View Full Version : Post release supervision revocation...?

Reina1978
05-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Does anyone you know about post release supervision revocation? My bf is under Structured Sentencing and served his prison time. He got released with the mandatory 9 month supervision term those with a felony A-D automatically get once released. He had no new criminal charges, was violated 2 months before the 9 month supervision was to expire and was issued an absconding warrant, and was arrested. Is it common practice to have them serve the entire 9 months in prison? And if so, will he be 'free' after that point or will they issue another post supervision term? Is there any 'more time' they could sentence him to? From what I've learned online about this, the most he will get is 9 months (the total amount of post release supervision term). Could he get out any sooner or is this a flat sentence? Any information would be helpful. Thank you so much in advance!

CANDL8R
05-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Does anyone you know about post release supervision revocation? My bf is under Structured Sentencing and served his prison time. He got released with the mandatory 9 month supervision term those with a felony A-D automatically get once released. He had no new criminal charges, was violated 2 months before the 9 month supervision was to expire and was issued an absconding warrant, and was arrested. Is it common practice to have them serve the entire 9 months in prison? And if so, will he be 'free' after that point or will they issue another post supervision term? Is there any 'more time' they could sentence him to? From what I've learned online about this, the most he will get is 9 months (the total amount of post release supervision term). Could he get out any sooner or is this a flat sentence? Any information would be helpful. Thank you so much in advance!

Mine was on post release too and was arrested the day before his 9 months was up ( in another state)in April. He was transferred back to the NCDOC and his entore nine months restarted form the day he went back into the NCDOC and he has to do the nine months from that date. So he will get out in January. But he was told at the Parole Interview that he could work and earn good time and have it lower just as others, and no more time will be added unless he has other charges facing him beyond the parole violation. He will not have to be on post release again, just his redo the nine months for violation of the terms of his parole. I hope this helps....

Reina1978
05-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Thank you!! This DID help, a lot! From what I calculated, if he gets the complete nine months he will be out by the end of January. So, with them earning 'good time' can their release date be earlier than the complete 9 months?

CANDL8R
05-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Thank you!! This DID help, a lot! From what I calculated, if he gets the complete nine months he will be out by the end of January. So, with them earning 'good time' can their release date be earlier than the complete 9 months?

Yes that is what he was told....right now with only 8 months he hasn't gotten a job yet or school, so mine is not geeting "good time" from work, although is has put in for work several times. But with the new law that starts tomorrow (June 1) even those that do not have jobs get 3 days a month (from June 1 on, not time before) ...so yes that comes off (so June-Dec ...would be 6 months of 3 extra days each for 21 days off the 270 (9 months)...and be first Janurary and if working then 9 days for June - Nov - 6 months (54 days and move back to a Dec release)....Which is what mine is planning on....be out be his birthday and Christmas.....instead January. And if he can get a job soon, maybe even enough to move back to first November. Either way looks like our guys are seving same about of time for parole violation....s maybe we can support each other. PM me anytime...

phoenix0610
05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
can you elebrate on the new law that goes into effect June 1st? My husband said something about getting more time off for working or school. He seems to think it will be back logged m(Or pro rated)meaning that he has been in for 4 1/2 years he is due to get out in Nov and he believes that they will re do all of his good time and thinks that he is getting out in Aug.
If anyone can elebrate that would be great. I think that with him due to get out in Nov seems like its just around the cornor and he has been so hoping for the past 4 1/2 years for something to change and he gets out early. I have about given up on him getting out earlier.

CANDL8R
05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
can you elebrate on the new law that goes into effect June 1st? My husband said something about getting more time off for working or school. He seems to think it will be back logged m(Or pro rated)meaning that he has been in for 4 1/2 years he is due to get out in Nov and he believes that they will re do all of his good time and thinks that he is getting out in Aug.
If anyone can elebrate that would be great. I think that with him due to get out in Nov seems like its just around the cornor and he has been so hoping for the past 4 1/2 years for something to change and he gets out early. I have about given up on him getting out earlier.

I do not know....however I was told by someone who had talked to the prison her person is and was told they will earn 9 days credit for their jobs off their sentence instead of 6 starting June 1st and that it's not retroactive. So it does not seem like they will go back and recaluate any back time, but start with work done form June 1st on....with 3 extra days.....I will update you if I hear more. Maybe someone else can let us know if they know differently.

Reina1978
06-04-2011, 07:45 AM
This is great!! Then that means he'd get a little over 8 months with no job and about 6 months if he works. This is wonderful news. I would really appreciate doing some research on this 'law' so if anyone has any more information, please post it!!! I will look into it and post what I find. This is very important information that I'm sure everyone on here will appreciate :-) Thank you so much for letting us know!!

CANDL8R
06-04-2011, 07:55 AM
This is great!! Then that means he'd get a little over 8 months with no job and about 6 months if he works. This is wonderful news. I would really appreciate doing some research on this 'law' so if anyone has any more information, please post it!!! I will look into it and post what I find. This is very important information that I'm sure everyone on here will appreciate :-) Thank you so much for letting us know!!

Here is a post you might want to see: Post # 7617695

Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina News & Events > Increased Job Credit