View Full Version : Texas Early release bill- did it pass?

swtpee
06-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I am Looking for any information about TX early release for non violent offenders did it pass ?

Texas75662
06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I am Looking for any information about TX early release for non violent offenders did it pass ?

I am looking for the same information....Have daughter in Dawson State Jail. She is a non violent offender...has till July 2012 for release date, but trying to find out if there is a possiblity she could be released early. Would appreciate any info. any one has to share.

Cara1947
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
There was no bill introduced that I can find, but I've read stories about releases of non-violent medical-dependent inmates early.

OffenderNoMore
06-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I am looking for the same information....Have daughter in Dawson State Jail. She is a non violent offender...has till July 2012 for release date, but trying to find out if there is a possiblity she could be released early. Would appreciate any info. any one has to share.

Hi. I was in Dawson for 20 months and was released in October 2010. For several years, there was rumors of early release. Since my release, I've been looking for the same information. The only thing I have been able to find pertains to ID offender, not state jail inmates. It breaks my heart to know that rumor is still going around, what makes it bad is that it is perpetuated by the guards because they enjoy watching the drama that arises out of it in the dorms. I wished I could tell you something better, I pray that all goes well for her while she is there.

I have attached a couple of links for stories that talk about what Texas is doing towards early release.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110516/us_ac/8481573_texas_looks_at_early_release_of_elderly_pr isoners_to_save_health_care_costs

http://blogs.courant.com/capitol_watch/2011/05/senate-debating-controversial.html

airmiles
06-19-2011, 11:42 PM
The rumour surfaces every time the Lege is in session. There was no Bill passed this time round that dealt with early release for anyone. Even the Bill that included medical parole didn't make it through.

mjnewt
08-09-2011, 01:34 PM
If you are referring to Bill HB 3366, which allows parole for state Jail offenders after serving 75 percent of there time.. The answer is yes the bill will go into effect Sept 1 2011 only those admitted to state jail on or after that date are eligible.