their eligibility date, but if granted parole they don't get out early. They still have to serve that 60 days, they just know if they're getting out or not. Not a smart move in my opinion, but it is what it is.

Timsgirl2011
05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
ok when i look at kool it says inst start date...10/07/09 oh & actually whoever i spoke to 2day said he will see the board 2 months early in nov. but if he gets it he wouldnt get out till jan. 2012....this is all just so confusing!

what website where do I get this website and parole date info???

sass4221
05-25-2012, 05:59 PM
This is for KOOL (http://apps.corrections.ky.gov/KOOL/ioffsrch.asp) (Kentucky Online Offender Lookup)

The parole board has a site too, but only list 2 months in advance. Here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491904) is out link to the KY parole board info

redxdawn
06-07-2012, 12:15 PM
What facilities has he been transferred to in western ky? What facility is he in now?