View Full Version : Trying to find a counselor

Margmelon
06-16-2011, 11:33 PM
My fiance is incarcerated in an Idaho prison and I live in Colorado. I am looking for a licensed counselor to write a note saying that its ok for my son to see his father.

I guess im just wondering if anyone has been in this situation and can help me out.

seansbabyluv
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
My fiance is incarcerated in an Idaho prison and I live in Colorado. I am looking for a licensed counselor to write a note saying that its ok for my son to see his father.

I guess im just wondering if anyone has been in this situation and can help me out.

Is your husband not being allowed to see his son? Is his son a victim in his offense? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the counselor can do for you and your son to get visitation with his dad. There's licensed counselors everywhere here, if you have medical insurance you should be able to find one. How old is your son?

Margmelon
06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
No my son isnt related to the crime. My fiance got arrested when I was 3 months pregnant. Hes only 5 months old. He will be allowed to see his son once I get a note. My fiances crime is sex related but ive asked a few counselors and the told me there was nothing they can do.

DLzBaby
06-17-2011, 11:12 AM
My guess is you will have a hard time with that here in CO. We have some of the toughest SO laws (and some of the stupidest on occasion) around, and most agencies are afraid to rock the boat. Why exactly does he need a note? If you could let us know that maybe we could come up with some ideas?

Margmelon
06-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I honestly dont know i was just suppose to get a note saying its in the best interest for my son to see his dad. He got this idapa form and it says I need a note idk im struggling with it.

seansbabyluv
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I honestly dont know i was just suppose to get a note saying its in the best interest for my son to see his dad. He got this idapa form and it says I need a note idk im struggling with it.

Usually here in Colorado, it's the DOC counselor's that make that determination and decide if it's in the child's best interest to have contact with their parent. Is your fiance participating in SO classes in Idaho? I would think it would be up to them to make the decision. An outside counselor here in Colorado wouldn't be able to do that without working with your fiance. At 5 months old, there's little they can do with a baby as far as counseling.

Try calling the Idaho DOC and ask who you would talk to within their system about getting visitation approved for your son. I hate to keep sending you other groups on PTO, but there's the LASO forum, they can be a lot of help for you. (Loving A Sex Offender)