View Full Version : CFRC--Please help!!

alh225
06-20-2011, 05:59 PM
My loved one was sent to CFRC one week ago today, June 13th 2011. I have yet to receive a phone call. He was in the county jail for 2 years and 7 months before finally getting sentenced. I grew accustom to the daily phone calls and weekly visits, but to go from that to nothing is driving me crazy. He was sentenced to 15 years so I know he will be sent to a different camp. I was just wondering how long before he is able to make phone calls and how long before he is sent to his main camp. The group that went it with him was only a group of 21 people and he said in the one letter I have received thus far, that he will have everything done (educational testing, psychological testing, classification officer interview, physical etc.) by today, Monday the 20th. I have read and heard so many different stories, I just want to be able to see him and talk to him, this letter stuff is not cutting it. PLEASE HELP!!!

Steve'sweetpea1
06-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey...I know it is frustrating to wait soo long. It took me and my BF 8 days of silence before I heard from him. And I heard it can take several weeks. He was sent from county to CFRC on May28th 2011. I too was content to the county situation (given the situation that he had to be in jail).

I actually adapted to the situation and it was tolerable. But, with CFRC I was totally thrown off with their procedure. It was a terribly long wait for us to finally be approved to communicate via phone. You will need a lot of patience for awhile.

But this is what you have to do to get the ball rolling;

1)You have to make two copies of your home phone bill and make sure your name,address and phone number are on the bill. It has to be a land line not a cell phone. It is vital that this is done right the first time so when he puts your number on the phone request form that they find nothing on it to deny his request. If they deny his request, you might have to wait six months for them to review his next phone request, I was told. So..You should send one copy to him with his name and DC number on it with the CFRC address, and make sure you put the housing unit he is at on the envelope with the address too. He probably is at the CFRC Main unit since that's where they send the inmates when they first get there. If you dont know his DC number or which housing unit he is at, then go on the Central Florida Orlando Reception Center website and look him up under "NEW OFFENDER SEARCH" Type his name etc and it should pull him up if he is in the system which he would be if he has been there a week. So send one copy to him and one copy to his classification officer or just put on the envelope ATTENTION; Classifications with his name and DC number and the CFRC address. Mail him a copy and the second copy to classifications. If you call the main number you can ask who his classification officer is and then send the phone bill directly to her at CFRC. 2)You also need to set up your collect call account. I have Brighthouse for my landline phone service, but they dont allow collect calls. However, they do allow you to use another phone service provider that does accept collect calls separate from them. I called SecurusTech {which is also called Correctional Billing Services.) They serve inmates' at the CFRC facility.You can also go online to securustech.net.

Either way you need to call them to create a prepaid collect call account so he can call you collect whenever he wants. You will still use your home phone number and keep your original home phone provider, Securus is a separate charge. But be prepared, the whole approval process may take a lot of time since CFRC mail dept etc is soooo behind. For the whole 8 days we werent able to talk on the phone, he didnt receive any of my letters till a week after he was calling me. I sent him a letter the first day he was sent there! He thought I didnt care about him anymore, it was maddening to me cuz he was already so depressed and I felt helpless in letting him know I loved him still. To make matters worse,we had had a fight the night he left and that made it all the more frustrating that we couldnt reach each other to make up or to end it. I didn't know where we stood in our relationship and I felt like I was in Limbo for eight days. The non communication and miscommunication was killing us both. And now? Now I was told I cant visit him till he is at his permanent location for 60 days. I dont know if thats true or if they meant 60 days total from the beginning of incarceration, which obviously started in county. Wishful thinking probably.Nothing's that simple there.
Now I can only pray that they dont send him all the way to the Panhandle 7 hours away from me and my boys. My Mom has Alzheimer's too so if I have to drive 7 hours to visit him, I dont know how it will work, i have two little boys. I cant afford a sitter and I have nobody else to help me watch them while I go visit him. Yep, County was hell enough but Orlando is BRUTAL! I just feel like a flower without sun without him I miss and love him so much, if he only knew how much. And he thinks its all just peaches and cream for me here cuz Im in the "free" world. Without him here Im not feeling free. I feel so lost. And If I do anything, go anywhere or seem happy about anything, he gives me hell. I feel so bad for him cuz he is so used to being in control over everything and he is so strong and now its driving him crazy he can't control everything I do. Even going out for Mother's day made him in a panic and the truth is Id rather stay home and talk to him and thats what I usually end up doing anyways, hes my best friend. And God forbid I go out,lol I dont dare go out til his shut off time at Ten and I adore him but I have to get out of the house once in awhile for my sanity!! I am just not handling all this well. I really dont know how some of these women do it! Im so weak. I dont want anyone else at all, thats not an issue, its the worries I have with him in there is tearing me apart and the regimented schedule where if he doesn't call I cant communicate with him to see if he is ok. . My gosh, If we could only see each other now, just once, it would make everything better. But he is still in the main unit not even at his permanent location yet, wherever that will be and whenever that will be. Of course they wont tell us anything! Then I have to wait another two months to visit him??!! Ughhh this just sucks! He my as well be on Mars!

