View Full Version : 4/9/04 Georgia member check in.....

strongernow
04-10-2004, 05:47 PM
How is everyone doing?
I can hardly believe it is Easter already! Another holiday as an incomplete family... and guess what, we aren't doing anything special to celebrate tomorrow. The little bit of family that I do have up here is not speaking to me right now. Although my one cousin is totally supportive of me, the rest of them do not "approve of my lifestyle". Don't get me started.

Counting down the days till I get to go see my baby.... I can't wait! Should be the first or second week of May for his birthday.. woo hoo! Still waiting to get my approval back from the prison also.

Our baby girl, Tatum, turned 12 weeks old today. It truly breaks my heart that she still has not been able to see her daddy. I know it's just eating him up inside, too. Now that it's nice outside my son is always out playing and keeps talking about the things he and his Daddy Chris used to do last year. We all miss him so much!

My fiance goes up for parole mid-end May, say your prayers for us! Hopefully they will send him home. His 1/3 of time will be June 12, 2004. I just pray he comes home soon. he says that people are leaving everyday from the prison so hopefully he will be one of the next ones to go in the near future.

Thats about all with us, work has been chaotic for me lately, we are extremely understaffed and overworked in turn. Now that it's spring there is lots of yard work that needs to be done and just not enough time to do it all with the kids who need and deserve all my attention when I get home from work before they go to bed. Gosh we miss our Daddy! :)

I hope everyone else is holding up ok, I know that the holidays can be even harder on us than every other day we face. Hang in there and keep on being strong! You all really amaze me with your strength and courage to face each new day, even with all the frustrations and struggles with the GDC and Parole Board. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Kyla
04-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Patience
We are all here for you. Family can be really odd with a loved one in prison, and it can be difficult, but we have each other, and that is something THEY dont have :).

Your family will be in my thoughts this easter, and I pray that your man will be home with you all very soon.

CET
04-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey I didn't know other states had "checking in" threads!! congrats new forum leader.

strongernow
04-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I think the first one I did was a couple weeks ago... but I haven't heard much from anyone lately so thought I'd do another :)

and thank you! :D

Charliesgirl
04-10-2004, 09:03 PM
My family doesnt know about Charlie being in jail. My brother has a hard time with my nephew doing time.Not sure what to tell them if anything at all. He is also alot younger than me, not that it matters to either of us. Keep your chin up. Be proud of who you are and who he is. As long as he has your love he is a very lucky man. Hopefully you will be together soon. GOOD LUCK

strongernow
04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks Pam :)
Sorry to hear about your family, too. It really stinks that the people who are SUPPOSED to be there the most to support us, all often turn against us.