View Full Version : Help on Halfway houses in Phoenix area

ladydinaz
04-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Any of you Arizonians out there know anything on the Half way house's in the phx. area??? My guy said they want a parole pkg done about 8 months ahead and since that is comming up for him soon he wanted me to get some info on hald-way house's. I am trying to convince him to parole to me but we will just have to wait and see, so mean while I like to get some info fo him to help make up his mind. Any help I can get I would greatly appreciate. Thank you all and keep Smiling.

410 DAYS TO MY HONEYS RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissJC
04-14-2004, 10:02 AM
ladyinaz, here is the number to St. Vincents, they do have some programs to help inmates once they are out and maybe they can hook you up!

602-261-6836

ebontortuga23
04-15-2004, 04:46 AM
My husband told me they give them a list of half-way houses and that they have to write to them ahead of time & ask for placement approval. Could you call the prison he's at and get a list or go on-line and type in a "key word" search for them? My advice: steer clear of any of the one's in the downtown or Sunnyslope areas. Especially if he has a drug addiction. I know TLC is in Sunnyslope. DON"T send him there! My opinion is to check out Chandler or one that is away from busy areas.
Take Care!
YVonne

Crystalclear24
04-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Well, I don't know too much on half way houses except what i was told by Jeremy. He is due to be released in August. The place he is going to is called One Step Closer. It is in Phoenix. It is co-ed and I do know they make him pay rent and that they help to find him a job and stuff. I know that Aizona will not parole an inmate out to someone, unless they are either married or a blood realitive. But if you are married and he is paroled to you they do all kinds of things before they are released to you. Like come to your home to see that the housing is good. He has a room with a dresser, bed etc. So if I were you I would call or look online maybe to find out the pro's and con's of each option. Then show him and see what he says. Hope that helps some. :)

ladydinaz
04-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanx Everyone For The Info, I Did Not Know That They Wont Let Him Parole To Me Unless We Are Married So I Guess I Will Have To Burst The Bubble And Tell Him Will Have To Look Into Something Else.