By the way,3) Make sure you put money on his trust account too so he can get stuff like stamps and envelopes and real food, cigarettes or soda. Again youll need his DC number and you can send it thru Western Union or Jpay. I would send it via phone the first time and you need to send it before 8pm if you want him to have it by the next day. Lastly, 4)After you send the phone bill to his classification officer and to him, call his classification officer and verify if she received your phone bill and ask her if she ok'd it and sent it off yet. Ask her if she received the phone list from your friend and if it was sent to Securustech yet then call Securustech to make sure your account has been cleared and approved for him to call you. Ask them to make sure their is nothing restricting him to call you and ask them if they received his phone list. And, make sure your home phone provider Brighthouse, Comcast whoever doesn't have any blocks restricting you from receiving collect calls to your residence. Also make sure your home phone bill is paid so there is nothing preventing his calls to you. If you do all this and call CFRC everyday and Securus everyday they will want you to stop nagging them and they will get the phone approved for him to call you. That's exactly what I did and it was turned on in 8 days. Time seemed to stand still till we finally talked, but patience is the key, they are slow as crap! If you mail him anything, it takes forever! And, it has to be sent through the US Mail not Federal Express or they will send it back to you. They read everything too, just so you know. Well, I Hope this helps you! Now I need a drink! Lol good Luck~ Ciao

NAN425
06-21-2011, 05:15 AM
You don't have to send copies of your phone bill to get approved. Sometimes it helps in certain situations. All five numbers on my husband's list were approved without copies of the bill, and he had phone privileges in less than two weeks. (It was probably sooner but I was out of town on a business trip so I wasn't home for him to try calling me earlier.)

You don't look up inmates by going to the site of the individual facility. There is a central population search on DOC's website that all you have to know is the person's name to use:

Population Search (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/)

It's not true that you can't visit for the first 60 days. You just have to wait until they arrive at their permanent facility to submit the visitation application. The form is available on this website - you can mail it the day they arrive at the facility. I visited my husband less than 2 weeks after he arrived at his permanent facility, almost a month to the day that he arrived in DOC custody from county.

Mail to my husband has always been very fast in my experience - 3-4 days.

Reception time sucks because it is a time of uncertainty and waiting to establish some routine and because of concern about where your loved one will be sent. But it's usually over pretty quickly and then things settle down some.

NAN425
06-21-2011, 05:23 AM
And he thinks its all just peaches and cream for me here cuz Im in the "free" world. Without him here Im not feeling free. I feel so lost. And If I do anything, go anywhere or seem happy about anything, he gives me hell. I feel so bad for him cuz he is so used to being in control over everything and he is so strong and now its driving him crazy he can't control everything I do. Even going out for Mother's day made him in a panic and the truth is Id rather stay home and talk to him and thats what I usually end up doing anyways, hes my best friend. And God forbid I go out,lol I dont dare go out til his shut off time at Ten and I adore him but I have to get out of the house once in awhile for my sanity!! I am just not handling all this well. I really dont know how some of these women do it! Im so weak. I dont want anyone else at all, thats not an issue, its the worries I have with him in there is tearing me apart and the regimented schedule where if he doesn't call I cant communicate with him to see if he is ok. . My gosh, If we could only see each other now, just once, it would make everything better. But he is still in the main unit not even at his permanent location yet, wherever that will be and whenever that will be. Of course they wont tell us anything! Then I have to wait another two months to visit him??!! Ughhh this just sucks! He my as well be on Mars!

First off, if he doesn't call and you are really that worried about him, you can call the facility's control room and ask to do a status check on him. They can tell you if he is in general pop, detention, or medical.

Second, it doesn't sound to me like he's acting very grateful for the sacrifices you are making for him. Please make sure you think hard about the choices you are making. Make sure you aren't giving up YOU for him.

~*~His Bella~*~
06-21-2011, 06:50 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread...give the phone calls a few more days. My first call took 10 days and he was shipped 6 and a half hours away the next morning. Once your calls are approved, that's one more hurdle behind you. Then once he transfers, your next one is the visitation application, so get that filled out and ready to go so you can mail it as soon as he transfers. If you have questions, you can PM me. I just went through all this in May and I'm happy to help.

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk