View Full Version : Approved for Visits!!

gurlsetzfire
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
So, I guess I've been super lucky. Within less then 3 weeks I've been approved for phones calls and today found out I'm approved to visit!!! I'm so excited but so nervous! He's still in MAU, and I'm planning on heading there for a visit the weekend of the 25th. I cant wait to see him! I know the visits are behind glass but I just want to see him and his gorgeous smile! I'm terrified about going into the prison. I have been reading the threads but and still so nervous because I'm not sure what to expect. HELP! I've visited him in CNCC, but Millhaven scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

dag121
06-15-2011, 12:09 PM
So, I guess I've been super lucky. Within less then 3 weeks I've been approved for phones calls and today found out I'm approved to visit!!! I'm so excited but so nervous! He's still in MAU, and I'm planning on heading there for a visit the weekend of the 25th. I cant wait to see him! I know the visits are behind glass but I just want to see him and his gorgeous smile! I'm terrified about going into the prison. I have been reading the threads but and still so nervous because I'm not sure what to expect. HELP! I've visited him in CNCC, but Millhaven scares me.

How did you find out you were approved? Do they contact you or did they tell your loved one?

gurlsetzfire
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
They gave my man a letter advising him thy I had been approved for visits then he called to give me the good news. He has only been at MAU since the 3rd or 4th of June so I guess we were just really lucky.

gurlsetzfire
06-15-2011, 03:30 PM
The only time I was contacted was when they checked to see if I was willing to take calls from him.

gurlsetzfire
06-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Any suggestions for hotels close to Millhaven? I'm heading there the weekend of the 25th. I'm freaking out about what is acceptable to wear, well basically the whole process. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Freedakid
06-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Yay! congrats Gurl!! Visits are usually about 2 hours behind glass, don't wear a cardigan, or jacket...they prefere a one piece shirt, and i suggest long sleeve cuz it can get pretty cold in there. You arrive at the check in building, sign in, provide your id, they swab an ariticle of clothing or jewellery to detect for drugs and you walk through a metal detector. Than you walk up to the jail, if the dog is there (friendly of coarse) you stand in a line with the other visitor and he sniffs for drugs. After that its steps away to seeing you man! There's a washroom in the visiting area and basically you get to sit face to face, speak through a phone and talk with your man for 2 hours. It's good for them too, cuz they never get out of their cells that long at MAU.

gurlsetzfire
06-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanx, I'm really excited to see him! I'm heading down to visit on the 3rd of July instead, but am having a hard time finding a hotel because I've never been there before. Any suggestions? What time are the visits on weekends? I live 7 hours away so I'll only be able to visit every 4-6 weeks until I graduate next year and move closer. God I miss him.

Molly1
06-19-2011, 05:48 AM
The nearest hotels would either be in Napanee or in Kingston, the prison itself is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

irishroots
06-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Good Morning, Yes I think staying in Kingston is your best bit I assume you are driving as you have read the institution itself is out in now where land for sure. They use to have a place in Kingston I wish I could remember the name a house where you can stay real cheap you just have to donate/pay like $30.00 a night and they have a clean room and a big kitchen so you can cook your own food etc. I will try and look for the name and number and post it for everyone. Yes it is a proces just to get in but like so many of us when you do and see him then it's well worth it. So can you visit him all weekend like Saturday and Sun. 7 hours drive what are you coming from Windsor or soemthing????? Good luck and again I will do a search for that info.

gurlsetzfire
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I can't visit both days because apparently I have to complete the first visit before booking the second one. I am driving down from Sudbury. It's a pretty far trip but totally worth it! It's too bad visits are only 2 hours behind glass but as long as I get to see him I'm happy. I'll be booking my visit for Sunday morning. It'll be scheduled for the 830 visiting time because I'd like to be on the road and home before dark. I just have to call and book it, which I'll be doing later today. I'm excited but nervous because I had major surgery and my pain medication can be a potential problem with the ion scanner. I have made an appointment with my family physician to get a doctors note to give to the guards, I'm not sure what more I can do aside from not taking my medication. I think once I have my first visit and see the institution and procedures, I'll feel better.