View Full Version : Inmate Calling Solutions? Anyone have any experience with them?

Wifey2Bee
04-10-2004, 04:22 PM
does anyone know about or have experience with Inmate Calling Solutions?

Gemini4lif
05-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes! My husband is incarcerated in Georgia and I am in Virginia. I had no problems accepting his calls until the other day. My call was blocked and I was directed to call ICS. They told me that my phone company no longer had an agreement with ICS and that I would have to pay $56 to open an account with them to continue to receive calls (basically pre-pay for his collect calls). I did that just so I could get his calls, but I already signed up with Prison Calls Online, so hopefully I will get a number from them soon to give to him so that I dont have to pay ICS anymore money. It is a total rip-off.

Patrice

David
06-09-2004, 07:49 PM
I think it should be known that there is a difference between the "phone system company" and the discount prison calls company called Inmate Calling Solutions.

The one that offers discount pre-pay prison calls is www.InmateCallingSolutions.net (http://www.InmateCallingSolutions.net)

The other company that isn't working to reduce your calls is www.InmateCallingSolutions.com (http://www.InmateCallingSolutions.com) .

You can browse both sites and see what I am talking about..

Inmate Calling Solutions . COM is in the prisons and blocks inmate calls to numbers they consider high volume. They have nothing to do with PCO, ICS.net or even Outside Connections.

Wingy
09-03-2004, 03:16 PM
I am looking at both of these sites and they appear to be the same, even the mailing adress...am i crazy????????? My guy sent me a newspaper add for them to look into coz PCO would actually cost more than T Netix (believe it or not) i know i was surprised!!!

enoughgrace
02-22-2009, 03:33 PM
At the first two institutions we had to use GlobelTel. Now it is ICS. If you look at their website it is a little disturbing. They are basically a company in business to SERVE prisons. Now that is not a bad thing except they are recording our phone calls and video taping the prisoner to ASSIST the prison should they want to build a case against an inmate. Just remember that whatever you discuss will be used against you if it can be. Hopefully there is nothing left in anyone's life that will still bring them trouble, but still, you should be aware that big brother is listening. Also, they will block calls to any number that is called frequently and they cut you off after 15 minutes instead of the 30 that GlobelTel allows so as soon as you get over the Hi, how are yous, and I miss you so much stuff, it is over and your loved one is gone again. The cost is basically the same. $10.00 for 30 minutes. However, ICS has a smaller application fee. Guess that is everything I know about it. Hope it helped.

chronistra
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
ALL of the phone calls coming out of the prisons are being recorded. Even if you use ConsCallHome or one of the other outside services, the prison itself is contracting with CBS or Embarq or ICS or one of a handful of others, so your call is going through their system first, and IT WILL BE RECORDED.

The rates and specific rules depend much more on the specific prison system rather than ICS or whatever other company. For example, the state of Kansas uses ICS, and calls can be up to two hours (local calls are a little over $2.00, with no prepay application fee at all).

ksweeney2
03-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I've ICS and haven't had any problem in Kansas either. I do it all online.

futrmrsd
03-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I DO not like ICS at all!! I had to change my phone # but still had a credit on the phone # thru ICS. I called to transfer credit to my new number, they will NOT do it, so they said they would put a credit on my acct within 5-7 days. GUESS WHAT, they are liars!! Come to find out they are "behind" 4 weeks in the refund department so I have to wait until April to get it. APRIL!! so I asked to speak to someone in the "refund" department, well ma'am they are all on vacation!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? They are a bunch of freakin idiots. I know if I was at work, and was behind, my butt doesnt get to go on vacation.. OH and I put in for this request on 3/11, they were notified by "refund" dept that they were behind 3/17. A week after I called.. I am furious!!

Mrs.Official05
03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
I have ICS. I haven't had any problems with them. Our state use to deal with Global Tel and truthfully I would choose ICS over GTL anyday. When I use to call they answered the phone right away and helped me with whatever I was calling about. I don't call them anymore I just use their website to put money. www.inmatecallingsolutions.com (http://www.inmatecallingsolutions.com) and their phone number is 1(888) 506-8407

timsbaby41
03-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I too use ic solutions and never had a problem

kaysokaywrap
04-02-2010, 03:09 AM
does anyone know about or have experience with Inmate Calling Solutions?

I have all of your answers, I work for inmate calling solutions.
It's simple. We set up prepaid collect calling from jails all over the country. Note: we do not service select jails. MOST jails do not have a minumum you have to pay. KDOC, and a few other have minumums but they do not have a processing fee. but if you pay under 50 in PREPAID TALK TIME, there is a 5.95 processing fee.

NOTE; Collect calling from jails IS DIFFERENT then collect calls from other companies.
I would be happy to answer any of your questions!

dmf
04-19-2010, 09:52 AM
How long did it take you guys to get your number? Cause it's been a week and I still don't have mine. I've emailed and talked to someone on the phone...still isn't here today.